415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem is from what i can see is we will only get worse if we sack GH.

1) Who would we replace him with and even if we did replace him who is to say that the next manager won't have the same problem.

2) We really can't waste this month looking for a new manager we need to be looking for new players because with the right bunch of players working under GH i am confident that he can do wonders for the club .

It can't get any worse.

What we need to be looking for is a manager that can work with this bunch of players, not a bunch of players that can work with this manager.

Fair enough but they guy is doing a shit job. Doesn't mean personal jibes are acceptable. I don't see why people 'hate' him...he's doing shit at a JOB, it's not on purpose.

My comparison was shit but so was his. The guy doesn't deserve to be hated just because he's shit at what he's doing in my opinion, especially when it's personal. I hate him as a football manager sure but when people say 'I hate the person'....or whatever, I find it quite sad.

Same with the players, they rarely get 'personal abuse' for being shit, I don't get why managers should.

I agree he doesn't deserve to be hated as a person for being shite at a job and not caring about a club that means lttle to him, most of the blame should really lie with the men that appointed him as it was clear from day one he had no passion for this club or the job and for me that should be the first thing a board should be looking for when appointing a manager.

Crisis Club Comparisons

image002pp.gif

Thankfully that period around 3 quarter way where they pick up 3/4 points from 8 or so games is where our best run of fixtures are. If we need 34/35 to stay up, I believe we will do that. Although it's looking like 38-40 points is going to be what's needed which is a little more worrying.

You could commit a large chunk of the club's money to a has-been, a late thirty-something who will play a bit-part in the season.
Are we really that poor? :shock: :lol:
yes
It was a rhetorical question. :winkold: Of course we're not that poor. There's no way Pires' wages come close to being "a large chunk" of the club's money.

Fair enough but they guy is doing a shit job. Doesn't mean personal jibes are acceptable. I don't see why people 'hate' him...he's doing shit at a JOB, it's not on purpose.

My comparison was shit but so was his. The guy doesn't deserve to be hated just because he's shit at what he's doing in my opinion, especially when it's personal. I hate him as a football manager sure but when people say 'I hate the person'....or whatever, I find it quite sad.

Same with the players, they rarely get 'personal abuse' for being shit, I don't get why managers should.

Ha no sorry, I was laughing at your comment on dudley_villa's post. I meant his comparison was ridiculous, not yours, I was in full agreement :P

I can see where the confusion came about though, apologies.

You could commit a large chunk of the club's money to a has-been, a late thirty-something who will play a bit-part in the season.
yes
It was a rhetorical question. :winkold: Of course we're not that poor. There's no way Pires' wages come close to being "a large chunk" of the club's money.
The question may have been rhetorical but the answer still stands I'm afraid

He should just thank his lucky stars that we are not south americans mate!

yes
The question may have been rhetorical but the answer still stands I'm afraid
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Pires is on hundreds of thousands of pounds a week.

Â