Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

If we get 12 points, we're basically safe.

I'd kill for that right now.

Well i hope its not just my blind optimism getting in the way, but with the squad we have we could well get them results. i just hope to god that yesterdays result will have perked our players up. i'm not saying that beating Shef Utd is the best thing ever, i just think it might have given the players a lift. just like you'd try to get from playing lower teams in pre-season's i suppose.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really looking at the fixtures, once february begins, everything is very very winnable up until a trip to the emirates on the second to last day...if houllier gets his right men in, I fancy us going on a good run feb-april, which is the opposite of the MON days...hopefully the harsh midseason fixture list was good to get out of the way??

If he stays, and let's hope he doesn't, what will be expected from him next season. Has a terrible season so far and lack of investment lowered expectations so people will be happy with a top half finish? Or after a summer and pre season should houllier be expected to get us back in the top 4 fight?

just below the top 4 fight after he's had time to bring in his own players and have the players already there adjust to his system would be what id expect from him

If he stays, and let's hope he doesn't, what will be expected from him next season. Has a terrible season so far and lack of investment lowered expectations so people will be happy with a top half finish? Or after a summer and pre season should houllier be expected to get us back in the top 4 fight?

If he stays then the minimum expectation will be automatic promotion to the Prem.

Really looking at the fixtures, once february begins, everything is very very winnable up until a trip to the emirates on the second to last day...if houllier gets his right men in, I fancy us going on a good run feb-april, which is the opposite of the MON days...hopefully the harsh midseason fixture list was good to get out of the way??

To be honest it's far more comfortable getting points on the board rather than having all the pressure on these games. I think we are underestimating the teams we have in this period, a lot of them will be fighting down there with us (and fighting is a key word as we have lacked it recently).

I was thrilled at the weekend that we showed we are capable of beating the level of opposition we are likely to be facing next season, augurs well for our promotion campaign

I still want him out

I was thrilled at the weekend that we showed we are capable of beating the level of opposition we are likely to be facing next season, augurs well for our promotion campaign

I still want him out

I know this is riddled with sarcasm, but the point did cross my mind.

Yeah, I must of missed that part when we relegated. I do find it funny on this board, it's the same people.

Jean Makoun thread, clear negotations going on for a very good player, bid rejected but still on going.....none of them comment. A thread about signing a player from Blackpool comes up and they are over it like well in the famous words....'All over it like a tramp on chips..."

Yeah and to be honest, there's barely ever a deal in the world that gets accepted with the first couple bids. I just find it funny, one transfer shows the club are looking to buy quality players, yet people don't seem to want to comment on that but as soon as a link comes up with someone like Charlie Adam from little Blackpool, it's suddenly the only player we are going for and a sign of the times....yet trying to negotiate a deal with Makoun isn't a sign of times, it's nothing. It's not even worth commenting on. Funny that.

To be honest it's far more comfortable getting points on the board rather than having all the pressure on these games. I think we are underestimating the teams we have in this period, a lot of them will be fighting down there with us (and fighting is a key word as we have lacked it recently).

yes agree...i remember when jg took over in like the feb/march. if the season had gone from his first league game to the 38th in the next season there was a stat that we would have won the league by an absolute mile! we normally switch off in spring but this year we cant!

Â