415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking news on SSN: "Aston Villa say Gerard Houllier's job is safe".

Because the owners probably know what mysteryman has told us about the pathetic behaviour of the players!!!!!

This!

Probably know? I'd say it was their intention he tell us!

If he loses to Birmingham and i say an IF as it is inevitible really, but he should be fired.

He should have been fired after the result last night... give him his chance against blose anything other than 3 points and he should be fired a point isnt good enough.

Time for Houllier and the players to pull their fingers out then. If we lose against Birmingham then I will be jumping on the 'Houllier out' bandwagon. However, I will give him that one last chance to turn things around. Time to get things done!

Well thats it then, Villa have confirmed his job is safe.

Well you better give him, at the very lesat £30m quid, and we WILL have to pay higher wages than we are now, as that is th eonly reason players will now come to us.

I've said since the Blues 0-0 - this is 1986 being relived. That has just confirmed it - we WILL get relegated.

For me, that will be it with the Villa - I'll see out this season, but I've done my time, if the board don't give a shit about this club, I won't until we have one that does.

Lost complete and total faith in Lerner and Co - maybe, after slagging off our old manager for putting players on high wagers, they have took the decision it will take too much to pay off a guy with 3 yrs on his contract.

MOTD show what they want.

try going to the games and seeing for yourself.

I went. I thought both teams were equally shit and a draw was on the cards before the sending off. They threatened more second half and realised they could win the game and we did nothing about it.

Exactly , they brought Gyan on, we left Gabby on the left wing where he was doing **** all and kept an exhausted Petrov in the centre of midfield . Lets be honest we deserved **** all from yesterdays match , to negative , to many mistakes , just basically not good enough to win .

The players who are now not playing. The excuses have not got to stop, Injuries have cleared. He is now been given January to recruit players because of his varying contacts in the World but we sign Kyle Walker. He now has to get us out of this shit with result instead of the bollocks he talks of it. A liverpool fan said to me it looks like in his conference yesterday that he really doesn't care about the positioning. He keeps going on about February, We will play teams in and around us who will fight to stay up, will we fight, will we ****.

With 17 matches still to run (= potential 51 points), there is plenty of time still to run.

However, we all know that team confidence is a big thing, and with whatever was achieved at Chelsea being eradicated by last night's play, everyone is nervous.

Backing the manager is the only route though. Nearly all of what has transpired can hardly be put at GH's door ... though there are a lot who would like to do that.

Breaking news on SSN: "Aston Villa say Gerard Houllier's job is safe".

Because the owners probably know what mysteryman has told us about the pathetic behaviour of the players!!!!!

This!

Probably know? I'd say it was their intention he tell us!

Well yeah, you could be right. And its probably come so far that a new manager cant fix it! Only time, and maybe a relegation/total clear out by the sounds of it.

Utter disgrace

Well thats it then, Villa have confirmed his job is safe.

Well you better give him, at the very lesat £30m quid, and we WILL have to pay higher wages than we are now, as that is th eonly reason players will now come to us.

I've said since the Blues 0-0 - this is 1986 being relived. That has just confirmed it - we WILL get relegated.

For me, that will be it with the Villa - I'll see out this season, but I've done my time, if the board don't give a shit about this club, I won't until we have one that does.

Lost complete and total faith in Lerner and Co - maybe, after slagging off our old manager for putting players on high wagers, they have took the decision it will take too much to pay off a guy with 3 yrs on his contract.

How about the players start caring?

Now the board have said Houllier's job is safe they have to back him with money

Get us out this mess ffs Mr Lerner the money you spend getting us out of this mess will be a drop in the ocean compared to the loss in revenue should we get relegated

To me giving him one last chance to change and continually looking for excuses to blame anything other than him is a classic example of a battered wife staying with her husband just one more time. It will end in tears

He has played 16 and WON 4, so what's going to be different in the next 17. I'm sorry the blame does lay with Houllier, he prepares the tactics and the players to win football matches, if we want to continue to blame MON to make the board and certain fans blinded of what is going on then so be it. The bottom line is i am judging him by his performances as ASTON VILLA manager and it is not acceptable. Maybe once we're in the Championship we will see the same posts because i'm telling you this, that is where we are heading. We have no passion, no desire, our manager who supposedly being from the continent is a tactician? Bruce changed his formation and our manager did nothing, he sat on his arse on the bench and did not motivate anyone.

Right, ok.

Decision made. Then back him to the hilt. This squad needs a radical change and you've got 25 days to do it in. Less really, as every game now counts massively.

Last two games of the season - Arsenal and Liverpool. Don't fancy that in a relegation battle. 15 games to save this football club from relegation.

Â