Project Anthem [Poll Added To OP]

Shoody

Anthem Choice  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Anthem Choice

• The Bells are Ringing
    • Ghost Riders
    • Stand by Me

Stand By Me is not a bad shout - it fulfils most of the criteria I mentioned upthread. I think it falls down on some of its timing though - the rhythm is not easy, and there are gaps that require counting beats for it to work. Too much "silence".

(Where "x" represents a one-beat pause:)

When the night x x has come x x x x x

And the land is dark x x

And the moon x x is the only x x light we'll see x x x x x x

Hard for a crowd to sing, in fact. Definitely the right sort of song, though.

It's not hard for a crowd to sing at all. Is 'Holte enders in the sky' sung exactly the same as 'Ghostriders in the sky' in the original song? No.

Or should that be Nooooooooooo ;)

its weird how the General said he would be behind the anthem but i have now asked him twice about promoting the poll both of have which have been ignored.

im going to set up a separate one on a new thread because of un-intentional voting.

EDIT: cant set up new 1, don't know how to make a poll.

Mods can you add one to this please?

The bells are ringing. It has history and is a decent tune, though I wouldn't mind stand by me. I've wanted us to have an anthem for aaaaages, it's what we need in my opinion. It would certainly help the atmosphere to get better.

Though there's always a danger that we'll only sing one song like SHA or wet spam.

I was really trying to drive this project forward since the general said he would support it (find it in the generals thread somewhere) but then I asked him 2 questions about promoting the poll both of which were completly ignored. and without his support this is pretty far fetched. as much as I would love this to happen, its not going to anymore until we get the backing from someone up the ranks. oh and some people need not knock those down who wish and are attempting to make a better atmosphere at VP

I was really trying to drive this project forward since the general said he would support it (find it in the generals thread somewhere) but then I asked him 2 questions about promoting the poll both of which were completly ignored. and without his support this is pretty far fetched. as much as I would love this to happen, its not going to anymore until we get the backing from someone up the ranks. oh and some people need not knock those down who wish and are attempting to make a better atmosphere at VP

If you really are determined to make this happen then you need to come up with a few promotional ideas of your own. You can't expect the General to do all the work for you.

Asking the General if, say, you could hand flyers out before the game promoting your anthem would be a better way of approaching things.

Did anyone noticed they played this in full about ten minutes before kick off? To be honest, I thought it sounded pretty weak, would be very complex for all the fans to learn every bit (and be tempted not to sing the anti-Blues bit) and it was just too slow.

Â