• Downing
    • A Young
    • Ireland
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Agbbonlahor
    • Cuellar (for Dune 46)
    • Carew (for Ireland 72)

I agree, Gabby could play that hold up player superbly. However, if he does, you need a goalscorer alongside him, as at the moment, te system is ruining Gabby !.

That goalscorer is Stephen Ireland. If we start playing him in the second striker role.

I thought that Friedel, Collins, Albrighton, Ash Young all did ok yesterday. Dunne looked tired, injured before the game started. Kev Mack screwed up when he took Ireland off. I'd have taken Downing off and moved Young to the left with MA on the right. Carew livened things up but that was probably because GH was watching the game. Crap game, poor performance, shite referee.

Their ginger keeper was good. When I saw him in goal, I thought, 'he can't be too clever, Bolton back up and ginger' but he was a pretty solid keeper.

Such a gay hair cut though, if your ginger, just get a skinhead to limit damage.

I could not decide whether their keeper had deliberately chosen a shirt colour to match his ginger locks or whether he had made a dreadful fashion faux pas and they clashed appallingly.

Maybe a poll on VT would be a good idea.......

There was so many things that KMac did wrong today and it's so frustrating as Bolton were there for the taking if we wanted to.

First of all, why play an obviously injured Dunne? He was shit and always was going to be if he's injured, just rest him and it will not only help him get a rest, but it will mean that the team improves as well. Really not hard.

Dropping NRC? WTF is he thinking?

He was pivotal in all the good things that came out of the Stoke game yet we drop him?

playing Ireland in a 4-4-2.

Not subbing Albrighton or Petrov earlier than he did.

Not make Young target Steinsson, as Steinsson is **** shit!

Get Gabby to roam around the defence so that he's not constantly being man-handled by Knight.

The list could go on and on and it is no coincidence whatsoever that all the games NRC has played, we have either won or had a good performance and all of the games NRC hasn't played, we have either lost or played shit.

Hopefully this will help convince fans that NRC is crucial to Villa. And we also need to play him to convince him to agree to a new contract. We don't want him to leave on a free do we?

I pretty much agree with those sentiments. My overall view of KM is nice bloke but very clearly out of his depth. With MON you always had the impression that he had his tactical view and it was both inflexible and right, at least in his opinion. With KM you get the impression its completely hit and miss. WHU was perfect, yesterday it was utterly wrong.

As a manager you have to decide how to play a side and the tactics you will employ. If that does not work you have to adapt as Bolton clearly did to our game.

I expected big changes from us in the second half but all we got was more of the same and we then had a baffling change of formation when Carew came on - almost on a par with MON.

Given the way Knight was allowed to foul at will I would have (and I don't believe I'm about to say this!) brought on Heskey as well as Carew and gone a straight 4-4-2 giving a big physical presence up front. Gabby would have come off along with Albrighton with Young going out to the right.

Had we not had to substitute Dunne I would have stuck NRC on instead of either Ireland or Petrov. Not pretty but given the way Bolton wanted to play it the best tactics.

OK I'm just another fan who sits in the stands and thinks he knows better. What worried me about KM is that quite a few of us probably do know better!

A few people mentioned that Warnock had a great match.

Maybe I was watching a different match, but Warnock was exposed and played poorly. It looked like after he picked up a knock, he always does, he couldnt get forward and couldn't defend well.

Oh and he got done on the Bolton goal.

Speaking of the Bolton goal, did anyone else see Downing just moping around? Warnock gets beaten and Downing should be hustling back to cover for him. Nada. Downing defends like he's a striker. Shocking match from him.

Collins was huge and so was Friedel. Why the F was Dunne starting?

Cuellar played well and showed some hustle. He even got forward and put that cross into the box that Gabby so poorly knocked out for a goal kick.

Ashley Young isn't a AMF or second striker. He's a winger......sooo frustrating.

We were lucky to get a point.

A few people mentioned that Warnock had a great match.

Maybe I was watching a different match, but Warnock was exposed and played poorly. It looked like after he picked up a knock, he always does, he couldnt get forward and couldn't defend well.

Oh and he got done on the Bolton goal.

Speaking of the Bolton goal, did anyone else see Downing just moping around? Warnock gets beaten and Downing should be hustling back to cover for him. Nada. Downing defends like he's a striker. Shocking match from him.

Collins was huge and so was Friedel. Why the F was Dunne starting?

Cuellar played well and showed some hustle. He even got forward and put that cross into the box that Gabby so poorly knocked out for a goal kick.

Ashley Young isn't a AMF or second striker. He's a winger......sooo frustrating.

We were lucky to get a point.

I thought Warnock did ok actually. He made a few errors but he put in some good tackles as well and even won his fair share of headers against a very physical side. He got done for the goal yes, but Richard Dunne and Luke Young were all partly at fault also, so it's unfair I think to lay all the blame with Warnock.

Cuellar for Dunne was probably the best thing KMAC has ever done at half time for us, during his time as CM.

Ash scored a peach of a free kick but generally looked poor.

Downing and Albrighton were lively and both were our main threats.

Petrov had to babysit Ireland and looked bad because he had to do half of Ireland's job as well as his own.

Not an inspiring performance and it's a game we should've won. It's funny because you look at the games we've played and what has transpired and we should have won all of them. Mostly through lack of guidance and concentration. I think that Houllier and GM have got some work to do but we have a good core for them to build on.

Well that was a terrible game and we were lucky to get a point.

My first observation would be that Ireland and Petrov does not work in the middle. NRC isn't a great player, maybe not even a good player but at least he would put himself about a bit. Ireland should be playing further forward in a position he is used to. He rarely got in the final third but when he did he produced a bit of class and almost crafted a goal.

We played too much shit long ball up to Gabby who must have been extremely frustrated at the service he got yesterday. We were fine first ten minutes but then decided to stop playing with any width and just lumped it. Albrighton was tearing them up first ten minutes (especially Robinson).

I thought Downing wasn't too bad yesterday, one of our better players. Friedel showed again why he is a top class keeper.

Friedel brilliant, and some good blocks by Luke. I'm continuing to be very frustrated with the way Warnock is just diving in to tackles, particularly in the box. Would have hoped he would have learned from his massive and costly mistake at Mancity late last season. Obviously not though, which is a continuing concern

first match since the 2-2 stoke debacle 18 months ago.

I was excited walking up to the ground, excited as I sat down behind the north stand goal, and delighted when Young scored to make it 1-0.

Thereafter a miserable disaster of an afternoon. The lack of energy and tactical nous was shocking and the game was utterly predictable once the pattern emerged. We sit back, Bolton put us under pressure, we pass like fuckwits and just hope young or albrighton can "do something".

Friedel - 8 couple of key saves second half earned us a point

warnock 6 - generally ok I thought, didn't see the penalty debate though

collins 8 - best defender today

dunne 6 ( cuellar 7 )

l young 7 provided decent support on the right

albrighton 6 - first half great, second half completely faded. Why did he switch wings?

downing - 6 generally not too bad

petrov 6 some useful runs

ireland 5 - one run apart barely noticed him

young a 8 - our only class player - great free kick

gabby 5 - struggled all day - shit service really

carew - 4 - didn't offer anything

KM - 3 - final game in charge and that was an awful way to end, wrong line up poor tactics and pointless substitutions. Stick with the reserves Kevin, you ain't no manager.

Mike Dean - 1 - truly abysmal officiating.

Â