Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

The only way empty head will go is if the fans stay away or demonstrate.

Only 32k there last night and that was with £12.50 tickets...

Randy needs to remove this charlatan asap before the fans turn on him and the board but it maybe to late.

If it comes to it, I'd prefer the fans to boycott games rather than demonstrate.

Demonstrating is like adult way of being mardy and would make us look like barcode fans.

Lerner's motivation for being where he is is ultimately money. Don't turn up and he'll be forced to change his mind. It's simple with no media hullabaloo.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blamed MON for August and September, but come on, you can't blame him now for god sake.

I took over a new team in July, it was in a shambles, my predessor retired and basically was on run down for 2 yrs, as was one of the workers who retired the same day. I said when I took over, this is a mess, it will take me two months to sort it out - but I'll start getting you results in November.

In November, my boss came to see me and said "I've gave you what you wanted - time to start delivering !" - and I have.

By the way - that is all TRUE.

Congrats on your successful delivery, but a little simplistic to compare in this way me thinks.

I doubt your team are a set of finely tuned athletes earning £30k+ per week with an average age of 25 competing every week for 90 minutes in front of 30k+ punters.

If they are I apologise - and would be interested to know if you need anyone else for your team. :winkold:

It's pretty clear that GH is here ... and staying. So it's pretty useless to talk about alternatives.

As has already been proposed, the only constructive option is now for all supporters to give him their backing.

My beleif is that Houllier sold the board his vision:-

Young players

Foreign players - scouted from GH'S CONTACTS

Cheaper transfer fees and wages as a result of these young foreign kids

Revultionise the training methods

Revolultionise the scouting system

It seems to me the board are so taken with the vision - of a better team on greatly reduced costs - they just can not see that Houllier is 'blagging it' - the Nirvana they hope for doesn't exist. -

Yes we will get the costs down - at the cost of premier league football.

In the context that Houllier was probably the only prominent applicant on the shortlist then what what would anyone else have done?

Changed tack and approach someone already in a job and more recent experience at managing in the top level in this country?

Backing him shows balls, the easy option would be to sack him. I think it's a shame they are showing balls and sticking with him despite the league position.
Another convert?

Backing him shows balls, the easy option would be to sack him. I think it's a shame they are showing balls and sticking with him despite the league position.
Another convert?

I remember being in threads agreeing with what he had to say and visa versa.

Now I'm agreeing again but for completely the opposite reason.

Imagine going out at Villa Park to a low attendance of 32,000, no atmosphere, it's a cold Wednesday night and the away team are up for it more. Heskey just gets sent off, the best player on the pitch at the time may I add, and they score to make it 0-1. All your fans start booing and singing derogatory chants to the manager. What would you do? I'd say right well fook off then am I putting in a performance, you don't want to support us then we won't try and get a result for you. I'd imagine it's not easy playing with no support and the only songs aimed at Houllier in a negative light. Fed up with all this booing now.

Imagine going out at Villa Park to a low attendance of 32,000, no atmosphere, it's a cold Wednesday night and the away team are up for it more. Heskey just gets sent off, the best player on the pitch at the time may I add, and they score to make it 0-1. All your fans start booing and singing derogatory chants to the manager. What would you do? I'd say right well fook off then am I putting in a performance, you don't want to support us then we won't try and get a result for you. I'd imagine it's not easy playing with no support and the only songs aimed at Houllier in a negative light. Fed up with all this booing now.

But the Houllier chants were quickly followed by "Villa till I die".

I dont condone the Houllier chants, as i kepy my mouth shut personally, but it wasnt all negative.

Â