Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I feel the same way as you about these charlatans, Dave. They're disgusting for making money off people who are grieving and I'm elated when they get found out. Mediums and psychics that do these kinds of shows are sick and need to be exposed for the frauds they are. They should be made to give back every penny they've 'earned' too.

What about the imbeciles that buy it? Grieving or not, it takes a complete lack of brain cells to fall for such guff.

I do believe some people have the ability to contact the spirit world but most people who say they can are frauds, especially these famous mediums.

There is no spirit world.
do you believe there is nothing?

Watch something on youtube called Zeitgeist.... It's a bit of topic, but it basically blows religion and a few other theories out the water... Very interesting! I'm caught in two minds but after seeing that, I'm swinging towards there being nothing out there...

I do believe some people have the ability to contact the spirit world

You're wrong.
maybe.
Nope. Definitely.

Even if there was a "spirit world" (and there isn't) if we could communicate with them then it would be obvious. There'd be no mystery about it.

It wouldn't be "oohhhh he's saying something about jewellery."

It would be "**** me, I'm talking to a ghost. What's being dead like? What does god look like? Can you see my house from there?"

Its one of them aint it, people don't believe and some believe. We'll never find out until were dead. I've experienced things which are definitely not normal. Don't get me wrong I want to believe there is something out there, I think we all do and that could be clouding my judgement but I believe what I believe.

Its one of them aint it, people don't believe and some believe. We'll never find out until were dead. I've experienced things which are definitely not normal. Don't get me wrong I want to believe there is something out there, I think we all do and that could be clouding my judgement but I believe what I believe.

The thing is ... All of us have billions upon billions of years experience at being dead. You don't need to wait .

• Like 2

He means that people believe in an afterlife because they can't comprehend nothingness, their own nonexistence. But what it will be 'like' for you after death will be exactly what it was 'like' before you were born.

I think, deep down, the majority of people know contacting the spirit world is nonsense. Even the so called believers who go to psychics and like to immerse themselves in it and "believe". Sure there are some people who really do believe it.

But if you take a step back and really think about it. Really think about whether you believe people can talk to "spirits" who are dead. Do you really believe it?

Fair point. Some people do find it hard thinking there is nothing after you die and your not going to be reunited with loved ones. On a personal note I do want to believe there is something, but they may well be nothing. I think its naïve just to dismiss something or someone who say they have been in contact with spirits, or have saw a ghost or whatever the thing is they saw. I'm not on about me, just on about the millions of people around the world that have a story to tell. Granted there very well could be an explanation but I just find it hard to believe that these incidents that happen mean nothing. Some of the things I've saw and have been through probably have an explanation but you can only comment on what you see infront of you.

I think, deep down, the majority of people know contacting the spirit world is nonsense. Even the so called believers who go to psychics and like to immerse themselves in it and "believe". Sure there are some people who really do believe it.

But if you take a step back and really think about it. Really think about whether you believe people can talk to "spirits" who are dead. Do you really believe it?

I don't fully believe in mediums, I don't dismiss it but I'm not fully convinced about them. Other things make me believe there is another realm.

Â