Stephen Ireland

Richard

cause he was fat when he joined, and suddenly ReoCoker has found a bit of form, and We need ReoCoker to cover for Petrov who is in terms of the team a dead weight.

Ireland will need to show a certain amount of fight and willingness to get involved in a Midfield fight if he wants to get picked. Ashley Young seems to have cemmented Irelands favoured role.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not an expert on these things and im sure somebody on here will know more, but he was the only player doing his warm ups during the match, whom was wearing track suit bottoms...

Correct me if im wrong, but does wearing them keep the hamstrings from hardening?

I think his lack of match time at Man city may be catching up with him, hence why we are using him sparingly, protecting his hamstrings in the process.

I dont think we are going to see him at his best until after xmas. Just my thoughts though.

young is better than ireland it will take a lot of hard work to displace him

cheers for the info

But Ireland's probably better than Albrighton who, when he's run out of steam, will possibly be dropped to the bench to allow Ash and Downing to go to the wings with Ireland behind the striker.

Also there was the fact that he was injured before he was meant to play against Everton. Otherwise he'd have played more minutes than he has.

I agree with you Rob, Albrighton has done nothing wrong, performed well and deserves him place, but once he need a rest, Ireland will be straight in and hopefully by that time will have built up a bit of match fitness and sharpness.

I expect to see Ireland given a role in the cup games.

cause he was fat when he joined, and suddenly ReoCoker has found a bit of form, and We need ReoCoker to cover for Petrov who is in terms of the team a dead weight.

Ireland will need to show a certain amount of fight and willingness to get involved in a Midfield fight if he wants to get picked. Ashley Young seems to have cemmented Irelands favoured role.

Stephen Ireland fat? um, no!

He's a bloody fitness freak.

I agree with you Rob, Albrighton has done nothing wrong, performed well and deserves him place, but once he need a rest, Ireland will be straight in and hopefully by that time will have built up a bit of match fitness and sharpness.

I expect to see Ireland given a role in the cup games.

Same here. The good thing about having Alrighton step up is that he seems like a whole new player.

It's finally giving us a few options instead of knowing who our 11 will be every weekend.

If Ireland's on the bench then it either means that others are doing well to keep him out or he's not fully match fit.

I believe Ireland would have replaced Petrov by Christmas if not sooner. Dropping Albrighton will limit our options where Ireland I believe in time will do more than Petrov is offeriing.

They play different positions

Ireland is one of the fittest footballers at the club he is a fitness freak!

Ireland's best position is playing in the hole, where Ashley is playing now. Our only option is to drop Albrighton and put Ashley out right!

I think that the formation we are playing isnt exactly suited to the midfielders we have, both Reo and Petrov are not by nature holding midfielders and there lies the problem.

If we had a proper holding midfielder we might be able to squeeze Ireland into the midfield and drop Reo or Petrov. But until we get that type of player either Albrighton or Ireland will unfortunately have to keep the bench warm!

His best chance will probably be to have an absolute blinder against Burnley to force GH's hand. He will be played eventually but like others have said, the midfield needs to add some steel to help him roam freely.

I must be the only one who thinks Young isn't all that in the free role, he dosen't play enough through balls for the striker for a start.

I'd rather see Young out wide and Ireland in the hole a.s.a.p tbh.

Albrighton's doing well but fades badly in the second half so I'd look at using him as an impact sub.