Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Sven again.

Former England manager Sven Goran Eriksson is so desperate for the Aston Villa job he is willing to lower his £3million a season salary demands.

The Swede has been installed as the bookies’ favourite to take over at Villa Park, after being sacked by Man City in 2008. He desperate to return to the Premier League and was upset to miss out on the Fulham job a few weeks ago.

Since leaving City, where it is largely accepted he did a good job before the season fizzled out, Sven had a disastrous spell in charge of Mexico, a bizarre few months at Notts Count and oversaw the Ivory Coast’s World Cup group games.

Villa, having recorded three 6th place finishes in succession would be Sven's best chance of securing a top end Premier League club, Sven knows this and will make himself available for such a position but can the high spending manager convince Villa's now financially cautious chairman Randy Lerner that he does not need the big money to achieve the Champions League dream the American still chases, but within bugets?

link

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need someone who will be respected by the players. K Mac seems to have that (again tentatively as we'vve only seen one game. But the players seem to respect him).

Hopefully, that will also be a big name as oppposed to someone like Southgate.

But if we were going for an ex player, someone like Laursen would be ideal as he's bound to have people's respect

(That being said, i wouldn't like to blood someone in in their first role, such as laursen. Just giving an example)

SGE is really acting like a whore. :P One of those managers that I don't really want, but wouldn't be too bothered if he was appointed. But he seems very willing to take the job. Desperate, in fact.

SGE is really acting like a whore. :P One of those managers that I don't really want, but wouldn't be too bothered if he was appointed. But he seems very willing to take the job. Desperate, in fact.

You would think he had enough cash by now wouldn't you.

I think its very clear we have no interest in him.

SGE has his own agenda.

I bet anyone, that within two seasons of us appointing him, he will have walked out on us for another job in Italy or somewhere.

He only looks on us as a rung in that ladder.

I don't know why people are talking about the likes of Curbishley or Southgate to work with K-Mac. Can't see the point. They are experienced managers so they won't want to be an assistant to a new manager. Neither do they have the "player pulling power" to operate in the world transfer market - which is what K-Mac lacks and what we need.

K-Mac should be first-team coach, with an internationally experienced DoF to handle the buying and selling and media work.

SGE has his own agenda.

I bet anyone, that within two seasons of us appointing him, he will have walked out on us for another job in Italy or somewhere.

He only looks on us as a rung in that ladder.

Don't be too sure of that.

The news here in Sweden is actually just reporting what's said in the ebglish papers and english odds on him taking over Villa. At least from what I've read.

No, Trent, I don't think we're interested either. And I'm not exactly sad that we aren't. :P The best thing would be that it would turn the attention of the swedish media to us. Our game was the only one without any reports in some papers over here. :evil: