• Downing
    • A Young
    • Ireland
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Sidwell (for Petrov 39)
    • Albrighton (for Ireland 55)

One positive - good performance from Beye. Nice to know we can rely on him after all.

Ireland doesn't seem to have any understanding with his new team mates yet, and we lacked any sort of cutting edge up front again.

Dunne was absolutely shocking once again. He must be dropped for a game or two. If he's carrying an injury get it sorted! If he's not, get whatever is up with him sorted. Wasn't just the own goal today - he looked absolutely terrified every time the ball came near him.

I wasn't expecting much from this game to be honest, but I am starting to get slightly worried about how we're sliding down the table now, and not sure Houllier has what he needs to work with. MON liked to work with a small squad it seems, Houllier likes to be able to change things around if they're not working. At the moment he just can't do that. January could be interesting, but I am expecting a major overhaul in the summer.

Under O'Neill we would always come from behind. we've lost that steel.

Always?

Rubbish.

Yes - we have certainly lost the steel that we had under MON. Despite some decent football - we are a very easy team to beat. - Almost a soft touch. I fear the worst when we come up against the cloggers from St Andrews.

Was a bad match i agree.. i really hope we win in the league Cup match against burnley that's the only thing stopping me from going insane (staying in the cup competition)

We really need a top striker like REALLY need it now.

It's October. We've got 3 more months of not scoring to suffer through.

It's a shame Ireland hasn't provided much to the side.

Shame Dunne is woefully out of form.

Shame we're gonna end up mid table.

Wish that Halsey would just **** off, coming back from his cancer and screwing around with yet another of our games. Everytime a Villa player made a tackle it was a foul, yet the Sunderland players were free to do anything and execute wrestling moves and get away with it.

Ireland was practically invisible once again. The turning point was when he was substituted off and from there on that's when we really dominated the game.

Always?

Rubbish.

Yes - we have certainly lost the steel that we had under MON. Despite some decent football - we are a very easy team to beat. - Almost a soft touch. I fear the worst when we come up against the cloggers from St Andrews.

We always came from behind though, like was originally said?

Jesus why didn't we win the league?

**** sake, why is Dunne still playing.

I've been expressing this opinion since the Newcastle game. He's been terrible all season and the same for the Irish. This happened at Man City when his form went completely tits up for no reason. It's gotta be Collins and either Clarke/Cuellar pairing from now on in.

On the bright side our new system of play is very pleasing IMO and NRC is in the form of his career at this moment. Will be very exciting when Delph comes back as I feel this will be the new midfield paring from next season on.

Houllier is no mug and I'd bet my arsehole to a Kings Cross kerb crawler his No1 priority is a Centre Forward as we can't possibly compete for a top 6 spot with the current crop up front.

I'm really optimistic tho and think once Houllier has established his best 11 and signed a CF we'll be very competitive.

Always?

Rubbish.

Like last week?

Not long back.

I'm not sure what to make of what Houllier is trying to do. First half in the main we were crap as we were **** about with passing the ball it seemed for passings sake. Second half the lads seemed to do what they do best and we got the ball forward much quicker and looked far more dangerous and had one great chance and a few half chances.

As for individual performances. Ireland wasn't in the game at all, Ash was wasteful a number of times both in play and from free kicks and corners. Thought Reo Coker put himself about well and drove us forward but his passing was more miss than hit. Heskey did well again and bought others in to the game and put himself about.

We need to continue to do what we did for the last 30 mins today. Up the tempo and get the ball forward quickly instead of pissing about with sideways and backwards passing for the sake of it.

Always?

Rubbish.

Like last week?

I was just about to mention that. If we can match and almost beat Chelsea at home we can quite easily beat SHA. Yes, I know Chelsea were missing some key players but they're still 5 times better than SHA. We often seem easy to beat away - at home we've been solid.

Â