Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

There are few sights finer, than a small group of middle aged men, liberated by lager and a complimentary sparkling wine, throwing their paunches around showing the young uns how to really dance to 'one step beyond'.

Then it's a 10 minute breather, a piss, one last cruise of the free buffet, one more slug of lager and up again, woooooowooah! black betty bamalam whooah black betty bamalam....

• Like 4

The last wedding I went to (an English one) the DJ they'd hired was appalling. 

He'd basically gone and bought "Now that's what I call a wedding album" and played it from start to finish.

The cheesiest, most clichéd wedding playlist of all time.

And he had no interest in catering to the audience, or reading how his songs were going down.

He played the macaren and cha cha slide back to back which cleared the dance floor, because they're awful, and then followed those up with Saturday Night and the ketchup song.

Those songs are crap, but I could understand it if he put the macarena on and everybody loved it and wanted more awful choreographed dancing. But when people hate it, it's probably not a good idea to keep persevering with the crappy dancing songs.

Anyway, 11:45 pm with the wedding finishing at midnight and the dancefloor was empty.

tl:dr DJ was shit. 0.5/10 would not bang.

Can't wait for something a bit better next weekend!

Edited by Stevo985

It is interesting that around the same time that the middle aged men get up to dance photographs are no longer taken. I've looked for evidence of these dances and have yet to find a single shred of it. At times I wonder if they aren't some twisted nightmarish vision conjured up as a result of too much cheese and wine.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

It is interesting that around the same time that the middle aged men get up to dance photographs are no longer taken. I've looked for evidence of these dances and have yet to find a single shred of it. At times I wonder if they aren't some twisted nightmarish vision conjured up as a result of too much cheese and wine.

You can't have too much of those two things together.

You can't have too much cheese.

Wine, I just don't care about.

But together.. oh my.

Irish wedding in 5 days :thumb:

Having heard more about this wedding, I'm now having my doubts as to how good it will be...

It's in a community hall. The bride and groom have done it massively on the cheap. That's fine, I don't mind that of course, but it sounds like they've cut a lot of corners. There's not going to be any staff. They're hiring a bar in so there will be somebody to serve drinks, but nobody to clear glasses or clean up food or, I dunno, change toilet rolls etc

They also need to hand the keys back to the hall the day after, exactly as they found it. So it needs to be cleaned. But they've not hired cleaners.

So I imagine we'll all get roped into cleaning a flipping hall the day after the wedding!

Irish wedding in 5 days :thumb:

Having heard more about this wedding, I'm now having my doubts as to how good it will be...

It's in a community hall. The bride and groom have done it massively on the cheap. That's fine, I don't mind that of course, but it sounds like they've cut a lot of corners. There's not going to be any staff. They're hiring a bar in so there will be somebody to serve drinks, but nobody to clear glasses or clean up food or, I dunno, change toilet rolls etc

They also need to hand the keys back to the hall the day after, exactly as they found it. So it needs to be cleaned. But they've not hired cleaners.

So I imagine we'll all get roped into cleaning a flipping hall the day after the wedding!

I went to a wedding in April. The GFs cousin. The next day I got roped into helping clean up the venue, as I got a lift with the GFs parents and they wanted to help I had no choice and I didn't want to look like a word removed. Took ages and it was filthy.

So yeah. Don't help.

The thing is, the bride has 2 sisters and 4 brothers. And the groom has 6 brothers. They all have partners.

I bet it'll be people like my mom and her sisters (i.e. the bride's aunties) who end up cleaning up, and sorting everything out during the night, and them lot will just be chilling out.

I'm not volunteering for anything. And I've told my Mom that she's not either. She's one of these people that gets way too involved with stuff that has nothing to do with her. She's already stressing about how this wedding is being organised. Why? It's not her problem.

When I was younger she'd be the kind of mom who, if we went out for a charity quiz night or a function or something like that, she'd try and make me go and help out with glass collecting or washing up or something. Seriously.

• Like 1

Â