Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

The idea of Koeman is really growing on me. He's managed in 3 different leagues, he has had some good spells and some bad spells but he seems very keen on England and sees Villa as a good opportunity for him. He's 47 so he's the perfect age for what we are looking for, young enough to build a legacy and manage for a long spell, but old enough to have experience and demand respect. Get him in.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting 2+2 together and probably making 79 but Dave Woodhall in that post reckons we are looking for someone who understands what it is to be Aston Villa manager, then Koeman comes out talking about the European cup win and how famous Villa are in Holland.

All this has made me part with £25 of my hard earned cash with the bookies :D (nearly £400 if he comes in) So I am firmly in the get Ronald Koeman camp.

Ronald Koeman's managerial history is pretty poor. He got Valencia to finish 15th - that's like Liverpool or Arsenal finishing 15th in the Prem.

I really couldn't give a shit, a few managers are not suited to jobs! As long as he and Randy share the same goals, he moves us forward I ain't too bothered!

Kevin MacDonald appeals for Villa fans to be patient with Randy Lerner over managerial appointment

Aug 28 2010 by Mathew Kendrick, Birmingham Mail

KEVIN MacDonald has appealed for the Villa Park faithful to remain patient with chairman Randy Lerner during Villa’s search for a new manager.

There were the first rumblings of discontent from the claret and blue brigade following Thursday night’s Europa League exit to Rapid Vienna.

And Villa go into tomorrow’s Premier League home match against Everton with the club still looking for a permanent successor to Martin O’Neill.

MacDonald, who will decide if he wants to be considered for the job on Monday, has called on Villa supporters to keep the faith with Lerner.

He revealed the board have been working hard on the managerial situation and potential transfers, although any player deals remain unlikely.

“I have been in contact with Mr Lerner for a lot of the time,” said MacDonald, who has also worked closely with chief executive Paul Faulkner.

“He’s been very supportive of what’s gone on. They have obviously been to watch the team play.

“You’ve got to remember it’s difficult for myself and Mr Lerner. We are short staffed and there’s everything going on that we are trying to sort out.

“A lot of people would say that the club has been put on hold, but Paul has been doing things behind the scenes.

“Whether he’s tried to get players in or players out, he’s had recommendations from one or two of us. Whether we can do any deals I don’t know – there’s nothing on the horizon.”

With Tottenham reportedly preparing a swoop for Ashley Young following their Champions League qualification, Villa are braced for interest in their top players before Tuesday’s deadline.

“I’m sure there will be clubs interested because there are some good players at Aston Villa,” said MacDonald.

“People would have told me if there were any enquiries. We’ve had nothing so far.

“You’d expect it from the clubs that are playing in Europe – they might want an extra big player.”

Asked if Villa would struggle to convince their big names to stay, MacDonald replied: “It might not be their choice. If the club needs them and they are under contract the club will probably want to keep them.”

MacDonald laughed off Diego Maradona being linked with the vacancy and suggested Villa need a manager with knowledge of the English game – but if he rules himself out he will play no part in advising the board about an alternative appointment.

“That wouldn’t be my choice,” he said. “That would be down to the owner and Paul. That would put me in a terrible position wouldn’t it?!

“I think Aston Villa is regarded as a major club, as any Premier League club is.

“There will be lots of applications because everyone will think they can push this club back up to the top.

“Whether it is one of the applicants or someone already in a job, the players’ own pride should tell them to play as well as possible because any manager who comes in will know what has gone on.”

Gabby Agbonlahor (calf), John Carew (knee) and Richard Dunne (back) are in the squad for tomorrow after overcoming injuries, while Stephen Warnock, Luke Young and Stewart Downing are also in contention after being rested on Thursday.

Clicky

He says the right things does Koeman, infact I really liked that interview. However he just doesn't fill me with any sort of confidence at all. Singlehandedly destroyed the atmosphere in the Valencia dressing room from what I've heard and almost took them down. The success he's had is mostly with excellent teams in poor leagues (competition wise), then again you can only beat what's put infront of you.

Would definitely give him a chance if he came, but I can't say I'm very optimistic about this.

I'd give Koeman a chance, we're going to finish mid-table so we may aswell take a bit of a risk instead of settling for some steady eddy bluenose cu*t like Curbishley.
Yeh bring in Koeman and support him with a DOF - someone like GTmkIII might be an idea. Do I not like that.

You can just picture it. "Ronald, I've got you a nice young lad called Michael Boulding..." :lol:

.....or maybe a McGrath or a Platt or a Yorke who amazingly enough he also signed.......on his way to getting us promoted and becoming runners up in the big league......although it was before Sky came along, so l wouldn't expect you to remember......

im just dreading whats going to happen after sunday if kevin macdonald gets the job i will cry. He has obviously shown he is really not cut out for the job i would love him to stay at villa as a coach but not a manager i just want a manager with lots of experience koeman will do anyone.

Koeman nearly relegated a Valencia team with players such as Villa, Silva, Vicente, Joaquin, Mata, Banega and Marchena. He was sacked to save his blushes and the new manager kept them up.

He also took AZ one of Hollands top clubs and only won half of his games, a season after they won the title. This put them in mid-table. New manager come in and took them back up to 5th.

If that's what people want it is worrying. This guy can relegate us, if he nearly did with Valencia, he can send us down.

Koeman nearly relegated a Valencia team with players such as Villa, Silva, Vicente, Joaquin, Mata, Banega and Marchena. He was sacked to save his blushes and the new manager kept them up.

He also took AZ one of Hollands top clubs and only won half of his games, a season after they won the title. This put them in mid-table. New manager come in and took them back up to 5th.

If that's what people want it is worrying. This guy can relegate us, if he nearly did with Valencia, he can send us down.

If you think Martin had an ego, wait until this guy strolls into town, as the above clearly shows.

People like Ashley will definately be off :winkold:

Read in the Young thread that KM has put the blame down to the players not performing, which roughly means expect the same shite system for Everton with everybody playing narrow. New manager now please.

Read in the Young thread that KM has put the blame down to the players not performing, which roughly means expect the same shite system for Everton with everybody playing narrow. New manager now please.
was the manager not in for the Newcastle game?,oh wait :? .