Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KMac rejected opportunity for AM so whose Boss on Monday?

He specifically said that KMac would be in charge of matters until he can take over properly.

I don't think there's anything underhand going on ...the guy honours his committments....along the same lines as a few manager's who couldn't take the reins at B6 because of their current positions.

We can't respect someone for being conscientous on the one hand & then call GH for doing the right thing on the other surely?

The appointment is ok. Who cares whether he's here for some games ?

What puzzles me is why we areall accepting this season as one of transition. We were almost there last year, and have only lost 1 player. Add to that how crap some thought MON was presumably these people think we should get top 4 this year? So why the sudden outbreak of cries for patience ? And suddenly let the 5 year plan become an 8 year plan ?

We have to equal previous years as a minimum else we are going backwards, and at the wrong time. As it happens I see no reason why Houllier can't get us at least 6th, I'm sure MON would have progressed from last year.

Totally agree.

And Houllier has stated that we are capable of qualifying for europe this season.

"Maybe not top four just yet, but we will see how high we can finish"

Not his exact words, but along those lines.

The appointment is ok. Who cares whether he's here for some games ?

What puzzles me is why we areall accepting this season as one of transition. We were almost there last year, and have only lost 1 player. Add to that how crap some thought MON was presumably these people think we should get top 4 this year? So why the sudden outbreak of cries for patience ? And suddenly let the 5 year plan become an 8 year plan ?

We have to equal previous years as a minimum else we are going backwards, and at the wrong time. As it happens I see no reason why Houllier can't get us at least 6th, I'm sure MON would have progressed from last year.

I doubt MON would have progressed given his lack of rotation.

We also need patience because we have a lost a player in Milner which means the whole team needs to re-adjust. The teams above us (and below) have also improved while we have not.

That's why we need patience.

Anyway the impatience on this board is **** pathetic. He's here for three years, I think we'll **** survive until the Bolton game.
Would largely be my take on it :lol:

Think its more just frustration. As a club we always seem to have to wait. Im usually pretty tolerant, but this summer has been a bit of a joke tbh.

Just watched the Press Conference in full; very impressive.

Où est?

I watched it live on the BBC website. I agree, he was very impressive in what he said, I am disappointed with the situation that sees him not taking control for two games at least, though. I hope it doesn't go on for much longer as it has the potential to turn into a farce and a poor start could mean this puts extra pressure on him.

Also had some very barbed questions about fans, including one having a bit of a go at him for mentioning he's never lost at Villa Park, and how that wouldn't win around the fans, which, to be honest, is **** pathetic.

Just heard on Talkshite, the worst case scenario is he may not be able to take charge for 3 months!

That would be an utter piss take!!

But it's not going to happen....

You say about us having to always wait.

Well in order to get Houllier, we have to wait a week it seems.

Are you saying, we should appoint someone else because someone can't manage the club for a week out of 3 years? :lol:

Just watched the Press Conference in full; very impressive.

Où est?

Ah sorry. Probably worded that incorrectly. I set my SKY to record at 2pm. So just watched what they showed. First 10mins of the conference.

Â