Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

A bad tackle today, he lost his cool in a difficult game for him where he couldn't get on the ball as much. I thought he did OK though considering the speed of the game, even by PL standards it was quick. He looks more suited to a less frantic match like most new foreigners over here.

Makoun Tinted Glasses Off

Red card aside his performance today:

25 successful passes

16 unsuccessful passes

64% of his passes were wayward!!! That is shit! By comparison Reo Coker had 24 successful and only 8 that missed their mark.

Tackles Won 4, Lost 11 for a central midfielder that simply isn't good enough. Reo won 10 and lost 5.

Yet some people are saying Makoun was our best player prior to the sending off, what **** game were they watching? I have no doubt that he will be a great asset once he gets used to the Premiership and learns that it is ok to touch the ball more than once before passing it but I don't understand the love in for Makoun when other players have been ripped apart for playing better.

25 successful passes

16 unsuccessful passes

64% of his passes were wayward!!! That is shit! By comparison Reo Coker had 24 successful and only 8 that missed their mark.

Tackles Won 4, Lost 11 for a central midfielder that simply isn't good enough. Reo won 10 and lost 5.

Yet some people are saying Makoun was our best player prior to the sending off, what **** game were they watching? I have no doubt that he will be a great asset once he gets used to the Premiership and learns that it is ok to touch the ball more than once before passing it but I don't understand the love in for Makoun when other players have been ripped apart for playing better.

Why don't you like him? His performance against Man Utd was one of the best CM games by a Villa player in a long time and that was only his 2nd game. He then played well against Fulham without being brilliant.

A few of his passes were off target today but tbf, he attempts harder passes than NRC, so I wouldn't say NRC's passing was any better. It was a manic game on a crap pitch, not his sort of game at all I wouldn't have thought, but he didn't look particularly off the pace and covered a fair bit of ground. He wasn't brilliant but did OK.

Yeah sell him what the **** have we signed sack GH get rid of learner sell the villa park move to Olympic stadium boo

Why we Having a go at makoun we drew away at Blackpool I am disapointed but it was a point gained move on and get behind us

Didn't watch the match but a couple points.

Guardien also count headers as mis-placed headers, winning a header in the midfield is a bit harsh to count as mis-placed pass and also, if he's playing more attacking balls then you naturally are going to lose it more. In reality, we've been asking for players to get the ball forward quicker at times into dangerous positions but doing that, you are naturally going to give it away more.

Although from those stats, one to many you'd say there.

25 successful passes

16 unsuccessful passes

What kind of math is that TSV? 16/41 = 39%.

Thought he was fine today, but just lost the plot on that play. NRC played the best game of his season (maybe a couple) - so its tough to use this game as the comparison point between them.

On the balance, still think he was a great signing.

Thought he was good in the first half but anonymous in the second, as a result we didn't test Blackpool in the second half at all. His tackling was poor and the red card tackle was just plain stupid. I hope he doesn't walk back into the team after the suspension unless he works very hard on his defending.

Makoun was poor defensively, especially 2nd half. Blackpool played with three in the middle vs our two and Reo Coker was getting over run with no support in there at times. It was always going to be a red card which is a big shame to not have him for the next three games. Looks like Petrov gets back in. ffs!

Looks like Petrov gets back in

:( Hope Bradley comes in, this might mean a little less creativity but certainly more energy in the middle of the park that in theory should offer more protection to the back four. Cliched I know but look at SHA, the old adage about "if you don't concede a goal you've always got a chance of winning the match" makes a lot of sense to me.

The tackle wasn't even that bad - looked to me he was trying to block the run of the ball when the receiving player got it and he just caught him. He hardly made contact with DJ.

While NRC had an awesome game Makoun is by far and away our best midfielder - i like his movement in the first half as he seemed to be coming out of his shell and pushing forward.

Why don't you like him? His performance against Man Utd was one of the best CM games by a Villa player in a long time and that was only his 2nd game.
Memories of Berson.

So because he's started out very well, he'll be a Berson?

You clearly didn't get the played very well against Manchester United reference.

The started out very well thing is talking him up rather a lot imo. Bad games against Wigan and Blackpool, good game against United and a decent but quite flawed performance against Fulham is his record so far imo

The tackle wasn't even that bad - looked to me he was trying to block the run of the ball when the receiving player got it and he just caught him. He hardly made contact with DJ.

While NRC had an awesome game Makoun is by far and away our best midfielder - i like his movement in the first half as he seemed to be coming out of his shell and pushing forward.

correct in that he hardly touched DJ but hes been sent off for the technique. Two feet raised off the ground, your asking for trouble. Had a similar one in the first half but won the ball, GH needs to get this out of his game else it will cost us.

Makoun was poor defensively, especially 2nd half. Blackpool played with three in the middle vs our two and Reo Coker was getting over run with no support in there at times. It was always going to be a red card which is a big shame to not have him for the next three games. Looks like Petrov gets back in. ffs!

Poor defensively? You do realise that his double tackle led to our goal and also when he broke up play before downing missed that one on one. I do think he needs to get more upper body strength as he tackles well but has no real power, thats probably why he makes a lot of sliding tackles.

Why don't you like him? His performance against Man Utd was one of the best CM games by a Villa player in a long time and that was only his 2nd game.
Memories of Berson.

So because he's started out very well, he'll be a Berson?

You clearly didn't get the played very well against Manchester United reference.

The started out very well thing is talking him up rather a lot imo. Bad games against Wigan and Blackpool, good game against United and a decent but quite flawed performance against Fulham is his record so far imo

... and that definatly is "in your opinion" bicks.

I would say he had a great game against Man Utd, a great first half against Fulham but an average second half (he was still our best player on the pitch), a good first half against Blackpool, and an average debut against Wigan.

Other than his red card and a few dodgy positioning moments, I think he's clearly been one of our top 3 players in every game he's played for us so far.

Â