Match Thread: DO NOT ASK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

its surprising that so many people are not overly confident seeing as we are a better side, with better recent league finishes and a great recent record up there - that said, i'd take a point!

its good to feel like we will go there to try for the win and settle for a draw though rather than going for a draw and trying to nick a win as it has been generally in the last few seasons away from home (albeit quite successfully)

I don't think Sunderland will score personally. There were one or two encouraging periods of the Chelsea game that convinced me that GH's methods will pay serious dividends before too long. Sunderland are a game side these days and I always wished we had signed Bent, but I can't see us getting beat today.

At a stretch I'll take a draw, but it really would'nt surprise me if the Hesk does it again!

Even though Sunderland are a transformed team at home, I think that i'll feel disappointed if we don't win today considering how terrible they looked on Monday night. Bent will almost definitely score though. I'm going for 1-2.

I'd have to say, I know nothing about Mignolet and Elmohamady.

A bit worried that Onuoha and Bramble will negate Heskey's physicality and leave us a little short - but positive that they might struggle if we can get a bit of movement going with Ireland and Young.

Cattermole plus Ashley Young = red card.

Aston Villa: Friedel, Warnock, Dunne, Downing, Young, Ireland, Heskey, Petrov ©, Reo-Coker, Beye, Collins.

Subs: Guzan, Sidwell, Carew, Albrighton, Clark, Cuellar, Bannan.

That's a strong bench there, when you think we have Gabby and L. Young to come back from injury as well as Delph long term then we have far more strength in depth this season.