Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

He's behind Weimann in the pecking order so my money's on him leaving

who says he's behind weimann?

McLeish won't let Weimann go back out on loan but is happy to send Fonz out.

how do you know?

From a very good source. I don't want to say who mentioned it to me for obvious reasons

His new contract was about protecting an asset and ensuring it remained a asset with some value should we opt to cash in rather than him leaving on a free. It was more about business than it was football in my view.

I never been convinced about him and I don't think he will make it at Villa personally, I'm not even sure he is as good as Moore.

The boy certainly has something, thats a definate. Every game he has played, I have spent the majority of it thinking, or saying "I just can't see what others see in him" - he then, invariably, sitcks the ball in the back of the net !!!.

Unfortunately for him, he has two problems.

1. Although cannot be sure, he seems to have a suspect attitude. Being from around here you would have thought he would have seen the likes of the Moores and thought "that won't happen to me" , but it seems he hasn't - yet.

2. Given what I have said above, he is competing with the best in the business of his type of forward, and he is only 27, so if The Fonz wants to become a success at the Villa he either needs to add more to his game, as Gabby has (see 1) or be very patient, take the odd loan deal, and then in 3 yrs, he will be in prime position.

Personally, I think it will be a gradual process with Fonz, and I think long term, he will be a great player. What they need to do each morning is stand Gabby next to him each morning and then a cardboard cut out of Luke Moore and tell him "Which one are you gonna be" -

(actually thats a bit harsh on Luke as he is still a premier league player, make it Stefan !)

Said 3 seasons ago he hasn't got the desire or attitude to make it and seen nothing since to change my mind ! He may at one point have been more technically gifted than Gabby or Vassell but he is a million miles off their attitude .

Thats why they call him Charlie because he thinks he is big time Charlie .

Â