Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Yeh at this moment in time think Petrov's experience would be helpful.

Central midfield 3 - Makoun , Reo Coker and Petrov imo. With Ash and Downing supporting Bent.

Unfortunately, this may not be an option...

Just saw this-

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2011/04/03/aston-villa-willing-to-sell-ashley-young-102039-23034142/

and this-

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Aston-Villa-s-Nigel-Reo-Coker-will-be-able-to-leave-on-free-in-summer-with-Valencia-Seville-Roma-Juventus-and-Napoli-article719929.html

Not sure how reliable these sources are though...

I meant in the time being - ie-for the rest of this season.

I think its common knowledge Ash will be off in the summer (unfortunately) as for Reo Coker - we'll id be suprised if he went abroad as with most English players.

He may well come good next season, but at the moment I think he's a load of pish. We can't afford to keep anybody in the team who isn't up to speed, so why is he playing?

Oh the merry go round that is VillaTalk...after the Man Utd game when he completed 85 of his 95 attempted passes, there was talk of him being snapped up by Man Utd or Chelsea in the summer, everyone was talking how good he is.

And now back to giving him time to settle in etc etc.

Reality really is a bitch isnt it!?!?

:lol:

think makoun is much more suited to play in a 3 man midfield. seems to me that his main strength is the ability to know where he is going to pass the ball before it arrives, therefore often only needing one touch. any fan who was at old trafford at the start of february will know that he never once looked it danger of getting closed down or, indeed, giving the ball away cheaply at all during the whole match. one of the best individual displays i've seen all season.

with him and reo-coker we have an intelligent ball player and an enforcer who likes a tackle but lack a player who can get into dangerous positions to score a few goals or play a killer ball.

I think you are spot on PV. I would give Delph a go in the ACM role as I don't think we have anybody, with the possible exception of young Gardner, who can play that role.

I initially thought Bradley was bought in to do this as I thought he was more attack minded (hadn't seen a lot of him) but it appears that he is a more deep lying CM'er. Not quite sure what the point of bringing him in was given that we had Delph, Petrov, Coker and Makoun (plus Bannan and Hogg) and really needed an ACM to replace Jimmy, as SI was a failure and Ash just can't play there IMO. O'Hara would have been a much more sensible loan signing, although I am not sure we could have taken two from the same PL club? He showed in the Wolves game how an ACM should link things up.

The last thing we need, IMO, is a CM of Stan, NRC and Makoun/Delph. I don't see Stan and NRC playing together and much prefer NRC's energy to the now redundant Stan.

I didnt say you had admitted to not liking him, I was working on the evidence given before and after he (Makoun) arrived. Did you ever accept that he got injured early on against wigan? I believe the 'superlatives' are being dreamt up by you. What do think you can get £4m? ..Kaka?

You pinned your colours to the Petrov mast and while the Bulgarian can frustrate me, I was never one to prolong the castigation. Petrov was given some considerable time and I hope Makoun can afford half as much grace.

Well before he arrived my opinion was along the lines of never seen him play but why are we buying a central midfielder when our need is far greater elsewhere. After he arrived and played at Wigan it was, he'll need time to settle in, he's way off the pace but he'll do much better at United because he'll be more used to their pace of the game.

And now my view is much the same. Why did we buy him, we have plenty of cover in this position, right now he's playing and Delph isn't. Petrov too is available and there are others perfectly capable of doing a job too. I don't hate him, I think he can come good but he will need time and in the midst of a relegation battle we can't afford that luxury

Agree, right now, we need the players who are going to benefit us in the here and now. Do have great faith in Makoun in the long run, but we've got enough midfielders to pick and choose to suit the opposition. At the moment he doesnt seem to get involved quite enough, which is a problem when you're playing a 2 man midfield, could benefit from playing in a 433 formation.

Give the lad a chance, he will be fine next season Im sure

This.

Makoun will be fine. It would be hard for any player to come into a club and flourish that appears to have several in house issues and that is fighting relegation. We can see that the guy has some great potential which Im sure will be proved more so next season. How long did it take for JPA to come good?!?! Now the guys a villa legend.

Juan Pablo Angel - a villa legend???? Errr no

The last thing we need, IMO, is a CM of Stan, NRC and Makoun/Delph. I don't see Stan and NRC playing together and much prefer NRC's energy to the now redundant Stan.

Petrov shouldn't be starting matches and should be last choice with Pires for me imo. Delph, NRC and Makoun in midfield would be my choice.

Oh the merry go round that is VillaTalk...after the Man Utd game when he completed 85 of his 95 attempted passes, there was talk of him being snapped up by Man Utd or Chelsea in the summer, everyone was talking how good he is.

