Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

this is all houlliers fault. houllier out. i mean, letting our young 4th choice striker go on loan to a division below us to get some confidence. the cheek of the man. :winkold:

Well its not like Villa have many games in the next 28 days, he might as well loan the whole team out!

this is all houlliers fault. houllier out. i mean, letting our young 4th choice striker go on loan to a division below us to get some confidence. the cheek of the man. :winkold:

Well its not like Villa have many games in the next 28 days, he might as well loan the whole team out!

thats houlliers fault too. damn you ged

I honestly think Fonz can be huge in a year or two. Sending him out on loan to a club that will play him, was a brilliant move, same with Bannan.

After reading an article in the GH's threads, we want to be playing 433, it makes me think of Sunderland, and their attack of Bent, Gyan, Welbeck. I think Fonz could be playing a big role in this set up. Still would like him up top with a Bent in a 442, but playing him all the same. I'd save Gabby for Supersub; and Heskey can teach him the ways of the force.

Burnley 0 - 3 Millwall.

Only read the BBC Match Report. Sounds as though Fonz was their best striker. Had a header come off the bar and was fouled on his way through goal, giving burnley a free kick. Not been on the burnley boards to see how they thought of him.

He was substituted on the 68th minute.

Felt so frustrated for him yesterday... Our defenders and midfielders continued to lump the ball up to him in an aerial battle he was never going to win. He kept making the runs and all he needed was someone to play him through and use his pace. We played into their hands completely!

That's what one said..

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to split the Burnley fans.

50% like him but think they are playing him completely wrong, apparently he hasnt been able to win a thing in the air for them, they dont have anybody in the middle to play the kill pass/through ball to him, probably should have given them Bannan so he gets more game time/works with Fonz better.

The other 50% dont seem to even be paying him much attention instead preferring their other strike partnerships saying that Fonz has been 'Gash' since his 4th minute vs Hull (when he scored).

The other 50% dont seem to even be paying him much attention instead preferring their other strike partnerships saying that Fonz has been 'Gash' since his 4th minute vs Hull (when he scored).

No surprise ther then

Fonz is a lightweight who will do well in reserve team football but unless he toughens up physically and mentally, he won't get near the Premiership as his numerous chances have illustrated.

Fonz is a lightweight who will do well in reserve team football but unless he toughens up physically and mentally, he won't get near the Premiership as his numerous chances have illustrated.

numerous chances haha? he's started 2 premier league games and scored in 1 of them against blackpool and was then shamefully dropped for the next game

numerous chances haha? he's started 2 premier league games and scored in 1 of them against blackpool and was then shamefully dropped for the next game

Terrible man management at the time. Plays well against Fulhum, unlucky not to score atleast a goal, if not 2. Then scores against Blackpool, gets subbed early doors, never to return. Baffles.

Terrible man management at the time. Plays well against Fulhum, unlucky not to score atleast a goal, if not 2. Then scores against Blackpool, gets subbed early doors, never to return. Baffles.

I'm not defedning Hou but perhaps there is more to it. Maybe his attitude in training etc just isn't right.

Regardless, from what I've seen he deserves more of a chance however I'd like to see him bang some more goals in for Burnley.

i agree, then was the time to give him a proper run in the side, it was a ridiculous decision at the time and was very poor man management

I'm not defedning Hou but perhaps there is more to it. Maybe his attitude in training etc just isn't right.

Regardless, from what I've seen he deserves more of a chance however I'd like to see him bang some more goals in for Burnley.

i don't care about his attitude in training if hes doing well on the pitch, which he was at the time, i think he was disgracefully treated

i don't care about his attitude in training if hes doing well on the pitch, which he was at the time, i think he was disgracefully treated

We need to start caring about players attitudes we've got too many bill big bollox already, for me that's part of the reason we're in the mess we are

Â