415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players play to tactics. If there are no tactical ideas what are the players supposed to do

by the same token these clowns couldnt play connect four.

I'd say the manager couldn't. We had 8 full internationals in that side last night I think.

So why are they 1 point from bottom? Do they have to have their arses wiped for them?

Why do people defend the players? they're as guilty as anyone.

Players play to tactics. If there are no tactical ideas what are the players supposed to do

by the same token these clowns couldnt play connect four.

I'd say the manager couldn't. We had 8 full internationals in that side last night I think.

So why are they 1 point from bottom? Do they have to have their arses wiped for them?

this!!!

Right, ok.

Decision made. Then back him to the hilt. This squad needs a radical change and you've got 25 days to do it in. Less really, as every game now counts massively.

Last two games of the season - Arsenal and Liverpool. Don't fancy that in a relegation battle. 15 games to save this football club from relegation.

The key is that its in those 15 games that Villa need to get their points. That's a potential 45 points.

Yes, there seemed to be some things awry last night, I agree. But last Sunday everything was pretty good, wasn't it (apart from conceding the 2 goals in the last 10 mins of proper time)? GH seemed to have that one about right, and I would hope he learns from last night's slips.

From a managerial perspective things wernt all that at Chelsea either, same as last night we were missing subsitutions at the right time.

At Chelsea we should have made a few changes to match theres when we went 2-1 up, they made a few subs and started to come get into a rythem and come at us and unfortunately we couldnt fend it off long enough. We shoudlnt be fending it off though, we should be breaking up the play they were building with some new fresh legs and I believe we threw away 3 points due to lack of subs.

Last night on the hour it was obvious something needed to be changed, we needed to make a few subs. Gabby looked as if he needed to come off and downing wasnt looking very effective either. Our crosses wernt looking very good and IMO our current best crosser right now is a one Marc Albrighton who should have come on far earlier. Houllier not making changes reminds me of Mon and that used to frustrate me greatly, I can accept/excuse a lot of things but bad tactical decisions blow it for me.

It wasnt working last night and if he had changed things earlier it could have changed the dynamic. Indirectly it could have prevented heskey from getting set off as a new rythem can quickly change the mood of a player and maybe it wouldnt have errupted like it did.

What's the betting he sells Carew, Cuellar, Sidwell, Collins and Warnock... then quits 5 days before the end of the transfer window??

If he manages that I would recommend him for a rather large bonus :winkold:

Players play to tactics. If there are no tactical ideas what are the players supposed to do. An example is in the first half when Downing was doubled up on he had no clue what to do as there was no movement in front of him and none to the side. I don't think effort was the problem last night, just a complete lack of ideas on how to beat the opposition.

It`s been like that at home games for years now.

Yet we have picked up enough points home and away to be up the other end of the league.

At this current moment I agree but we`ve always struggled in recent seasons at home needing that midfielder than can pick that one pass as to combat what Mourinho used to describe as "parking the bus" we need a midfielder with a footballing brain who dictates tempo imo.

As for 8 internationals last night, I`m sure I was one of thousands last night that wouldn`t call them internationals at all.

Right, ok.

Decision made. Then back him to the hilt. This squad needs a radical change and you've got 25 days to do it in. Less really, as every game now counts massively.

Last two games of the season - Arsenal and Liverpool. Don't fancy that in a relegation battle. 15 games to save this football club from relegation.

The key is that its in those 15 games that Villa need to get their points. That's a potential 45 points.

Yes but weve already wasted a potential 60 odd points

It seems to be "blame anyone/anything but Gerard" time today. :lol:

This.

Dont get this "blame the players" attitude.

A squad of 20 or so individual players all turn to shit over the space of a few months, and there's one common factor, the manager. A group of players dont all completely lose form, coincidentally at the same time, unless there is something driving the downturn.

Also, if i hear one more case of, "For £50k a week, they should be motivated", I'm going to scream. £50k a week buys you Ferrari's and Porsche's, £50k a week does not buy you motivation or desire ffs.

Of course but these are the same players who finished 6th last season bar one. I'd say a manager with any nouse would have us performing at mid table.

A quote heard on radio by a colleague this morning.

'Gerard Houllier looks like an old bloke who has wandered into a park where a bunch of kids are playing football and decided to stand and watch'

I thought that it summed him up pretty nicely.

Second thought-those who, like me, spent much of their time heading up the A38 in the 87/88 season must, like me, have a perverse hankering for second tier away days.......... :winkold:

As for 8 internationals last night, I`m sure I was one of thousands last night that wouldn`t call them internationals at all.

Well they have all played for international teams so they are and therefore managers must have seen something in these players for them to play there.

Of course but these are the same players who finished 6th last season bar one. I'd say a manager with any nouse would have us performing at mid table.

If only he'd had those players from day 1 until now.

Last night on the hour it was obvious something needed to be changed, we needed to make a few subs.

Heard Hou saying somewhere he was just about to make some subs when Heskey got sent off, so of course he couldn't make them any more.

As usual, it seems it was someone else's fault, NOT Hou's... :lol:

Â