Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

Think I'm going to have to buy the house in Markarth as I am obsessing somewhat over having every book I can find. My bookshelf in the Whiterun house is full and the cupboard opposite has about 4 times as many that could fill that bookcase. But apparently the Markarth house has huuuuuuuge bookcases :D Speaking of Markarth, my problem earlier isn't as desperate as I first feared. Once I loaded up my save again I could go into the city fine - although they all kicked off again when I went to see the Jarl :|

Level 26 now, trying to clear up some misc quests as I had about 30 in my list. Once they're done I'm going to clear some quests that are on my list - about 10 or 11. An I've still not visited Windhelm, Solitude, or Morthal :D

I started as a Redguard and will be going ahead with Melee! Not sure what yet though, probably a typical sword and shield! Just wandering, I know many probably won't remember, but I've just finished the starting zone and free in Skyrim. I've been told to join a certain group but I haven't a clue where they are, if I should join them or what each group offers. I've told it to locate their location on the map but it hasn't for some reason? Again, it's probably down to personal preference but any advice in a certain direction would be appreciated.

I assume the certain group you have been told to join is the Stormcloaks. They are basically a bunch of rebels, and the Imperials are the government. You dont have to join them, you dont have to join either group in fact. I havent yet and just from walking around the world the rebels seem like the biggest bunch of pricks (yes, I am aware it was the government who were going to execute me at the very start of the game but they thought I was a rebel) so I might just side with the Imperials at some point. For now I enjoy being friendly with both factions.

Traded in GoW 3 for this yesterday also with a added £20, what a game. Ive gone for Dark Elf going for a full on mage. can't believe how big this game is. Just took me 8 hours to get to the greybeards, kept getting side tracked. My god that ice troll was tough

Stumbled on a dragon priest immediately after offing a dragon, got my arse handed to me.

Still, I'm now rocking full ebony armour, and just garnered my first piece of dragonplate :D. Soon I'll be unstoppable... ;)

Bloody game. List lydia somewhere.

Saved, loaded restarted and slept three days straight. Gone.

Can't get this awesome Mage to follow me now. He's like a young gandalf and took down two sabre tooths in two hits of his fire storm.

Anyone else had this issue?

Can't get this awesome Mage to follow me now. He's like a young gandalf and took down two sabre tooths in two hits of his fire storm.

Companions aren't immortal. I'm afraid your Lydia is dead from the sounds of it. My Lydia is dead too, I barely got to know her :( As for the Mage guy, unless you get a speech option asking him to follow you, it isn't possible for him to become one of your companions.

I bought a dog earlier. Keen to please his new master, the tough little bugger had a go at the first enemy we stumbled across. Shame it was a Cave Bear. RIP little fella. I cast his body off a nearby waterfall and watched him drift away in the current below.

I had Sven as my follower but midway through a Companions quest tonight he left me as one of them joined me. I'm guessing he will be back where I originally found him, yet I doubt he will still have all the gear I gave to him...

Anyway, just ended another epic session and I'm level 28 now. I've crafted the full set of Dragonplate armour and am now going around in that. I've now got around 200 magicka, 220 health and 140 stamina (or something like that). I'm still trying to keep my options open as I still like to throw fireballs sometimes. Plus healing spells are always useful.

I'm an Imperial by the way and the reason for choosing that race intially was due to the fact that they are quite good on various fronts. Hopefully my spec will be fine as the levels increase and such.

The game really is beautiful, as some of you have been showing with the images. I think I'm going to continue with the main quest the next time I play as I have only done seven early quests in it, which appears to be only the beginning.

I had Sven as my follower but midway through a Companions quest tonight he left me as one of them joined me. I'm guessing he will be back where I originally found him, yet I doubt he will still have all the gear I gave to him...

If it is Sven then he will probably have taken the managers job at some Championship side with more money than sense. I wouldnt worry about it too much though, in three months he will have slept with the chief executives wife and got the sack with a very generous compensation package. He will be available again by the spring, if you want him that is.

Hey can someone help me out? I just started and I got to riverwood to speak to Alvor about what I should do. I went into his house and his wife starts attack me then Alvor starts attacking me as well. It keeps happening no matter what I do. I need to speak to him! What should I do?! It says only this happens when I attack their son, but I never got near him! I have been trying to talk to him for an hour.

