Barry Bannan

villianusa

You'd have thought the best crosser in the league could find a spot in the Scotland team.

In fairness i would take that as a positive that Strachan and O'Neill didnt rate him. Some of the signings them 2 made when they were club managers beggers belief

The only thing that possibly beggers belief more than MON signing Beye, Warnock etc etc is this twisted logic over who you classify as a good player... :blush:

6 wins with him starting only logic i need

You'd have thought the best crosser in the league could find a spot in the Scotland team.

In fairness i would take that as a positive that Strachan and O'Neill didnt rate him. Some of the signings them 2 made when they were club managers beggers belief

The only thing that possibly beggers belief more than MON signing Beye, Warnock etc etc is this twisted logic over who you classify as a good player... :blush:

6 wins with him starting only logic i need

We have 14 losses with Guzan. With your logic, we should drop him right?

• Like 1

He's not young either. At 24, if you aren't a regular in a team you really aren't going to set the world alight in the manner in which Con thinks he will.

There are no examples of that happening are there. No Leighton Baines, for example.

He's not 24 until December this year. 23 and 5 months.

Edited by Con

Lambert said: 'You need everybody, not just the lads that play and the lads on the bench, you need the lads on the fringe of it.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2315781/Paul-Lambert-insists-Aston-Villa-chance-fight-relegation-Premier-League.html#ixzz2Ri7LhV3U 

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Bannan didn't play and hasn't been on the bench for the last three games. He could be talking about Bannan.

Lambert said: 'You need everybody, not just the lads that play and the lads on the bench, you need the lads on the fringe of it.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2315781/Paul-Lambert-insists-Aston-Villa-chance-fight-relegation-Premier-League.html#ixzz2Ri7LhV3U 

Bannan didn't play and hasn't been on the bench for the last three games. He could be talking about Bannan.

5399805046_0d30e4dd70_z.jpg

He could be talking about anybody. IT isn't always about Bannan.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Hardly clutching at straws is it? Bannan is the only player not in the squad the last 3 games who has 6 wins this season.

It's only natural that Lambert might be thinking of returning to the winning formula after the last three unconvincing performances.

Key bit from Lambert - 'lads on the fringe of it'. All he is saying here is that we all need to club together to get out of this mess - stay strong and have a good team spirit. He might be talking about Bannan especially if rumours are true that he has shown some discontent about being dropped.

Key bit from Lambert - 'lads on the fringe of it'. All he is saying here is that we all need to club together to get out of this mess - stay strong and have a good team spirit. He might be talking about Bannan especially if rumours are true that he has shown some discontent about being dropped.

I agree. Not clutching at straws at all. He's unlikely to be referring to any player other than Bannan. If it's not Bannan then who would it be? Carruthers or Gardner? Unlikely to play them this year.

1) Why are people bashing Bannan for a shot hit the post which eventually led to a goal?

Not exactly bashing but he should have finished that effort and it only then led to a goal due to a lucky deflection back to one of our players.  You cant commend him for hitting the post just because we scored from it surely?

I think it was actually going in off the post, but keeper clawed it off the line. Bannan was pretty unlucky there.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gif-gabriel-agbonlahors-winner-v-reading/

1:45 - Bannan telling the defense where to pass the ball and then acting in total shock when the player passes it there. Gives away possession which leads to a goal. Unfortunately, this is not uncommon and is one of the reasons why our defense ships so many goals. They need deep lying midfield players to protect the defense rather than add confusion and give the ball away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKeFbViyC_U

Can't be arsed to find any more examples, but he did give the ball away TWICE against Liverpool in identical situations in his last performance for the club.

An absolute liability.

Why blame Bannan for that when Lambert gave Bennett a roasting at half-time for the error?

It's obvious Bannan is saying pass the ball backwards, yet Bennett passed it sideways.

v30h9w.png

[quote name="Villa87" post="930261" timestamp="1367139416

I agree. Not clutching at straws at all. He's unlikely to be referring to any player other than Bannan. If it's not Bannan then who would it be? Carruthers or Gardner? Unlikely to play them this year.

Edited by HeyAnty

Why blame Bannan for that when Lambert gave Bennett a roasting at half-time for the error?

It's obvious Bannan is saying pass the ball backwards, yet Bennett passed it sideways.

v30h9w.png

So you think he's saying pass it to Zamora instead?

The guy is a liability and is not worthy a place in a team as great as Aston Villa. He is certainly at fault a lot more times for shipping goals than creating goals. I'd imagine the net goal difference of his assists vs his **** ups that have lead to goals is about -10 this season alone.

To be fair, in that clip Bannan is pointing for the ball to go back - either to a defender or to the keeper - it looks like Zamora is making that hard, so Bennett plays it across the field to Bannan's feet - really badly - leaving Bannan chasing a poor pass in a bad area. I'm sure there are examples of Bannan giving the ball away out there, but that really isn't one.

So you think he's saying pass it to Zamora instead?

The guy is a liability and is not worthy a place in a team as great as Aston Villa. He is certainly at fault a lot more times for shipping goals than creating goals. I'd imagine the net goal difference of his assists vs his **** ups that have lead to goals is about -10 this season alone.

Clark was behind Bennett. Bannan was pointing towards Clark. Your desperation to blame Bannan for something it was widely reported Lambert blamed Bennett for at half-time, is pathetic. You could at least limit your criticisms to actual errors, rather than inventing ones.

Sqwaka stats show Bannan has made 2 defensive errors this season, neither of which lead to a goal. So he is literally +1 on your scorecard.

To be fair, in that clip Bannan is pointing for the ball to go back - either to a defender or to the keeper - it looks like Zamora is making that hard, so Bennett plays it across the field to Bannan's feet - really badly - leaving Bannan chasing a poor pass in a bad area. I'm sure there are examples of Bannan giving the ball away out there, but that really isn't one.

I think Bennett is caught in two minds whether he is passing to Westwood or Bannan, so it goes softly between them and neither get it.