Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

Houllier impressed with Ambition, wonder what Richard will say.
????

Because Houllier has said he is impressed with one of our players you think I'd make a comment? and that what I said is of so much import ?

I am flattered

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ask this question as I genuinely do not know the answer but are we compensating the FFF for Houllier at all? I read the comments about him being under contract and that contract still running etc etc etc, but are we not compensating them for him leaving them and ending his contract as we would with any other manager who was employed? Surely if we were then his contract would not still be running and he would be able to attend our matches?

I'm not sure anyone other than an AVFC or FFF insider could accurately answer that Richard. It could be any number of different combinations of time off, expiration & compensation and everything in between.

Just seems a bit strange that when you employ someone you let them carry on bits of their contract that they have effectively just broken anyway by agreeing to work for you and as a result of that breaking of terms compensation is usually paid

The way I see it is this-

He will not 'officially' take charge til at the earliest the Bolton game. However, You can guarantee he is involved in everything from now on as much as he possibly can in the build up to Monday, let alone the Bolton game. If he has spoken to Kevin as he has done already then I would assume that he has very much spoken in depth about how he wants the team set up for Monday and definitely for next weeks game. Yes it's annoying and niggling that he's not in full charge yet, but sometimes you gotta take it on the chin in the short term to made strides long term.

I am confident that he'll do Villa a good service. Welcome Gerard.

It's certainly not a typical situation you're right. I'm sure they worked out something that would satisfy all parties. Perhaps Villa had to yield to some kind of requests in order for the FFF to allow them to get their man in the first place. We were, after all, taking someone who was employed elsewhere.

Anyway the impatience on this board is **** pathetic. He's here for three years, I think we'll **** survive until the Bolton game.
Would largely be my take on it :lol:

I would say giving the FFF time to find a suitable replacement is part of that process - not leaving them high & dry while they try to convince Domenech to put some pants on and come in for an interview.

When you leave most office type jobs you have to give them 1 months notice, I'm sure it's something like that anyway.

He isn't leaving one club to go to another club, he is leaving the FFF and I would assume he wouldn't want to just leave them high and dry, I would assume he wouldn't just up and leave without it being on good terms.

It's certainly not a typical situation you're right. I'm sure they worked out something that would satisfy all parties. Perhaps Villa had to yield to some kind of requests in order for the FFF to allow them to get their man in the first place. We were, after all, taking someone who was employed elsewhere.

I think he gets on very well with his employers at the FFF. I think they are happy for Houllier to take the Villa job, and he is happy to attend the pre arranged meeting on their behalf.

I think its as simple as that.

I thought he handled the PC rather well, completely different style to an O'Neill PC but nevertheless came across

as more open & a bit more of a team player.

Funny when he questioned Pete Colley about being a Sky interview or a PC!

Nice that our ambitions haven't changed...it's just MON has caused a bit of a hiccup.

Let's hope he walks the walk...not just talks the talk!

Much happier about things than when I read the piece in the Mail.

The appointment is ok. Who cares whether he's here for some games ?

What puzzles me is why we areall accepting this season as one of transition. We were almost there last year, and have only lost 1 player. Add to that how crap some thought MON was presumably these people think we should get top 4 this year? So why the sudden outbreak of cries for patience ? And suddenly let the 5 year plan become an 8 year plan ?

We have to equal previous years as a minimum else we are going backwards, and at the wrong time. As it happens I see no reason why Houllier can't get us at least 6th, I'm sure MON would have progressed from last year.

Too bad about the Stoke game. I wanted Houllier to inherit a 4th in the table Aston Villa squad for the Stoke game and never relinquish that spot. 8) I do hope the boys are highly motivated on Monday so that they can pull in all 3 points and up the their goal differential and remain a leader in the Premiership. When Houllier does officially take the reigns having the squad in a top of the table position even at this early stage will do wonders for the transition and boost morale, spirit, desire and ambition all the way around.

Â