415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to win 6 games to stay up, and we have 17 games left to play..

With this tosser in charge, I can't see it happening.

We really are deep in the doodoo. There is no way on this planet that GH has it in him to get us 6 wins out of those last 17 games.

It was a close game tonight and we could just as easily have won or lost. The performance was much better than say at Liverpool or Man City, and for now I'm backing Houllier. I was very annoyed after we lost to Tottenham and thought if he was going to go, it should have been then. The problem with sacking him now is that we'll waste another transfer window, and I'm not convinced in the character of our squad to avoid relegation without reinforcements, particularly up front and in central midfield.

If he loses against Birmingham then I may have to re-evaluate that position because we can't risk being cut adrift, but for now I think there's as much of a risk in sacking him as there is in keeping him.

is this a joke thread? sack the useless muppet a.s.a.p, 8 points from a possible 30. no other club would tolerate such a run of poor form.

Chelsea?

Ancelotti has earnt his stay of execution, that's the difference. Scolari was straight out.

Agbonlahor left, Downing right, and Young in the hole/up front. Didn't work, and it was obvious it wasn't working, and he didn't change it. Bizarre.

I read somewhere that often when new managers come in, they try to do something different from the last manager to make their mark, and so they are credited with success i.e. in this case, if he did exactly the same as MON then people would say "its MON's team anyway, Houllier hasn't done anything". That is the only reason I can see for putting Ashley Young up front, and persevering with it so long, even though he's been shit this season (or shit compared to how he can be out wide - he shows glimpses of it every time he is in a wide position).

I've been sticking up for Houllier, and think that with a good trasnfer window, bringing in his own players it might still work. The problem is, I always thought it would be a very average season (or worse than average) and he would build for next year - but he's not getting the results for even a below average season. He needs time, but he needs to earn that time himself.

Alot of questions now -

How long does Randy wait to do something?

How long can he stick with his man?

How long can we be in the bottom three and GH remain in post?

If we get rid of GH, realistically who are we going to appoint manager?

Does he give GH money to spend knowing that we could conceivably lose our next 3 games and be in an even worse position?

Based on what we've seen over Xmas - bearing in mind the bright result was Chelsea, and they lost tonight against Wolves - I think we should be worried. If GH is staying, then he needs money to buy players, even if we can't ship out the deadwood (players GH doesn't want). If thats not going to happen, then I'm afraid I would get rid IF there is viable alternative.

Sad times.

is this a joke thread? sack the useless muppet a.s.a.p, 8 points from a possible 30. no other club would tolerate such a run of poor form.

Chelsea?

nearly as bad as villa they have 10pts from their last possible 30, but got 26pts from their first 10 games.

I gave him time.

I have him support.

I realised we had a terrible injury crisis. THAT IS OVER.

So is his career as our manager, goodbye GH and thanks for the... erm

thanks for

thanks...

oh stuff it

HOULLIER OUT!

Not normally one for sacking the manager but there are not many options left.

it seems the players are not interested in playing under him.

His tactics are awful. Gabby on the left has been shit EVEN against chelsea.

Hoofing it up to Heskey all the time.

The games just seem to bypass our CM

This clown has to go, the only thing is that we have an owner that doesnt have the back bone to sake him. its a **** disgrace that Randy as let us get into this position and e has a lot to answer for in all of this, i say MON is pissin himself now because Randy was to tight to give funds in the summer

Â