Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

As much as GH was doing a cracking job at Villa

Sorry have I missed something, when did GH start doing a cracking job? We have been in or close to relegation all season and we are still not safe yet with 2 games to go? GH should be sacked for his preformance this year never mind his health issues he is an idiot and rubbish manager!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moyes all the way, fits well with the loyality criteria, 10 years at the same club.

I totally agree - IF we need a new manager it has to be Moyes - give the guy some cash he will bring in some class players

The way this is going on at Villa I really can't see GH coming back in a management role. If Villa know he is fit enough to come back they would of told the fans and players by now. Setting a mid-June target was the right thing to do but for me I would of said the end of the season

Yeah, I do understand what a major problem GH has had cause my gaffer had a similar thing - But my dad knew after a couple of weeks he had to retire from the fire service. As much as GH was doing a cracking job at Villa it also shows how rubbish GM is and how little the players think of him.

It wouldn't surprise me if PF & RL are already looking to try and get someone else in before the next window. Plus it wouldn't surprise me if they say or do something at the end of the Liverpool game either

Wot on earth does all this mean ?

I think Randy will go for Hughes.. with there being no compo to pay according to this - just think Randy likes hughes! .

He signed a one-year contract at the end of last summer, with the option for another 12 months, and there has been some debate as to whether he would carry on with the Premier League club, especially as others are sniffing around him.

Hughes is turning into a man in demand and Fulham need to get a move on.

Aston Villa might come calling, should it be mutually agreed that Gerard Houllier, who was released from hospital on Thursday, will not carry on following his latest health problems. Bayern Munich looked at him and Chelsea could even be interested, especially if they want a younger man to work alongside a director of football.

After Wednesday’s impressive 3-0 victory over Bolton Wanderers, Fulham are ninth in the table, which is a hugely impressive achievement for Hughes given the injury crisis he has faced.

They are an upwardly-mobile team again and it seems that one of the guarantees the 47-year-old Welshman has been given is that substantial funds – £20million has been mentioned – will be made available this summer. That would convince Hughes of the club’s ambitions and that they match his own.

He has bought well so far, in acquiring Carlos Salcido and Moussa Dembele. Beyond that Hughes does not want to gain a reputation as a manager who moves around too much while, at the same time, wanting to ensure he and the club he manages are going forward.

It was claimed that Hughes signed a two-year deal last year but it’s understood there is a break allowing him to leave at the end of this campaign without compensation.

The likelihood of Europa League football at Craven Cottage, via the Fair Play League, is another fillip for Fulham, who are probably pinching themselves at their luck in securing Hughes in the first place.

The length and terms of a new deal are yet to be decided but it’s understood that Hughes is, in principle, willing to stay.

DelboyVilla wrote:

Moyes all the way, fits well with the loyality criteria, 10 years at the same club.

How is he loyal if he leaves Everton??

I think 10 years is loyal enough? Now leaving after 10 weeks is not loyal. I think Moyes has shown enough for anyone to agree that he doesn't jump ship at the first sign of more money etc??

No thanks to Moyes, we should aim higher

I'd like somebody without anyt connection to the City of Liverpool

For me, Moyes has way too much Everton baggage

Who in your opinion would be aiming higher?

I don't know if this has already been mentioned and it is only speculation, but what about Quique Sanchez Flores of Ath Madrid. He has been linked with us, and yes i know it is TalkSport and no doubt utter drivel; but if that was to be brushed aside for a moment....What would your thoughts be if it was true? Could he inject a fresh approach and a new era at Villa Park? It would be an interesting move if the report did have some substance to it.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/7310/4/atletico-madrid-manager-flores-aston-villas-shortlist

I don't know much about him. I would like us to go for someone with a footballing philosophy though. Does he have it?

When I look at any manager, I always think about the players they could bring with them.

Forlan, Aguero, De Gea. All a bit optimistic - but you get he idea!

diehardvillan wrote:

I don't know if this has already been mentioned and it is only speculation, but what about Quique Sanchez Flores of Ath Madrid. He has been linked with us, and yes i know it is TalkSport and no doubt utter drivel; but if that was to be brushed aside for a moment....What would your thoughts be if it was true? Could he inject a fresh approach and a new era at Villa Park? It would be an interesting move if the report did have some substance to it.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... -shortlist

I don't know much about him. I would like us to go for someone with a footballing philosophy though. Does he have it?

When I look at any manager, I always think about the players they could bring with them.

Forlan, Aguero, De Gea. All a bit optimistic - but you get he idea!

Don't know much about him either other than his Europa win but as you say he has managed some good players there.

Martin Jol has Premiership experience, buys technically proficient players, his teams always play attractive football and he would set up a vastly superior scouting network to the one we supposedly have now and we would have no compensation to pay.

How many of the players were brought by him, and how many by Arnesen and Comoli?

He certainly didn’t do so well at Hamburg and Ajax.

A very good point. Personally I am not keen on him.

Yeah but Houllier would be buying the players as director of football and Jol coaching the team!

Ok then who would you have as our new manager being realistic or would you rather still have GH?

I personally feel Jol would do a terrific job for us and if you remember Hamburg played us off the park!

1) Sven

2) Moyes

3) Hughes

I hope your choice of 'Sven' is with tongue firmly in cheek! :o

Sven has a very good record. Wish we'd chosen him instead of GH when we had the chance.

Morpheus wrote:

Tamuff_Villa wrote:

1) Sven

2) Moyes

3) Hughes

I hope your choice of 'Sven' is with tongue firmly in cheek!

Sven has a very good record. Wish we'd chosen him instead of GH when we had the chance.

Yes but I get the impression that Sven makes MON look like Scrooge?

1. Rijkaard

2. Van Basten

3. Van Gaal

1. Rijkaard

2. Van Basten

3. Van Gaal

Of those only one is proven. The first two are poor managers.

Somebody whos actually won something for a start