Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie Adam was right to snub Tottenham for Liverpool because he will rip the premier league up with maxi Rodriguez,Gerrard and Raul Meireles supplying to Andy Carrol and Luis Suarez. I honestly cant see how stephen ireland will be a better player than Adam purely because of his work-rate. 9m was a bargain for Adam and i thought our 6m for ireland was a bargain but that turned out wrong.. :s. Isn't Ireland on something like 85k a week wages?? If hes going to become a better player than Adam he seriously has to pull his socks up and start playing like he did with robinho and them etc at city.

If Ireland can get to grips with Bent's movement and can link up with him like he did Robinho then he can be very dangerous again.

Ireland was poor when he first moved to us, yes.. but he didn't have anyone in front of him with the ability to create space like Bent can. His through balls could be excellent, it just depends whether those 2 can develop an understanding.

I am a Villa fan that will give Ireland a chance and support him from the off

1. Firstly, last season was always gonna be hard for him when he hadn't played consistently in so long (you can't train for match sharpness, only way you can is by playing game after game)

2. His confidence was shot to pieces by a manager (who yes probs would never have bought him) ridiculing him in the media saying he has to train harder etc etc. Put yourself in his shoes, if you **** up at work, would you appreciate your manager sending an email around your company saying you weren't doing enough? No matter how well paid someone is, you can still have your confidence shot to pieces

3. I truly believe that the player he was at citeh can be brought out by a manager who is willing to give him a chance, give him the confidence he needs to perform the level he did.

4. An example of the top of my head is Gareth Bale. Was great at saints went to spurs and played 40+ games for spurs in which they won none of the them. Manager told him behind the scenes what he needed to sort such as his attitude and his game out, now look him - a class player. I am not saying Ireland is as good as Bale, just an example of how you shouldn't give up on a player who has shown glimpses of what he can offer.

I am a Villa fan that will give Ireland a chance and support him from the off

1. Firstly, last season was always gonna be hard for him when he hadn't played consistently in so long (you can't train for match sharpness, only way you can is by playing game after game)

2. His confidence was shot to pieces by a manager (who yes probs would never have bought him) ridiculing him in the media saying he has to train harder etc etc. Put yourself in your shoes, if you **** up at work, would you appreciate your manager sending an email around your company saying you weren't doing enough? No matter how well paid someone is, you can still have your confidence shot to pieces

3. I truly believe that the player he was at citeh can be brought out by a manager who is willing to give him a chance, give him the confidence he needs to perform the level he did.

4. An example of the top of my head is Gareth Bale. Was great at saints went to spurs and played 40+ games for spurs in which they won none of the them. Manager told him behind the scenes what he needed to sort his attitude n game out, now look him - a class player. I am not saying Ireland is as good as Bale, just an example of how you shouldn't give up on a player who has shown glimpses of what he can offer.

Wow what an intelligent post! but agree with all of this and believe irleand behind bent can only be agood thing. Stevie has a football brin and wen he spots Dazza's runs its gonna be..... POW

Charlie Adam was right to snub Tottenham for Liverpool because he will rip the premier league up with maxi Rodriguez,Gerrard and Raul Meireles supplying to Andy Carrol and Luis Suarez

charlie adam will be a full time bench warmer by christmas, and sold by next summer

he's gonna be a complete flop there

ha pool will be challenegers next season..... Lucas, Gerrard, Adam, Aquilani, Henderson, Meireles(possibly) wow

thats a central midfield

im not sure if youre being sarcastic or not

i hope you are

U would swap that central midfield for ours?

depends who we bring in

gerrards knees are gone, he wont play more than 20 games for them

adam will flop because hes only ever shone in a team build entirely around him, he even looked dodgy in scotland. steve sidwell mk 2

henderson has shown NOTHING to suggest he's a £1.6m player never mind a £16m one. again, like adam i wouldnt expect him to be anywhere other than the bench next season

acqualani will be off

meireles will be off

lucas is turd

ha pool will be challenegers next season..... Lucas, Gerrard, Adam, Aquilani, Henderson, Meireles(possibly) wow

thats a central midfield

Lucas (turd), Gerrard (crocked), Adam (not too sure), Aquilani (turd), Henderson (massively over rated), Meireles (their best cm last year). If Gerrard isn't fit there midfield isn't all that great imo.

Lucas is definitely not a turd, he was superb last season.

Anyway on Ireland, I see that many of you guys have him playing in the hole, but that's not his best position. He was good at city when he played in a 4-3-3 in a role similar to lampard at chelsea or like delph did in our last 2 games. He works well there because his job is to look for early balls to the wide players then timing his runs into the box or working the space at the edge of the box.

I think a problem has been that people expect him to play in a more advance role when that isn't his game.

Sorry pal, can you please direct me to some posts where you anything expect have negative things to say about Villa?

Do you have anything to contribue at all or are you just a negative person?

Are you related to steakandchips?

Again, post on poster. Try having an opinion on the team.