• Downing
    • A Young
    • Ireland
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Agbbonlahor
    • Cuellar (for Dune 46)
    • Carew (for Ireland 72)

Anyone not looking forward to Houllier now? First 20 mins we looked like Barcelona, after that we were pants. Quite why K-Mac insists on switching Albrighton and Downing in the 2nd half of games is beyond me, and playing Ireland so deep defeats the object of playing him at all.

Leaving us with one central midfielder in an attempt to win the game was always going to have the opposite effect - making us have to defend more rather than attack more.

Set the team up well apart from Ireland but once the tactics needed changing K-Mac was again left wanting. Bring on the future...

We couldn't take control of the game with such a light weight midfield in the second half.

:lol: our lineup after Carew came on reminded me of Argentina at the WC :D 5 attacking players (doing **** all) and one CM.

We are a team totally bereft of ideas, who have been floundering under a caretaker manager hopelessly out of his depth.

Hopefully now with a proper manager we can see some improvement as:

there are at least 7 players in that team who are just going through the motions.

Once again we just couldn't deal with a physical team

our midfield was both overrun and second to every ball.

We weren't creating chances and there was no guile from our supposed "attacking" players

At least 4 of our players look unfit, which is unacceptable in mid-September

Set piece routines (apart from Ashley Young who is our only quality player) are predictable and weak

The defence as a whole is a royal shambles

So not a very good day. Glad I didn't go, waste of money. Here's to Houllier sorting it out, if I were him I'd be marching down to that dressing room right now and giving those clowns the hairdryer treatment.

We are a team totally bereft of ideas, who have been floundering under a caretaker manager hopelessly out of his depth.

Hopefully now with a proper manager we can see some improvement as:

there are at least 7 players in that team who are just going through the motions.

Once again we just couldn't deal with a physical team

our midfield was both overrun and second to every ball.

We weren't creating chances and there was no guile from our supposed "attacking" players

At least 4 of our players look unfit, which is unacceptable in mid-September

Set piece routines (apart from Ashley Young who is our only quality player) are predictable and weak

The defence as a whole is a royal shambles

So not a very good day. Glad I didn't go, waste of money. Here's to Houllier sorting it out, if I were him I'd be marching down to that dressing room right now and giving those clowns the hairdryer treatment.

Defensively i think we are regressing back to the days when DOL was in charge inconsistant and error prone

I think some people are overreacting a little bit. The season is still young and we've been under a poor caretaker manager for the first 5 games. No reason why we can't get top 7.

its not so much over reaction its more dissapointment we have gone from top 6 finishes to watching our side being demolished by teams such as Newcastle and struggling against Bolton...

No reason why we can't get top 7.

agree, saying we will be lucky to get top 12 is a bit of an overreaction IMO, everton are really struggling again but this time without injuries, liverpool look piss poor, blues lost badly today and the likes of newcastle, blackpool sunderland? seriously?

im still confident of us getting 2 games in europe again next year

I left the match with 30 mins still on the clock couldnt sit there watching that utter drivel we were awful no cohesion whatsoever we were lucky to draw 1 - 1 i think Midtable is the best we can hope for people are talking about us finishing in the top 6 i cant see us finishing in the top 8... Ashley Young is clearly our best player but when he's shut out the game we offer hardly anything other than a lacking match practice Stephen Ireland. Downing looks like he's retreated back into his shell again backing out of tackles left right and centre no bottle.

I'm not sure what is before disgraceful, the 2nd half of the match or this fookin guy leaving 30 minutes from time. Wait, nevermind, I DO know what is more disgraceful.

I left the match with 30 mins still on the clock couldnt sit there watching that utter drivel we were awful no cohesion whatsoever we were lucky to draw 1 - 1 i think Midtable is the best we can hope for people are talking about us finishing in the top 6 i cant see us finishing in the top 8... Ashley Young is clearly our best player but when he's shut out the game we offer hardly anything other than a lacking match practice Stephen Ireland. Downing looks like he's retreated back into his shell again backing out of tackles left right and centre no bottle.

I'm not sure what is before disgraceful, the 2nd half of the match or this fookin guy leaving 30 minutes from time. Wait, nevermind, I DO know what is more disgraceful.

He pays his money, he can do what he wants.

I think some people are overreacting a little bit. The season is still young and we've been under a poor caretaker manager for the first 5 games. No reason why we can't get top 7.

its not so much over reaction its more dissapointment we have gone from top 6 finishes to watching our side being demolished by teams such as Newcastle and struggling against Bolton...

It is an overreaction. We haven't suddenly gone from a top 6 side to an average side. We lost our manager 5 days before the start of the season and it's only now that a proper manager will be able to take over.

I pay for my season ticket which gives me the right to leave whenever i choose id rather go home out the rain and cold and watch an episode of diagnosis murder or songs of praise than the shite that was served up in the second half

Thank God Mac's reign is over now and Houllier can come in and sort us out, because we are capable but we are clearly lacking a leader, as Mac clearly wasn't seen as this, now with Houllier he can come in and kick some arse's into shape. Not enough points on the board considering the teams we've played at the start of the season.

I still think we can still finish top 7 definitely as the season has only just started, but hopefully GH can see our weaknesses sort us out and push us forward. Welcome Mr H. You will need to earn your money getting us playing as we can, much better than today.

What faithful supporters we have.

For someone that has spent well over $3000 in travel and match tickets to watch the Villa I find it pretty embarrassing you can't finish a match. I can only guess what you will do when we go behind when Utd or Chelsea score in the first 15 minutes. (Touch wood.)

Big Brad and Luke Young are the only Villa players who can be satisfied with their performances today..oh and Collins wasn't too bad but just wish he'd stop hoofing it!! We were alright first half but when Ireland was replaced we lost creativity and midfield was overrun again. Gabby looks very rusty. Downing held his leg after every half tackle, Warnock is getting worse as the season progresses, Dunne is not up to it at the moment, poor Ashley Young ran and ran but to no avail....

Houllier can't start soon enough for me. Perhaps the players will settle now that we have a proper manager. There's a lot of work to be done but I think we have the makings of a good side and hoppefully Houllier can sort them out.

Â