Valentines Day

sparky

1. Written a poem that I have put in the Valentines Day card

2. Have the bouquet ordered to present to here when I pick her up from hers

3. Will be cooking a meal for us on the Tuesday evening at mine. Get the candles out etc..

I'm planning on turning my bedroom into a masturbation furnace on valentines day.

Even if I could do something I wouldnt, load of old bollocks it is...unless the bird is going to let you do her up the wrong'un then there is no point of the whole day.

I take the same sort of attitude to it as I do halloween and new years eve and bonfire night and all the other pointless shite that people buy into

Maybe I'm just a miserable bastard lol

3. Will be cooking a meal for us on the Tuesday evening at mine. Get the candles out etc..

Will you not send her flowers to work? :winkold:

She'll be at her day job working at the charity run homeless shelter, so nah.

OH so her day job is a Recruitment Consultant? :winkold:

Do you not think you're making a rod for your own back ?

I am off down to London with the girlfriend this weekend.

Got tickets to Phantom Of The Opera for Saturday night then taking her to http://www.bigeasy.co.uk/v1/index.aspx for dinner.

Job done!

Why the big easy out of curiosity? I know it well and i like it but i dont think its anywhere special.

She likes American food. I have done Bodeans in Soho before and fancied a change.

Do you know any other good ones?

She strips for hobos?!! :shock:

I am off down to London with the girlfriend this weekend.

Got tickets to Phantom Of The Opera for Saturday night then taking her to http://www.bigeasy.co.uk/v1/index.aspx for dinner.

Job done!

Why the big easy out of curiosity? I know it well and i like it but i dont think its anywhere special.

She likes American food. I have done Bodeans in Soho before and fancied a change.

Do you know any other good ones?

Fair enough, I am a big Bodeans fan, go to the one at Tower hill for the odd lunch and then theres also one where i live on clapham.

I wouldnt know many other American style restaurants as Bodeans and their chicken wings always satisfy.

I wouldnt say Big Easy is bad, just thought it was an odd choice but if your looking for a good surf and turf you cant go to wrong. Word of warning: You could see the cast from the only way is chelsea. Its full of their ilk.

Im loving "Hache" and the moment which is an upmarket burger place. Theres one near me in Clapham but there is also one on the fulham road near the big easy

Sophies Steak house is also in the area and do some mean steaks but also pretty expensive.

To be fair, im sure the girlfriend will love The Big Easy, its fun in there.

Thanks zak,

I appreciate your thoughts.

I am more into the ribs, as is she etc? I take it Bodeans is better for that?

Bodeans food was really good but I just fancied a change. But it sounds like The Big Easy would irritate me being sat next to a load of pretentious pricks!

Which is better for atmosphere Bodeans or Big Easy?

To be fair im not that much of a ribs guy, much prefer my pulled pork and burnt ends etc. Id say the ribs are better at Big Easy, i think the bodeans ones are abit bland, but youve probably had them yourself and therefor have your own opinion.

I probably shouldnt have said anything, im sure youll really like the Big Easy. its got a really good atmosphere with live bands playing. It just seemed an odd place for a trip to london on Valentines day after the opera but if you want american food, and youve done bodeans, its probably your best bet. I think its better to sit downstairs with the band rather than upstairs with the bar

in the past i'd get very drunk and call everyone words removed for buying into it, but now i've admitted defeat to the crushing reality that is words removed buy into it because they need someone else to tell them how they feel and how to convey their feelings to their chosen partners.

so my plan this year is to get drunk and feel depressed about said words removed need for a designated day to do something nice, and the words removed masking of a nice gesture with 'i get sex out of it', eh? eh? sex! with a woman!

bollocks to valentines day. want some advice? do something today. buy something out of the blue, take them out for a meal, go to the cinema. or if you don't have the time for any of that caper, write a letter. it takes about 10 minutes out of your day, but it works a treat.

rant over.

in the past i'd get very drunk and call everyone words removed for buying into it, but now i've admitted defeat to the crushing reality that is words removed buy into it because they need someone else to tell them how they feel and how to convey their feelings to their chosen partners.

so my plan this year is to get drunk and feel depressed about said words removed need for a designated day to do something nice, and the words removed masking of a nice gesture with 'i get sex out of it', eh? eh? sex! with a woman!

bollocks to valentines day. want some advice? do something today. buy something out of the blue, take them out for a meal, go to the cinema. or if you don't have the time for any of that caper, write a letter. it takes about 10 minutes out of your day, but it works a treat.

rant over.

I agree with you. BUT the one perspective that you have not looked at it from is the girlfriend's. I understand that women are mainly bitches and very competitive.

If a woman has a nice fella who buys gifts etc on most other days but their best friend has been taken away for the weekend or for a fancy meal on Valentines...then there is trouble.

Especially if said best friend asks her :"what did you do for Valentines?"

rant over.

I completely agree mate, Ive recently discovered that it isnt very hard to make these little gestures and they dont haveto be overly soppy or expensive at all and is always pretty well appreciated

cant see the point in going all out for one day just because everyone else is

waste of time

Â