And now back to giving him time to settle in etc etc.

Reality really is a bitch isnt it!?!?

:lol:

I said at the time we might have been jumping the gun a bit. SGC syndrome I call it ;)

Not that i think Makoun is bad, I've seen enough to indicate that, given time, he'll be a good player for us. But people were certainly getting too excited when he first played.

Petrov shouldn't be starting matches and should be last choice with Pires for me imo. Delph, NRC and Makoun in midfield would be my choice.

Yep, the problem we have is that a one legged Makoun is better than Petrov at present and Delph looks like a rabbit in the headlights at times.

Actually, I said this earlier. Petrov should be starting matches and being told to go for it because when he's knackered a short while into the second half, he's coming off with Makoun coming on. Thats the way to effectively get Makoun up to speed and get the best from Petrov

Central midfield 3 - Makoun , Reo Coker and Petrov imo. With Ash and Downing supporting Bent.

Just saw this-

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2011/04/03/aston-villa-willing-to-sell-ashley-young-102039-23034142/

and this-

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Aston-Villa-s-Nigel-Reo-Coker-will-be-able-to-leave-on-free-in-summer-with-Valencia-Seville-Roma-Juventus-and-Napoli-article719929.html

12m for Ash is a **** joke, final year of contract or not. But i think i could live with it - certainly replaceable IMO.

BUT...

NRC leaving for nothing i cannot live with though. How on earth this contract thing with him has rumbled on for this long is just beyond me. Whoever is sorting the contracts out at Villa Park needs to be shot!! Disgracefull!!!

Just saw this-

and this-

12m for Ash is a **** joke, final year of contract or not. But i think i could live with it - certainly replaceable IMO.

BUT...

NRC leaving for nothing i cannot live with though. How on earth this contract thing with him has rumbled on for this long is just beyond me. Whoever is sorting the contracts out at Villa Park needs to be shot!! Disgracefull!!!

Maybe he just doesn't want to sign another contract? We can't force him to sign one.

Not saying that's the case, you may be right. BUt if he doesn't want to sign then there's not a lot we can do.

I didnt say you had admitted to not liking him, I was working on the evidence given before and after he (Makoun) arrived. Did you ever accept that he got injured early on against wigan? I believe the 'superlatives' are being dreamt up by you. What do think you can get £4m? ..Kaka?

You pinned your colours to the Petrov mast and while the Bulgarian can frustrate me, I was never one to prolong the castigation. Petrov was given some considerable time and I hope Makoun can afford half as much grace.

Well before he arrived my opinion was along the lines of never seen him play but why are we buying a central midfielder when our need is far greater elsewhere. After he arrived and played at Wigan it was, he'll need time to settle in, he's way off the pace but he'll do much better at United because he'll be more used to their pace of the game.

And now my view is much the same. Why did we buy him, we have plenty of cover in this position, right now he's playing and Delph isn't. Petrov too is available and there are others perfectly capable of doing a job too. I don't hate him, I think he can come good but he will need time and in the midst of a relegation battle we can't afford that luxury

I see what you're saying but I do feel GH had to buy someone as the depth of quality in the position is weak. We get over run there and still do. I'm not keen on NRC and I can still see Gardner playing this season.

There are other positions in need of replenishment like the whole defence you're right.

I mostly agree with Bicks on this, although I can see where billy_loes is coming from when he says we were being overrun. The thing is though, we were told that Makoun was a box to box type of midfielder, who gets stuck in and has a decen pass on him. If that were actually the case, then I could certainly see the argument for playing him in the team. As it is, it's clear that while he can spot a pass, the quality of his defensive play is pathetically bad. He isn't up to the speed of the Premier League at all, and as such is a luxury that we simply can't afford in a relegation scrap.

Delph is far from the finished article, but already to me he looks more like the player that we were told Makoun was before we bought him.

I'd be starting with Petrov and Delph for the remaining games. The pair of them have far more quality and ability than Makoun and NRC.

I'd be starting with Petrov and Delph for the remaining games. The pair of them have far more quality and ability than Makoun and NRC.

I disagree I think Petrov shouldn't be starting at all, NRC has been superb this season compared to Petrov.

Horses for Courses.

Reo Coker has been good all year, but I wouldnt be against Makoun / Petrov for Newcastle at home, a game we should be looking to win.

Similarly, it might be time to give Delph the chance to play.

Personally I don't think NRC has been good all year at all. He's done what he's always done, run around a lot, with very little quality.

You must be watching a different NRC then.. he has been superb all season and Petrov has been totally the opposite.

Â