Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

• 1 month later...

I think it would be interesting to experiment with Delfouneso on the right. I haven't given up on this lad yet, I think he has something. Gabby, as we saw under Houllier hated the role, maybe it might suit Fonz's game more. It would be worth a look, just as an experiment.

Albrighton......Ireland.......Delfouneso

.....................Bent.......................

I think this season is the Fonz's make or break season. He wasnt that impressive at Burnley last season (1 goal in 11/12 games i think).

I hope he gets some chances this season as whenever he has started for Villa, he has looked impressive.

I think this season is the Fonz's make or break season. He wasnt that impressive at Burnley last season (1 goal in 11/12 games i think).

I hope he gets some chances this season as whenever he has started for Villa, he has looked impressive.

i agree with pretty much all of that, i'm confident that if he gets a run in the team, he will deliver

Well he won't be getting many starts ahead of Gabby and Bent.

injuries and suspensions accumulate throughout the season though trent, i expect him to play in all cup matches as a bare minimum

Well Gabby and Bent are traditionally players that don't miss many games through injury or suspension, with the exception of Gabby last season. So not many games to be had there.

As for expecting him to play in all cup matches as a bare minimum? It won't happen I guarantee you that.

Well he won't be getting many starts ahead of Gabby and Bent.

injuries and suspensions accumulate throughout the season though trent, i expect him to play in all cup matches as a bare minimum

Well Gabby and Bent are traditionally players that don't miss many games through injury or suspension, with the exception of Gabby last season. So not many games to be had there.

As for expecting him to play in all cup matches as a bare minimum? It won't happen I guarantee you that.

Plus I doubt we'll have many cuo games for him to have the opportunity ;-)

I'd like him to get a lot of games be it here or somewhere else. Has to make sure he works hard enough to get in the team if he goes on loan though, not like last year.

i don't see the need in loaning him out again, it was pointless the first time

I'd like him to get a lot of games be it here or somewhere else. Has to make sure he works hard enough to get in the team if he goes on loan though, not like last year.

So what do you suggest we do?

Sell him?

So what do you suggest we do?

Sell him?

of course not, i'd love to see him be given a run alongside bent, i think they would be dynamite

Emile Heskey has 13 goals for AVFC in 81 appearances.

Nathan Delfouneso has 8 goals for AVFC in 41 appearances.

Heskey has started many games in his AVFC career while Delfouneso has mainly been used off the bench.

Delfouneso is 20. Heskey is 33.

Delfouneso should be ahead of Heskey in the pecking order.

Â