Should Houllier Stay or Go? (New topic, new poll options)

bickster

Should Houllier Stay or Go?  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Should Houllier Stay or Go?

• Should Stay
    • Should Go Now
    • Should Go at the End of the Season.

geniune claims of Fat Sam....jesus christ.

In fairness there was only one - and it was laughed at quite a lot.

Altho he probably would have done better than Houllier result wise so far!

Tho yes never would want him as manager or anywhere near us and neither would most sane ppl

To put things straight, i would only want him here to help us stay up. he'd get the best out of what we have, we could then get someone better in the summer.

What a god awful attitude to have. Thank fook you aren't the chairman Fran.

Well, even if we had have got him from the start we'd be much better placed than we are now. god awful attitude get over yourself??. don't piss your pants just because some has an opinion. I said right from the time that GH was apponited i'd rather see someone like Lambart come in with a long term plan, not a washed up old man like GH. I was only saying get Fat Sam as a stop gap as he'd get the most out of what we have.

I was only saying get Fat Sam as a stop gap as he'd get the most out of what we have.

Yeah you said get fat sam in till the end of the season then get rid and get somebody else in. Maybe we should install a revolving door at Bodymoor while were at it eh?

Oh and are we gonna just do poll after poll after poll until the results are in favour of GH leaving??

Seems that way to me.

Well, what ever it takes i suppose. the sooner moves on the sooner the club does to.

you do know it doesnt matter what our polls say. Cant imagine Randy and Paul Faulkner reading VT polls and making a decision

I'm sure they dont either, Lets just hope they grow some balls and put there mistake right though..

I was only saying get Fat Sam as a stop gap as he'd get the most out of what we have.

Yeah you said get fat sam in till the end of the season then get rid and get somebody else in. Maybe we should install a revolving door at Bodymoor while were at it eh?

Well, thats whats happend anyway with the men we have in charge.

We'd probably be a little higher up the league but not much higher. I don't think that would count as a better position, next season we all start from zero again. After Houllier's time here I think he is in the best shape to to put us the best positionfor next season, our style, fitness and player mentality is changing for the better. Sam would secure 10th place and have us playing with Carew and Heskey up front. Thanks but I'll keep Houllier.

We'd probably be a little higher up the league but not much higher. I don't think that would count as a better position, next season we all start from zero again. After Houllier's time here I think he is in the best shape to to put us the best positionfor next season, our style, fitness and player mentality is changing for the better. Sam would secure 10th place and have us playing with Carew and Heskey up front. Thanks but I'll keep Houllier.
Well, if we could secure 10th now, and appoint someone better in the summer i'd take your hand off. Right now we are 3 points off the drop with this useless clown in charge.

After Houllier's time here I think he is in the best shape to to put us the best positionfor next season, our style, fitness and player mentality is changing for the better.

Exactly. Hes had time to assess things here and he addressed that in the window with some crucial bits of business. Give him the summer to sort the rest of MoNs mess out and we will be fine next season IMO. Sack him and we're back to square 1 im afraid.

He has to stay until Sept/October next season. If we're still not getting results at that time, hes gotta go, no excuses.

Well, if we could secure 10th now, and appoint someone better in the summer i'd take your hand off. Right now we are 3 points off the drop with this useless clown in charge.

Fair enough, I want us to play nice football, back our manager and board, hold our reputation as a respectable club and most importantly get back to winning. Firing Houllier, hiring Sam then firing Sam and Hiring someone else in the space of 3 months would make us a laughing stock. Thankfully Randy knows this.

After Houllier's time here I think he is in the best shape to to put us the best positionfor next season, our style, fitness and player mentality is changing for the better.

Exactly. Hes had time to assess things here and he addressed that in the summer with some crucial bits of business. Give him the summer to sort the rest of MoNs mess out and we will be fine next season IMO. Sack him and we're back to square 1 im afraid.

He has to stay until Sept/October next season. If we're still not getting results at that time, hes gotta go, no excuses.

The trouble is, he's shown nothing in all the time he's been here to give me any confidence that he's the man to sort our problems out.

And back to square one. A bit like Spurs after they sacked Ramos I suppose?

Exactly. Hes had time to assess things here and he addressed that in the summer with some crucial bits of business. Give him the summer to sort the rest of MoNs mess out and we will be fine next season IMO. Sack him and we're back to square 1 im afraid.

Is the defence still under assessment. Or will he be doing that in the championship next season. i mean after all, we are only 3 points off the drop and he's pissing about.

