Valentines Day

sparky

Ah, never been in there since it re-opened and Enzo left.

Probably the best restaurant over here now, by a long way. Have you tried that Portofino yet on the quay? Absolute shite.

It was going to be JAR (the place that used to be Ciapellis). Very nice in there now.

Where is that Risso? Going over with the missus in March so will probably head out for dinner one of the evenings....

Ah, never been in there since it re-opened and Enzo left.

Probably the best restaurant over here now, by a long way. Have you tried that Portofino yet on the quay? Absolute shite.

I haven't no, and I don't think I will now. The last one I went to in Douglas was Isola (sp?) with work and that was nice, oldest building in Douglas apparently and lovely little area downstairs.

I really like Mamma Mia's in Ramsey, not the most flashy of restaurants but incredibly good prices for the quality and portion - probably where I'd be taking the missus if I were home right now given current finances :). They're great with kids too, if the babysitter has indeed bailed.

It was going to be JAR (the place that used to be Ciapellis). Very nice in there now.

Where is that Risso? Going over with the missus in March so will probably head out for dinner one of the evenings....

Sorry mate, did miss it. As Jonno says it's on the the main road that follows the beach where all the hotels are. It's not far at all from the shops and main hotels. If you need any other recommendations then let me know.

Juju wrote:

celebrating it by a hand shandy into a sock over a card from their mums.

That's not a bad idea actually Agree

Is that what you'll be doing as well?

No. She's dead.

But on a lighter note, there's a woman at work (girl seems no longer appropriate at my age) who's dated some real clearings in the woods over the years. Last one dumped her whilst she was pregant with twins. Seems to have had a bit of a self confidence knock. Now, she's a sweet girl, and attractive, just not my type, but I was thinking of an anonymous card, just to cheer her up.

But do people respond well to anoonymous cards? Or would it be better not to bother?

Juju wrote:

celebrating it by a hand shandy into a sock over a card from their mums.

That's not a bad idea actually Agree

Is that what you'll be doing as well?

No. She's dead.

But on a lighter note, there's a woman at work (girl seems no longer appropriate at my age) who's dated some real clearings in the woods over the years. Last one dumped her whilst she was pregant with twins. Seems to have had a bit of a self confidence knock. Now, she's a sweet girl, and attractive, just not my type, but I was thinking of an anonymous card, just to cheer her up.

But do people respond well to anoonymous cards? Or would it be better not to bother?

It might cheer her up. But if she started trying to find out who it was and found out you sent it, she might not take it the right way. The intention's right, but they don't always work out that way.

Reminds me of a time at uni, one of the guys we knew was...well let's not beat around the bush, he was a total geek, and not goodlooking at all. Top bloke, one of the nicest you'll meet, but never any luck with the ladies whatsoever.

Anyway, one night he'd been chatting with this girl in a club. Nothing happened. BUt we sent him a text anonymously pretending it was her saying how she'd had a ncie time.

INtentions were good, but then he started formulating all these plans to ask her out etc etc. When we had to tell him that it wasn't really her it destroyed him!

Morale of the story, just be careful ;)

I will be going out in Birmingham and attempting (and probably succeeding given that it's Valentines weekend, the easiest weekend to pull in the year) to get my end away

Mission accomplished, although she was horrendous.

I will be going out in Birmingham and attempting (and probably succeeding given that it's Valentines weekend, the easiest weekend to pull in the year) to get my end away

Mission accomplished, although she was horrendous.

:lol:

How horrendous are we talking? Description please. :thumb:

Pretty bad. Horrible fake tan, make up applied with a trowel, fake hair and nails etc. She could have come straight out of jersey shore to be honest. Not fat though so that's a bonus.

I realised at about 2.59 in the morning that despite my claims on here that it was easy to pull on v day weekend, I hadn't pulled (I actually hadn't tried to be honest, I was having a very good night with mates) so I grabbed the nearest thing. Oh well, she seemed grateful.

She didn't even complain when I phoned her a taxi out of the blue. Nice girl...

Â