Football Manager 2011

AndyClarke

I just started a game as Villa and haven't managed to offload anyone despite offering for lower prices. Managing to fiddle my budget a bit I signed JS Park, Ivan Obradovic (LB) and Hedwiges Maduro (DM), but am currently running about 60k over budget because I cannot shift Sidwell or Heskey.

I have decided though that this game is completely unrealistic - Brad Friedel got injured on the eve of the season and has missed 3 weeks - like THAT would ever happen...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really difficult to offload players in this game.

Last year you just offered and got ridiculous bids. This year rare for anybody to get interested. Only players i offloaded was Carew, Beye(on loan), Osbourne and Salifou (last 2 on a free)

id agree with this. i mean heskey isnt great but your telling if we put him up for sale not one single team would want him?

collins ahs been poor for me tried selling him no-one wants him. thats abit lame and unrealistic id say

Really difficult to offload players in this game.

Last year you just offered and got ridiculous bids. This year rare for anybody to get interested. Only players i offloaded was Carew, Beye(on loan), Osbourne and Salifou (last 2 on a free)

id agree with this. i mean heskey isnt great but your telling if we put him up for sale not one single team would want him?

collins ahs been poor for me tried selling him no-one wants him. thats abit lame and unrealistic id say

Tried to get rid of Warnock, Cuellar, Davies Luke Young, Heskey, Petrov, NRC and Sidwell.

Only bid i got was a loan from Fulham and Spurs for Warnock

was that your first season zatman? i think maybe im gonna wait until end of the season to sell a majority of players. ireland hasnt been great so im thinking of selling him off with collins. maybe it could be just for the first season its hard to sell players

i did manage to get rid of sidwell though 2.8m to stoke

Started this properly last night, after putting all the kits, badges and faces in the game, brought neymar for £15mil, coentrao £11.25mil from benfica and badeji £3.8mil from dinamo, sold carew to liverpool for £2.7mil and petrov on loan to bayern with an agreed price of £3.1mil

was that your first season zatman? i think maybe im gonna wait until end of the season to sell a majority of players. ireland hasnt been great so im thinking of selling him off with collins. maybe it could be just for the first season its hard to sell players

i did manage to get rid of sidwell though 2.8m to stoke

yeah was 1st transfer window maybe better luck in January.

Ireland is disppointing but as in real life cant find a perfect position for him. Not impressed by Downing either.

Trying to get Paulo Henrique to join. He looks a beast

Starting Dafuge's challenge.

Which if you don't know is basically, holiday a full season. Then add new manager at a club who have come up from the Evo-Stik/Rhyman/Zambretta?? leagues and basically take them to Champions League glory.

Second seasons alright, there are always good free's knocking about even at lower clubs.

Starting Dafuge's challenge.

Which if you don't know is basically, holiday a full season. Then add new manager at a club who have come up from the Evo-Stik/Rhyman/Zambretta?? leagues and basically take them to Champions League glory.

Second seasons alright, there are always good free's knocking about even at lower clubs.

ooh i like the sound of that!

12 games into my second season.

Unbeaten.... top of the league! Man UTD are second and level on points. I have to play them and..... all my players are on international duty???? Yet they pretty much have a first team squad? Had to pick loads of Under 18s. What a **** joke.

Started my annual hibernation last night with this. It usually lasts about 3 weeks and then I get bored, start cheating (the old, add manager to Real Madrid, get him buy all your rubbish players for millions and then spend big on players who end up not liking you thing) and then pick it up only occasionally until the next one comes out.

Can see lots of improvements on the last version but it's the devil's own job trying to get decent players to agree to contract offers. I had Wickham hold me to ransom for silly money so I told him where to go. Contracts generally seem a bit hit and miss. I offered RVN about a third of what he demanded and he accepted. I even offered to pay his agent 1k and he took it.

Have managed to off-load Carew, Heskey, Beye and Davies and am investing in youth. Assulin already playing well (as he did last year) and a few more on the verge of good things. Can concur with previous comments about Gabby being on fire at the start of the season too.

Am liking the player and staff interaction but some of my staff seem keen to overload me with average Scottish youngsters for some reason.

contract negotiations are quite easy.

I offer same as what they are on and if they turn it down just increase agent fee, Always works

Can't imagine that'd have worked for Wickham. He wanted to go from about a thousand a week to about 96,000! I'll try and prove/disprove your theory tonight though.

Â