Exactly. Hes had time to assess things here and he addressed that in the window with some crucial bits of business. Give him the summer to sort the rest of MoNs mess out and we will be fine next season IMO. Sack him and we're back to square 1 im afraid.

All this stuff about O Neills mess irritates me. He left us at a time that meant we couldn't strengthen in the summer. Apart from that though we weren't left in a mess at all. We have just had our most points for 15 odd years and increased them year on year, we were a team that was capable of beating anyone on their day. The fact that another manager can't get the same players, with the exception of Milner, performing isn't a reflection that he inherited a mess at all. He has had a lot of injuries which haven't made things easy, but this wasn't a huge mess he took over. There is no way we should need a huge overhaul just to get back to competiting for 6th place again

He has made things really difficult for himself i think. With the fans by downplaying us, from saying the 8th - 12th place team, to the Liverpool farce to throwing away our chances of a cup.

And with the players by trying to get all of them to play a new style immediately, instead of gradually bringing in changes, as well as publically criticising a number of them.

He is obviously a decent manager, his track record says so. I am not convinced however he will do anything with us, and i don't feel happy with someone in charge who doesn't give the impression he sees us as club as big as we are

All this stuff about O Neills mess irritates me. He left us at a time that meant we couldn't strengthen in the summer. Apart from that though we weren't left in a mess at all. We have just had our most points for 15 odd years and increased them year on year, we were a team that was capable of beating anyone on their day. The fact that another manager can't get the same players, with the exception of Milner, performing isn't a reflection that he inherited a mess at all. He has had a lot of injuries which haven't made things easy, but this wasn't a huge mess he took over. There is no way we should need a huge overhaul just to get back to competiting for 6th place again

He has made things really difficult for himself i think. With the fans by downplaying us, from saying the 8th - 12th place team, to the Liverpool farce to throwing away our chances of a cup.

And with the players by trying to get all of them to play a new style immediately, instead of gradually bringing in changes, as well as publically criticising a number of them.

He is obviously a decent manager, his track record says so. I am not convinced however he will do anything with us, and i don't feel happy with someone in charge who doesn't give the impression he sees us as club as big as we are

MON left us as a top half side, GH has taken us down lower than he even said we where. he said top 8 to 12. sure i can't even remember the last time is seen us in the top half.

We were 12th last week. We've dropped to 13th after Fulham's win.

And very few people thought MON was going to repeat top 6 again this season with that squad. Most thought top 8 which we are currently 5pts from.

Drama?

Nothing like it SV. Totally different situation.

It's never going to be an identical situation. I don't think it's totally different though.

And it proves that you can sack a manager who is severely underperforming, and the guy who comes in can do significantly better with the same group of players. So to say it takes us back to square one is ridiculous. It could take us anywhere, depending on who we appoint.

(We could appoint Jol or Ranieri or whoever and climb up the table. Equally we could appoint Fat Sam and slide even further down it.)

3 points off the drop zone, but also 3 points away from 9th.

Still a fall from grace compared to last season, and also watching Liverpool fix their troubles has been slightly frustrating.

Problem is, who is better than Houllier that we could actually approach? Can't see us tempting Van Gaal unfortunately.

Some of our football, has, in patches, been an improvement. There is an appearance that when GH actually gets his squad together that things might be better. We all knew this season would be a washout, its just incredibly frustrating to actually see it unfold before our eyes.

GH has proved that he's got enough nouse about him in the transfer market, but its his motivation and appetite that I personally question. Waving the white flag at Liverpool and Man City was nothing short of disgraceful and disrespectful to our club. He needs some PR lessons, but whilst he remains in charge, I'll support the team. I can't see us going down, but then again, those thoughts should never have been allowed to crop up in our consciousness.

Lets get rid of the dead wood in the summer and start rebuilding properly, then we can judge him fairly. Having said that, good managers 'should' be able to inspire straight away and change problems, not dally along with them and mention them in the press.

Nothing like it SV. Totally different situation.

It's never going to be an identical situation. I don't think it's totally different though.

And it proves that you can sack a manager who is severely underperforming, and the guy who comes in can do significantly better with the same group of players. So to say it takes us back to square one is ridiculous. It could take us anywhere, depending on who we appoint.

(We could appoint Jol or Ranieri or whoever and climb up the table. Equally we could appoint Fat Sam and slide even further down it.)

Can you explain to me why the situation at VP is similar to that of Spurs under Ramos please?

I don't see it at all.

Â