Match Thread (Locked)

limpid

This is the match thread. Please do not use this for questions about streams, post those in another thread as they are then easier for everyone to find.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

Please don't use this thread for ratings or reactions.

It not easy to get excited about this match at the moment. 9 goals conceded in the last 2 games and now facing a side that is easily better than both the teams that done that to us.

Tranfer deadline closing on Monday...........I hope a manager and a bit of transfer activity can be done by then

Without being dramatic about it I think Everton have to be favourites for the game. Against Newcastle we thought we'd walk it, still thought that after they scored and by the time we realised what was happening it was too late. There were signs on Wed of how good Ireland can be, but we need Gabby to be fit. Carew is frightening nobody at the moment and let's not even think about Heskey!

0-4 Everton.

We know we're all over the shop at the minute, but you've only scored 1 goal from 2 matches against below average sides.

A little optimistic?

Perhaps, but Wolves and Blackburn parked the bus, you lot wont do that at home.

If we get an early goal it'll be interesting to see how you react, if heads drop ive a feeling we'll run riot.

Or of course you could dick us as seems the norm recently between us :lol:

Ever the optimist, I'll say 1-0 Villa!

With our "best 11" we can beat Everton.

I wouldn't mind seeing the set up from last night but with this line-up:

Ash ----------- Gabby ------- Downing

Ireland -------- Stan ----- Reo-Coker

Warnock - Dunne - Collins --- Young

----------------- Friedel ---------------

Though it's risky to go that attacking against Everton..

Everton squad for the game:Howard, Mucha, Hibbert, Neville, Coleman, Distin, Jagielka, Heitinga, Baines, Osman, Arteta, Fellaini, Rodwell, Gueye, Bilyaletdinov, Pienaar, Cahill, Vaughan, Saha, Beckford.

Neville is doubtful but everyone else is fit. Assuming Neville is out, I suspect the team will be..

-----------------Howard----------------

----Hibbert----Jagielka----Distin----Baines--

-----------------Fellaini-----------------

-----Osman------Arteta-----Pienaar-----

-----------------Cahill------------------

-----------------Saha------------------

Bench: Mucha, Beckford, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Rodwell, Coleman, Gueye.

Though, I'd kinda like him to put Rodwell in for Osman and instead of Saha play Heitinga in DM alongside Fellaini and have Cahill up on his own with Rodwell, Pienaar and Arteta off him. Can't see it though.

I wouldn't mind seeing the set up from last night but with this line-up:

Ash ----------- Gabby ------- Downing

Ireland -------- Stan ----- Reo-Coker

Warnock - Dunne - Collins --- Young

----------------- Friedel ---------------

I'm not sure how that line up fits into last nights shape, we were 4-3-1-2 last night, with two up front and Young playing in between them and a midfield three, maybe it could be described as a diamond shape in midfield, but it looked flatter to me.

I'd go:

----------------------Friedel-------------------------

Young--------Collins---------Dunne-------Warnock

----------------Reo Coker-------Petrov-------------

Albrighton--------------Ireland--------------Young

-----------------------Agbonlahor-------------------

It's usually a good game when we play Everton, I can't see a clean sheet but I think if we throw caution to the wind and Gabby can play at least an hour we could take this 3-2.