Match Thread (Locked)

limpid

I wonder if any villa players ever read these forums and think to themselves, "well, if the fans don't believe in us, why should we?"

All this negativity can become a self-fulfilling prophesy...

This is the same team that whooped numerous asses last season, reached a cup final and came within a hair's breadth of top-4, barring the loss of Milner. Why are people suddenly assuming we're going to get beaten by Everton at home? Football is full of freakish results like Newcastle, which are nothing to do with backroom issues, but luck, mistakes, etc- who would have predicted Spurs' result yeterday?- and we just have to accept that these things happen. There is not a crisis at Villa.

Yes, we need a permanent manager soon, and we'll get him- the right man!- but games like today are where the players show us all what they're really capable of. Stop with the whingey downer nonsense and believe!!!!

I wonder if any villa players ever read these forums and think to themselves, "well, if the fans don't believe in us, why should we?"

All this negativity can become a self-fulfilling prophesy...

This is the same team that whooped numerous asses last season, reached a cup final and came within a hair's breadth of top-4, barring the loss of Milner. Why are people suddenly assuming we're going to get beaten by Everton at home? Football is full of freakish results like Newcastle, which are nothing to do with backroom issues, but luck, mistakes, etc- who would have predicted Spurs' result yeterday?- and we just have to accept that these things happen. There is not a crisis at Villa.

Yes, we need a permanent manager soon, and we'll get him- the right man!- but games like today are where the players show us all what they're really capable of. Stop with the whingey downer nonsense and believe!!!!

Yes but we did that with a decent manager in charge, who may not have been everyone's cup of tea, but he made us a decent side.

We don't have that now. We will soon I hope, but at this precise moment we don't have a good enough man in charge to guarantee we'll play well.

We might win today, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yes but we did that with a decent manager in charge, who may not have been everyone's cup of tea, but he made us a decent side.

We don't have that now. We will soon I hope, but at this precise moment we don't have a good enough man in charge to guarantee we'll play well.

We might win today, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yup Steve.

We're playing like a team without a manager surprise surprise.

Just need that man in to put his stamp on us and get us together and organised again.

Hopefully this will be the last game we're we look unorganised and a bit of a mess.

Might pull something out of the bag though :)

has to be....

-------Friedel------

Young---Collins/Cuellar------Dunne-------Warnock-------

---------------NRC------------------Petrov-------------------

Albrighton-----------Ireland------------------Young--------

---------------------Gabby------------------------------------

get young back on the wings where he actually does some damage and for the love of god tell ireland not to go back further than the half way line...well not quite that drastic but you know what i mean.....and drop Downing coz Everton are very physical and hes a northern fairy

but i fully expect another performance of 11 players not knowing their roles or correct position....Young playing central and ireland as a defensive midfielder....

surprise me please Kev

I'm oddly worried a win could give Kev Mac the job and result in a worse season for us than say a draw or defeat that would get us a real manager. I've nothing against Kev, but he;s not up to the task in my opinion.

Personally I'm a bit worried Lerner is going to **** up the managerial appointment. I hope it's just a bad feeling and I'm totally wrong.

I'm oddly worried a win could give Kev Mac the job and result in a worse season for us than say a draw or defeat that would get us a real manager. I've nothing against Kev, but he;s not up to the task in my opinion.

Personally I'm a bit worried Lerner is going to **** up the managerial appointment. I hope it's just a bad feeling and I'm totally wrong.

I honestly get the impression KMac does not want the job and is happy to return to coaching.... regardless of the result today, he can't become our full time manager

theboyangel, I think you are right but he cannot come out and say that as the club is having enough trouble already and that would add to lack of enthusiasm from players etc

Agree with you there - fair play to KMac though, he's handled himself (barring the tactics!) well during his brief tenure....

I also think the board do want the 'best' man for the job...

I agree he has done the best he can with a lack of back-up staff around him and with nobody who has experience of managing at this level. And I agree, I do think the board want the right man and they are in their right to take time to do this rather an appoint anybody to cover up the mess and be a quick fix, we need to be long term thinkers here.