Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

More to the point. Why did you stay away because of a player that played for us?

A Manure legend who had the foul stench of that club about him. The line was drawn for me.

Pathetic.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest av1
My only break from the Villa in the last 30 years was when Schmeichel played for us. If Benitez were appointed I would stay away again.

One thing that many seem to forget is that he is a pretty shit manager as well.

I think the guy is a grade A clearing in the woods, but how can you call a manager that has won 2 La Liga's, a C.L and a Uefa cup a shit manager?

In the same way many people cal GH a shit manager. who IMO, even without a CL title, has a far more impressive CV than FSW.

More to the point. Why did you stay away because of a player that played for us?

A Manure legend who had the foul stench of that club about him. The line was drawn for me.

Pathetic.

In your opinion? I would call it freedom of choice.

CL and EL are easily won tournaments?

wow.

In so much as, if you are in 'the club' a last eight spot is easily achieved and, normally, it's a bit of a lottery which member of 'the club' then wins it.

I am not a student of CL, because it doesn't interest me, but I would venture that the last eight normally comprises of 3 English, 2 Spanish, 2 Italian and 1 German or something like that?

I accept that this year there is one outstanding team, but they might even be out thought by the Scum.

Paul McGrath is looked on as a bit of Manchester United legend too now, did you stay away for those years too?

On the point of Benitez, no doubt about his credentials, but personally wouldn't want him at Villa, down to what he has done in the most recent history. Agree he wasn't given enough time at Inter, but his final year at Liverpool was also pretty shocking. Lambo for me, him with Gerard as a DOF.

My only break from the Villa in the last 30 years was when Schmeichel played for us. If Benitez were appointed I would stay away again.

I think the guy is a grade A clearing in the woods, but how can you call a manager that has won 2 La Liga's, a C.L and a Uefa cup a shit manager?

No idea about La Liga.

CL and UEFA Cup are easily won tournaments nowadays, with the right amount of resources, and the all important membership of 'the club' in the first instance.

On the former, at half time do you think that he gave an inspirational speech at half time, or was sat their wringing his hands?

But then he was lucky, so maybe we want a lucky manager...

To win any league title, you have to have some quality about you - he won them with Valencia, not a minnow by any means, but they were up against 2 Super clubs in Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Sure, you can have luck go your way in a cup run, but the best team always wins the league. That said, I don't believe that you can just 'luck' your way to a C.L win. There are too many top managers about for luck to take you that far. Plus you say about resources available, he hardley had massive resources at either Valencia or Liverpool when compared to the other big clubs around Europe.

Rafa Benitez is a knob, but would I have a two time Uefa Manager of the year in charge at VP? In a heart-beat.

I understand people not liking him as he is ex Liverpool, and the whole Barry carry-on a few years ago, but as far as managers we've been linked with if GH goes, Rafa is one of the few that actually comes with a history of winning trophies.

Because the tactical genius was his assistant manager Pako Whatsisface and ever since they fell out he's been shown up for what he is, i.e. not very good. Every single thing he's won, he won with Pako as his assistant and Pako was the tactics man and the one who dealt with the players. Benitez fell out with a big part of the reason for his success and without him he's lost, one of the few people that doesn't realise this is Benitez because his ego won't let him.

Because the tactical genius was his assistant manager Pako Whatsisface and ever since they fell out he's been shown up for what he is, i.e. not very good. Every single thing he's won, he won with Pako as his assistant and Pako was the tactics man and the one who dealt with the players. Benitez fell out with a big part of the reason for his success and without him he's lost, one of the few people that doesn't realise this is Benitez because his ego won't let him.

I agree with most of this Bicks other than the last line, I think Benitez finally admitted it to himself just before getting the boot from Liverpool as he apparently asked Pako Ayestaran to return.

lets hope it aint Moyes cause with his starts to the seasons villa fans will have him sacked by november
I was about to say, he doesn't usually win until December! I imagine VT will be up in arms.

Im gonna stick my neck out and say Houllier to stay (which I think is unlikely now). But if he does/did, please please get rid of that clueless wonder Gmac, he has no idea. He can stay as a fitness coach or something, but dont ever involve him in tactical football. Although I will add, being that 50% of our players are average at best, we would need a tactical genius to get anything out of them and I think that would be an amazing feat. This is why you cannot balme Houllier totally, it would be hard work for any manager.

I agree with most of this Bicks other than the last line, I think Benitez finally admitted it to himself just before getting the boot from Liverpool as he apparently asked Pako Ayestaran to return.

Hahaha, I genuinely didn't know that :)

Pathetic.

When you've followed a club for more than one season you might have an idea about what following a club is all about.

I have absoutely no confidence that the board will get the next appointment right. I mean their first one wasn't bad, it was a complete disaster. Even when Ellis hired DOL who was bad, he wasn't that bad compared to the shambles we've had to put up with this season.

The very fact that there's a chance the board would actually be willing to wait and see if GH will be well enough for next season says it all to me. They lack ideas and it's not good enough.

Ever since they've they tooken full control of the club, it's been a disaster after another. Even with a fresh pre-season, the club won't be fully recovered.