Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Anyone really want to defend Hutton an suggest a player he's better than in our current squad (ala QI, the alarm will sound if you say Heskey!).

100% of people would rather play Cuellar. 90% would rather we play Clark. 70% would rather we played a kid and 51% would rather we played Beye. 100% of these statistics are made up... but you get my point!

I'm suprised he's doing so badly for you. During the periods in which he had decent runs in the team for us, he genuinely was a good right back. He went on loan to Sunderland and their fans thought he was excellent. Maybe injuries have caught up with him.

I'm suprised he's doing so badly for you. During the periods in which he had decent runs in the team for us, he genuinely was a good right back. He went on loan to Sunderland and their fans thought he was excellent. Maybe injuries have caught up with him.

who ??

who ??

Hutton when at Spurs.

Did he not get an assist today?

It was one of those assists that show assists aren't always the most reliable stat. If anyone deserved an assist for that goal it was Gabby for smartly switching the play to the right, all Hutton did was receive the ball and play a 5 yard square pass to Petrov who did the rest. Assists where the goals are clearly solo efforts shouldn't really count as assists.

---

In general, I've yet to be at all impressed by Hutton. Maybe still not up to full sharpness or low in confidence, but he just looks bad in defence & utterly ineffective (though a willing runner) in attack.

He didn't make any glaring mistakes today, but he still doesn't fill me with confidence.

I think by getting his confidence up a bit we could have got Beye playing to a similar level as Hutton.. but I'm waiting to be proved wrong.

It was one of those assists that show assists aren't always the most reliable stat. If anyone deserved an assist for that goal it was Gabby for smartly switching the play to the right, all Hutton did was receive the ball and play a 5 yard square pass to Petrov who did the rest. Assists where the goals are clearly solo efforts shouldn't really count as assists.

ok i only saw it pop up on flashscore as havent seen the game

He didn't make any glaring mistakes today, but he still doesn't fill me with confidence.

You're joking aren't you. Did you see the first goal? He was turned with ease by Sessegnon I think, which drew out Collins and created the space for Wickham.

He looked okay going forward, finding space etc. but rarely did his crosses get past the first man.

I want him to work as I liked him in a Scotland jersey and hoped we would get him when he initially went to Spurs.

I think it is really dangerous to pay good money for players that haven't played regularly for a few years (typically dropping down from bigger/better teams). It rarely works - Sidwell, Wright Phillips, Bentley and even Scott Parker took a while to get back to his Charlton levels after his year long sabbatical at Chelski.

I agree with barry'sboots. He was partly to blame for the first, not only was he turned easily, he left a massive gap for Wickham to run into unchallenged. Dunne tried to get across to block but it was too late by then, the ball was on it's way to the back of the net.

Yeah Hutton got turned, but Sessegnon showed some great skill to do so, the question is why Collins also chose to run out leaving Wickham unmarked. To make matters worse not only did Collins run out he slid in like an over excited teenager meaning there was no way he'd get back.

Add that to the second goal and then the lame attempt at defending against West Brom Collins needs dropping.

Â