Match thread

limpid

It's funny - I almost never think it's a handball. We always claim for handballs as a crowd or whatever and I'm thinking 'take the claret specs off!' but when it happened to us you all thought it was still a pen so I guess it isn't bias. Never, for me. Unless the guy is looking at the ball or has his arm out I just don't see how you can give it.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downing is playing a blinder.

Best ive seen him play in a Villa shirt .

He was excellent against West Ham too

It looks like he's really starting to settle into the side - which a lot of the non-mongs said that he would following a full pre-season.

If he keeps this up, we'll be sitting pretty.

Can't understand why Downing can't play like that EVERY week.....great touch. Stoke, tbh, did'nt know which way to turn at the end of the half and if we had a bit of luck we'd have killed it off by now. They're a huge team, but they're getting turned inside out by some fantastic wing play. Awesome!

Well from the intermittent highlights I've seen on UStream and Veetle streams, we've looked pretty shaky at the back and probably should have conceded a penalty. That Ashley Young miss could be crucial- I hope we can build on the lead second half, rather than sit back and let them come at us.

WDFAFC!

what ??

We do **** all from corners.

Why play it short there with seconds left....should've just banged it into the box....

Well they just worked a short corner really successfully, they have 8/9 player 6 foot plus. We have 3/4.....considering they are playing, I doubt they were really concentrating on the time or usually if the time is shown in the stadium it stops at 45.00......so they probably didn't know.

Downing is playing a blinder.

Best ive seen him play in a Villa shirt .

He was excellent against West Ham too

It looks like he's really starting to settle into the side - which a lot of the non-mongs said that he would following a full pre-season.

If he keeps this up, we'll be sitting pretty.

Exactly, look how Milner did in his second season. 12mil wouldn't have been spent on Downing while injured if he didn't have talent. He clearly does. 2 of 4 Prem games he's played very well now and we can all forgive the Newcastle one where all the team were shocking.