Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Carlos Cuellar:

This is hard! I'm going to say Fabian Delph and also Ricardo the goalkeeper from Osasuna. When I played there we got to the UEFA Cup semi-finals and finished fourth in the league and he played a huge part in that. Fabian has such good skill and is very difficult to stop.

12:39 [Comment From Phil ]

Who is the best player you have played with?

kin hell, that's high praise.

• 5 weeks later...
He is injured.. I know i'd probably get blasted for this but was he injury prone at leeds? I know he had a major set back here due to the massive injury he had but just curious if it's nothing more (i.e injury prone)

no, he wasn't, i think he's been poorly treated by gh. he was rushed back far too quickly from injury

He is injured.. I know i'd probably get blasted for this but was he injury prone at leeds? I know he had a major set back here due to the massive injury he had but just curious if it's nothing more (i.e injury prone)

no, he wasn't, i think he's been poorly treated by gh. he was rushed back far too quickly from injury

This.

Well in fairness Delph is still only a nipper, rushing him back can cause more trouble than its worth. Plus we didn;t really need him. Hopefully he can play a part against West Brom/Wigan/Stoke.

i think we will see plenty more of delph next year, with the likes of petrov and NRC and young all possibly leaving, the problem is where to put him, we either play 1 up front and have delph in as the play maker ( which i would like to see, someone who can tackle and win the ball for himself in an advanced position) or as a box to box player, but we have that in makoun, so either one will have to change position or they both wont start in the same side.

it seems clear to me that GH rates him also, didnt he sign a new contract?

I am really excited about young Fabian. He's got fire in his belly. I loved that video of him starting on a (Stoke?) fan behind the dugout for taking the piss.

Him, Clark and Albrighton are the big prospects for me. Still not as sure as some people about Bannan, hopefully he can prove me completely wrong.

Delph has an insane amount of talent and is missing nothing to be a top player. He just needs to chill out a bit when he's on the ball, can get a bit panicky and start rushing things. I want him to start popping some shots off, he scored a boat load at Leeds.

Â