Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I would be completely satisfied with Houllier being manager of Aston Villa. I think, especially if it's a one year rolling contract, that it's a job well done by Lerner and Faulkner given our options at this present time.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the latest from the Independant , States that he is going for the "manager" role not DOF role .............

HERE IT IS

Thank god for posting that, i can now go to bed in a better mood 8)

Houllier as Manager im happy with, Macca as first team coach im also happy with.

Good night all :)

I'd be happier with that too, but I've just thought of possible snag with having Houiller as manager.

Isn't "Gérard Houiller's claret and blue army" going to be a bit hard to sing, especially for several minutes at a time?

Oh well... at least it's not Vahid Halilhodzic.

This is the latest from the Independant , States that he is going for the "manager" role not DOF role .............

HERE IT IS

Houllier as Manager im happy with, Macca as first team coach im also happy with.

I'd be happier with that too, but I've just thought of possible snag with having Houiller as manager.

Isn't "Gérard Houiller's claret and blue army" going to be a bit hard to sing, especially for several minutes at a time?

Oh well... at least it's not Vahid Halilhodzic.

He sounds like a decent coach to be honest

Was Staunton in any way comparable to Mclaren in his England reign?
McLaren was much much much better than Stan.

As much as it hurts me to say :), there was no comparison, but Steve was the Gaffer the buck stopped with him :shock:...

Need help guys if lose who do we blame? Who does tactics?

As I see it, GH would deal in the transfer market and scout for players, as well as help out K-Mac with anything he needs. K-Mac would deal with the training of the players and tactics.

Really not sure about this set-up, but would be interesting to see how it would work out if it happens.

HERE IT IS

How about HOO-LEE-AY's Claret-Blue army!!!

Or Ger'd Houlyay's Claret-Blue Army!!!!

Not so hard. See? :D

If Staunton joins in any capacity I will put serious thought into disowning Villa.

I cant believe how anyone could write that. See you later then, you wont be missed. Its fans like you that give this club a bad name

I think some people just want an excuse not to support Villa.

Unless Randy gets us a Hiddink or a Hitzfeld I reckon there'll be some people who will be ready to go into a fit of rage and say how they're tearing up their season ticket and wont support Villa anymore. Mark my words.

Well for me I'll never stop supporting Villa, but as an Ireland fan, Staunton should never be allowed near this club as anything, he would make us a lot worse, he would make us a laughing stock, well that's my opinion,

and I think you would find it hard to find any Irish Football fan to think good of Staunton's job with Ireland...

i have to agree with you here,omfg.if the Gaffer got the job the book would stop with him.jaysus think of the interviews on match of the day..

Has anyone considered that we are getting Houllier who isn't fond of Carew and Staunton who probably isn't fond of Ireland. If Ireland gets put on the back burner, then Man Citeh have truely done us over and got Milner for £18m.

Not a fan of two in charge, let alone three. Staunton has shown himself not only as useless at football management but as one of these football mercenaries tht general krulak has said we don't want. I remeber him leaving villa for Liverpool on that bosman.

Rather horseface than him. And that says something.

Houllier, MacDonald and Staunton, eh. Not my idea of a dreamteam, that's for sure.

However they should certainly be given time to show us what they can do together. Hopefully they've all learned something from past experiences. Houllier not to buy crap, Macca not to leave us too lightweight in the middle, and Stan, well anything really :twisted:

Who knows if all goes well, with this boot room philosophy and all, maybe we're looking at our future manager here....

houllier fits the criteria and we could do a lot worse.

staunton i really hope we dont approach. i didnt like him as a player after the first couple of seasons and that second stint really showed him up to be a selfish and argumentitive dick. never before or since have i seen a back five argue so much amongst themselves on the pitch as when he was in the middle of it.

Fran you're clearly upset because one of todays papers has mentioned a persons name that you don't like....It doesn't mean that it's true, it's the media ffs they've been wrong almost every day this week.

eh? the media wrong?

you mean there isnt a london bus on the moon?