415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pires said in The Sun: "What's certain is that the two games coming up against Sunderland and against Sheffield United in the FA Cup will be very, very decisive for Gerard's future."

Rumours of dissent in the dressing room have also surfaced.

"It's true it's a bit tense. Gerard is having trouble getting his message across," Pires said.

"He is used to a certain way of working and he arrives with new methods.

"From what I've understood, there have been several meetings between Gerard and the players who didn't really agree with him.

Read this just and I am disgusted with the players if what Pires says is true. It's not the players place to criticise the managers methods, especially when they haven't even given them a chance. Players play, managers manage! I hope we have a good clear out this month because we bloody need it!

On the other hand, can you really believe what Pires is saying?

He can't spend that much time with the Villa players, being chauffered to and from North London on training days and no doubt just staying down south on free days.

My reactions were

(a) how does he know what goes on at Villa, he is hardly ever there?

(B) who the f**k is he anyway to start holding forth on what is happening behind closed doors.

Button it, Pires!

He is fit so he will be training twice a day 4 times a week plus on match day, and for away game in the team bus and hotel, so I would say he spends about as much time with his teammates and anyone else at the club! Should he be commenting on whats going on behind closed doors, probably not, but from the sounds of it I can't really make matters worse can it!

As for Houillier I was against his appointment, but wanted to give him a chance, but I don't think he really got a chance from the players, they didn't like his training methods and rebelled so for me Houillier has t go, but the guy has been shafted. Richard Dunne can **** off back to ireland along with that clearing in the woods Ireland.

Get out, get out, get out.

You cannot defend the undefendable. There are no excuses.

Injuries? No time? Couldnt sign anyone?

Bullshit.

The teams immediately above us have got a lot worse squads and have put out a lot worse starting XIs.

He's fallen out with players, hasn't got any playing particularly well and the attitude on the pitch and off from players and himself has been appalling.

Get out you utter **** disaster of a human being.

I bet the Liverpool score soon wiped the smirks off them 2 scouse clowns faces tonight.

If he's got any ounce of well-meaning towards Villa, he'll be clearing his desk.

How can Allardyce and Houghton get the boot for being mid-table, yet we stand by and watch this ****-wit guide us into a relegation fight, which we are now in the thick of the shit down there.

So **** angry tonight, surely one of the idiots who run this club will see the mess we're now in.

The players have worked hard for the last few seasons, they have shown determination, grit and a huge amount of balls. they were a team that were never beaten.

The team have beaten all of the big sides and come within a grasp of silverware.

Now their manager has left and has been replaced by someone who critises them openly in the press and has tried to change everything about the way they play. I'm sure they used to pride themselves on their set piece record at both ends and now it is a shambles. He clearly has vendettas against some players based on previous encounters and is out to prove a point.

I'm not saying the current attitude of player is acceptable or correct, but to say they get paid a fortune so they should always perform is a simplistic way of looking at things. When i've ha d a new boss in the past who acted like a git my effort reduced and I did what I had to do instead of going the extra mile.

I agree with this.

Our manager is always grilling our players in public. Carew and Ireland frozen out when we could do with them!

But I see it that there is more to it. Something we haven't heard or seen behind closed doors. His time is up. He has lost the dressing room. This will send us down. Good man, good record.... I don't care. AVFC is what I care about.

I will be astonished if Randy sticks by him now. And also disappointed. We can not keep this crap up anymore. Good performance for 1 game gets us 1 point quickly followed by 3 shit performances and 3 defeats. We are shit and Houllier is taking us down.

It's a shame because I really like him and wanted him to succeed but Aston Villa is the most important thing and Lerner needs to act now.

The Sunderland was a must win game and we failed to win it. In the end the point we got at the Chelsea game was only a good point if we had won tonight.

Sack GH now and replace him as quickly as possible. In all honesty I can't imagine any manager getting less out of these players than GH has. He should have gone after the Liverpool game when it became obvious his heart wasn't in it.

Sack him we stand a chance of staying up, keep him and we will go down.

so pissed off Im going to bed, when I wake up I need to be seeing that the french scouse bastard has been sacked, we just cant wait any longer now, something has to be done.

Cant see Hodgson lasting much longer either, hope we dont end up with that clown either, dont need another former scouser coming out with quotes like GH and touching that **** sign at anfield.

Â