Barry Bannan

villianusa

He's had a few what I call "secondary assists" which need recognition

I've read articles where he gets credit for setting up the Weimann - Benteke counter-attack goal against Liverpool.

Also the Reading game, where he got into the right position to get a shot on goal, which was on target enough to bounce back into a dangerous position for one of our strikers to score. Composed.

Composure is hitting the post?  :blink:

Is that subjective or objective?

It was a reactive, instinctive flick toward goal. He had no time to think about it. It was composed in the sense that he found the target, which is the shooter's first main objective. If you hit the target good things happen.

I've read articles where he gets credit for setting up the Weimann - Benteke counter-attack goal against Liverpool.

Also the Reading game, where he got into the right position to get a shot on goal, which was on target enough to bounce back into a dangerous position for one of our strikers to score. Composed.

It was a reactive, instinctive flick toward goal. He had no time to think about it. It was composed in the sense that he found the target, which is the shooter's first main objective. If you hit the target good things happen.

Hitting the post does not constitute as a shot on target though.

What about hitting a barn door? Emile Ivanhoe Heskey had this off to a fine art. Especially off of a Bannan Hollywooder! :D 

this-guy.gif

• Like 1

It counts for something though because it didn't go out of play for a goal kick.

Shooting has 4 outcomes: Goal; Keeper saves; Goal kick; Hit woodwork.

Goal is the best. Goal kick is the least best. You can still score from the phase of play from the other two outcomes.

At least he didn't lash at it, and blaze it spectacularly over the bar or out for a throw-in or both. 

glib glib glib glib glib glib glib

My mum could make the passes you are trying to get credit to Bannan for. To then state he deserves recognition for a secondary assist is just laughable.

Bottom line is, we win more games when Bannan plays

We lose more games when Guzan plays.

Put Bannan in goal!

& get him to punch the ball onto the post!

This series of conversation cracked me up.  :crylaugh:

I can't imagine Lambert recalling Bannan to first XI and not starting El Ahmadi after his effort against Man Utd.

Sylla, Bannan, El Ahmadi would freshen up the midfield.

Edited by Con