You've done something to piss him off whether you're aware of it or not. Stolen something from his shop without realising maybe?

Try talking to a guard to see if you have any fines to pay. Or even just start again, you're not too far away from the beginning of the game.

Companions aren't immortal. I'm afraid your Lydia is dead from the sounds of it. My Lydia is dead too, I barely got to know her :( As for the Mage guy, unless you get a speech option asking him to follow you, it isn't possible for him to become one of your companions.

I bought a dog earlier. Keen to please his new master, the tough little bugger had a go at the first enemy we stumbled across. Shame it was a Cave Bear. RIP little fella. I cast his body off a nearby waterfall and watched him drift away in the current below.

She must be alive because otherwise I could get someone else to follow me. I can get the Mage to follow me but when I ask him he says "looks like you've already got someone"

She is probably in one of the four caves I went in before dawn star.

Try fast traveling somewhere

tried that

tried saving and turning xbox on and off

tried sleeping for 24 hours

apparently I have just read there are quests in Whiterun (champions or someting) where you HAVE to have one of them on your quest and forces the other person to leave your side.

If I do one of those it should reset.

Is that Mage Erandur? He will follow you and he rocks. Great descrution magic, more chatty than Lydia and is cockney like the shopkeeper in resident evil 4.

yeah he helps you with Dawnstar quest where everyone is having nightmares (awesome quest that was).

I want him to help me as I am getting pretty immense with destruction and one handed.

only giants seem to be able to stop me at the moment, everything else is getting BOOMED

I cast his body off a nearby waterfall and watched him drift away in the current below.

Ohhh I love doing this. I was near the village next to a waterfall the other day - the name escapes me, it's got a bridge with an old manky house on the other side of the river - and offed a bear. Slowly dragged his carcass to the cliff edge and shoved his, and watched with glee as it approached the edge of the fall. Only for his fat ass to get stuck on some rocks. I couldnt leave it like that, could I? So I hopped down, and tried to drag it off the rocks and down the waterfall. Ended up falling and died :( Even in death, the bear had defeated me. Karma.

I also love that area with a HUGE waterfall and fallen tree across the top of it, with a bandit sitting right in the middle. So you cross, and HAVE to fight. Same thing again really, she fell after I killed her, but then I fell off aswell :lol:

I've now got around 200 magicka, 220 health and 140 stamina (or something like that)

Bloody hell that stamina is low. Mine is at 250 now, but then again I don't use any magic so never spend my level ups on magicka. That can wait till another playthrough. So handy when to be able to carry a whole ton of stuff around with you, especially as I found a handy charmed necklace that increases my limit by another 25, so I can carry ~400 now :D

Hit level 35 last night. Absolutely love this game. 49 hours sunk in so far.

39 dungeons/caves cleared, 59 misc quests completed, 11 side quests completed, 3 Daedric Quests completed, I finished the Civil War quest the other day and I've just started the Mage College.

Barely touched the main quest apart from getting to the top and meeting the Grey Beards.

Also rocking a fully upgraded Legendary Dragon Scale armour set with 2x Legendary Ebony swords (1 with soul trap and 1 with 10points of flame damage)

P5lDcl.jpg

Stats time:

Name: Radion Automatic

Race: Dark Elf

Class: Mage

Level: 19

Magicka: 283*

Health: 160

Stamina: 100

Destruction: 56

Sneak: 46

Enchanting: 42

Restoration: 53

Conjouring: 35

Archery: 15

My companion is Brelyna Maryon, a conjurer/destruction Mage from the Mage College. **** knows what has happened to my Archery, I guess I am suffering from a curse or disease or something. Ill go fix that later. My play style was initially to sneak around dungeons, get the opening shot with a bow and arrow and then hose the target down with frost of fire spells. As I have levelled up, gained more spells and a companion stealth has gone out of the window somewhat as we just launch big bombs at whatever is in the way. Stuff can die very quickly before it has a chance to get within 50 yards of us. It is a lot of fun. :)

*with current gear. I am experimenting whether 8% cheaper spell casts is better than +50 Magicka or not. I can go to 333 Magicka with a change of necklace.

Â