Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Said it when he joined. This boy is quality. He has a pass for every situation. Wether it is a simple pass to someone close, a long ball to the wing, give and go. He has class movement.

He is so good that when he plays next to Petrov, Petrov looks like Sidwell. Remember, Petrov was the one midfielder that we had who could pass at the start of the season and has been one of our best players over recent years. Not now son, you've been shown up

On the radio today they were raving about his passing, they were saying when Petrov gave him the ball, Petrov didn't look like he expected it back or in some cases back as fast as Makoun was giving it to him....Petrov was caught out a few times by that today, so they said on the radio anyway...Was that right?

In fairness, he gave the ball away a couple of times in the last few minutes of the game. When Villa were pushing for a winner and he was virtually on his own in the centre of midfield for Villa. That said, he was still the best passer on show. I think he needs a partner to "look after him". That partner is not Petrov.

On the radio today they were raving about his passing, they were saying when Petrov gave him the ball, Petrov didn't look like he expected it back or in some cases back as fast as Makoun was giving it to him....Petrov was caught out a few times by that today, so they said on the radio anyway...Was that right?

Yes. And it wasn't just Petrov that this happened to. In all fairness, Makoun is showing all the players around him up. He is too quick for them and they are not ready for the ball that is coming their way.

In fairness, he gave the ball away a couple of times in the last few minutes of the game. When Villa were pushing for a winner and he was virtually on his own in the centre of midfield for Villa. That said, he was still the best passer on show. I think he needs a partner to "look after him". That partner is not Petrov.

Couldn't agree more.....and had that partner been on..... we would have notched a win.

I thought he was poor today. A couple of decent passes but rarely got back to cover, didn't tackle and gave the ball away needlessly, still getting to grips with the Premiership. Those who gave him MOTM can I have some of what your are drinking?

I would firmly say he did a little more than make 'a couple of decent passes' today. He rarely looses possession and almost every time he makes a pass it's a forward pass, unlike Petrov who only passes sideways and backwards. Our goal for instance came to be because of Makoun fantastic one-touch pass to DJ. We must have watched a different game, because although I do not have the statistics to back this up, I'd say he didn't give away the ball more than 3-5 times, and I can't remember any of them being in a defensively critical situation. Whereas Young, Gabby, Bent and others gave away the ball much more. I'll agree on the tackling, he wasn't at his best with that today. Think he was a bit tired still after OT and probably should have been subbed after 60-65 minutes. Obviously he's still trying to get to grips with the pace and intensity of the Premier League. However, considering he's come from France, I am highly impressed, because he's already shown he has what it takes, and he'll still improve hugely, there's no question about that.

btw, I was drinking a Finnish beer called Sandels, it's quite good, I highly recommend it, that is if you can find it wherever you are :D.

I also don't think its a conicidence that Makoun has adapted to Houllier's passing game better than anyone else we have in the squad (One of his signinga) and looks comfortable when passing a ball. The players we have currently aren't used to passing the ball across the ground as much.. Makoun is. The style before gave us results mind you.

He has played football at top level and if anything it is an eye opener (to me) as to how far we are as a squad from champions league and perhaps Europa League now, there is a reason we never got past first stages and it wasn't only because we decided to play rubbish lineups (beye etc.. what a disgrace this was, should've taken it more seriously).

It's all about opinions I know, but I must have been watching a completely different game today. I thought he was poor, sorry. He rarely won a clean tackle, his distribution was awful in the second half, yes he plays everything one touch which is nice on the eye but he just didn't put the ball into dangerous areas. There was no way he was better than Petrov today.

It's all about opinions I know, but I must have been watching a completely different game today. I thought he was poor, sorry. He rarely won a clean tackle, his distribution was awful in the second half, yes he plays everything one touch which is nice on the eye but he just didn't put the ball into dangerous areas. There was no way he was better than Petrov today.

You're absolutely right Steell. It is all about opinions. I thought Petrov was very poor. I also think that our movement generally was really poor across the park and that's perhaps why J2M couldn't play the ball into the types of areas that would damage the opposition.

Makoun is making Petrov look silly. He's class. You can see that already. I'd ideally like to see him push forward abit more as he has the ability to provide killer passes but I don't expect him to be doing to much of this whilst he is playing in a 2 man midfield with Petrov

Â