Barry Bannan

villianusa

two things:

A) I think we're all getting excited over the Chelsea clip. Yes, the lad looks decent but everyone can have a blinder once in a while (See Bannan vs. Croatia..). I've heard good reports, lets just not get carried away

X) Does 'Richard' really know as much as you all think!? I like the fact there is an 'ITK' on the site but I haven't seen him post anything so far this window that no-one else could have posted. (I'll happily be proved wrong here)

UTV

Okore thread

Sorry, sarcasm obviously doesn't translate well through a keyboard. Much like your cool abbreviations.

How is the missus btw?

How is the missus btw?! What a childish, ridiculous response - grow up.

Barry Bannan (born 1 December 1989) is a Scottish professional footballer who plays for Premier League club Aston Villa. He plays as a midfielder and is a full Scotland international, and has also represented the under-21 and B teams. During his time at Villa Park, Bannan has also spent loan spells in the Championship at Derby County, Blackpool and Leeds United.

Bannan's critics are now fighting amongst themselves. Job done.

I didn't realise there was a competition over pro-Bannan and anti-Bannan opinions?

I just say it as I see it. If he ever performs well I'll say he performed well. You on the other hand witness him playing badly and come here stating he was excellent. This proves you are biased and I neutral.

I didn't say he was excellent. I don't need to say anything.

The co-commentator said he was excellent - he used that very word. Then gave a specific reason why he deserved some credit for his performance.

The Scottish fans who are criticising were being completely unrealistic if they expected Scotland to completely dominate Croatia with an attacking performance.

Unsurprisingly, that didn't happen. But they still got the win, and Bannan showed up not only defensively but offensively too*, for his contribution to that win.

*Scotland can't have had many more than 2 shots at the Croatian goal during the game, and Bannan got the other one.

Sorry, sarcasm obviously doesn't translate well through a keyboard.

So you think he played shit then? How can you be sarcastic about a performance you haven't even seen? Maybe he was great for all you **** know. Feeble attempt to backtrack IMO.

I didn't realise there was a competition over pro-Bannan and anti-Bannan opinions?

I just say it as I see it. If he ever performs well I'll say he performed well. You on the other hand witness him playing badly and come here stating he was excellent. This proves you are biased and I neutral.

The Scottish fans who are criticising were being completely unrealistic if they expected Scotland to completely dominate Croatia with an attacking performance.

But they didn't say this. They simply said 'worst player on the pitch'

Sorry, sarcasm obviously doesn't translate well through a keyboard.

So you think he played shit then? How can you be sarcastic about a performance you haven't even seen? Maybe he was great for all you **** know. Feeble attempt to backtrack IMO.

I was referencing Con's views about his performance and how he only needs to be on the pitch for him to be amazing at everything. Like I've said, I haven't watched the match so don't know. The majority of people say he was poor so I'm guessing he was.

Did your internet die halfway through the post?

Haha no I'm sitting here at the gym (injured like an idiot) and typing on the **** tiniest screen ever and the keyboard keeps disappearing.

Edited by ArteSuave

Barry-Bannan_1694645w.jpg

Hi Dad (Con for the uninitiated) How's the trolling goin' on VT. Thanks for saying I played a blinder versus Croatia this evening, must rush now though pops as I need to remove this Haggis that a few thousand Scotland fans rammed up my arse during the game for being totally shit, hence my substitution ;)

I didn't say he was excellent. I don't need to say anything.

The co-commentator said he was excellent - he used that very word. Then gave a specific reason why he deserved some credit for his performance.

Unsurprisingly, that didn't happen. But they still got the win, and Bannan showed up not only defensively but offensively too*, for his contribution to that win.

*Scotland can't have had many more than 2 shots at the Croatian goal during the game, and Bannan got the other one.

Bannan took a shot under no pressure what-so-ever and it went half way between the corner flag and the goal. How the hell can you twist that into a positive?!

What else did he do? He made 5 passes in the second half and 4 of those passes ended up with a Croatian player.

This is a serious question... can you identify a single play which included Bannan which was worthy of a Premier League player? He did absolutely nothing IMO.

I have gone from always rating him and thinking he's a great prospect, to seeing his development slow down, to hating him purely due to Con, to liking him again purely due to the absolute carp people are spouting about him. I cannot people who have watched villa for more than 3 years can say "he's the worst villa player ever" he's "woeful"

I think his confidence and match fitness is lacking, due to being taken out the team and being hounded by "fans" of villa.

• Like 1

I have gone from always rating him and thinking he's a great prospect, to seeing his development slow down, to hating him purely due to Con, to liking him again purely due to the absolute carp people are spouting about him. I cannot people who have watched villa for more than 3 years can say "he's the worst villa player ever" he's "woeful"

I think his confidence and match fitness is lacking, due to being taken out the team and being hounded by "fans" of villa.

Same here. Honestly I dont think Bannan is bad enough or good enough to get this excited about.