Barry Bannan

villianusa

No, don't know which match it was. That's not recorded. If you ask me, he's played well in lots of matches so I don't know which one to suggest.

The drink-driving was stupid but if we were to choose our first XI based on driving history we would have nobody on the pitch. If we choose our fans based on driving history the stands would be half-empty.

Footballers as a group always seem to be either crashing, speeding or drink driving. The important thing is they learn from their mistakes and don't do it again. That applies to us all.

That said, I have no points on my driving licence and if you believe this makes my views carry more weight, go ahead and think that.

No, don't know which match it was. That's not recorded. If you ask me, he's played well in lots of matches so I don't know which one to suggest.

The drink-driving was stupid but if we were to choose our first XI based on driving history we would have nobody on the pitch. If we choose our fans based on driving history the stands would be half-empty.

Footballers as a group always seem to be either crashing, speeding or drink driving. The important thing is they learn from their mistakes and don't do it again. That applies to us all.

That said, I have no points on my driving licence and if you believe this makes my views carry more weight, go ahead and think that.

I can't imagine Lowton and Westwood (in particular) being crazy seeing as they're down to earth people with young families.

Oh right, well who awarded him this motm?

Drink drivings got nowt to do with it. 

Guys been rubbish and lazy all season - gives the ball away and cant tackle !

That's a tad harsh , hes been average yes but better than KEA, Herd, Holman .

Drink drivings got nowt to do with it. 

Guys been rubbish and lazy all season - gives the ball away and cant tackle !

That's a tad harsh , hes been average yes but better than KEA, Herd, Holman .

Bannan, KEA, Herd and Holman could all go - none of them have played well enough. Bannan could do with a fresh start somewhere where he will play week in week out. I can see him doing well somewhere. Maybe Celtic. He's not managed to cement his place in a poor Villa midfield which suggests with a couple of decent additions he will be further down the pecking order. 

2 mill for Bannan

More likely to get 2 mill for the tea lady

£2mill isn't much in football these days. Bannan is still relatively young, has premier league games and international games under his belt. I think it would be a fair price...Lowton was £2.5 million and he was completely unproven at Premier League level.  

254 pages , how

Because Bannan is public enemy number one.. There have been numerous players put in shocking performances this season and their threads get a few comments on. Bannan puts in a bad performance and hundreds of comments are made.

I'm not saying he is a good player and that he doesn't deserve some criticism, but some comments are just way over the top on him

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

Lambert doesn't wear his glasses to training, it's all so clear now!

30aqav8.jpg

I bet this is what PL is thinking@

" I'm sure that's our wee Barry Bannon being chased along the motorway there by the old bill. Oh well at least he's getting some training done even if his corners are a criminal act"  :P 

254 pages , how

Because Bannan is public enemy number one.. There have been numerous players put in shocking performances this season and their threads get a few comments on. Bannan puts in a bad performance and hundreds of comments are made.

I'm not saying he is a good player and that he doesn't deserve some criticism, but some comments are just way over the top out him

Perhaps its just because he's been consistently bad for a long time now and thankfully the manager thinks the same. That dreadful spell he had through December-January-February where he couldnt do even the simple things right forged the whipping boy image he now has. He's had no role in our upturn in fortunes and this speaks volumes; the team looks far better without him in the team. Now we've found what looks like our best team I reckon he'll be gone in the summer and we'll be lucky to get more than £2m for him, probably from a Championship club. That's his level I'm afraid; I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up drifting further down the leagues.

Its so disappointing from a player I followed from the youth team upwards, not just the lack of ability but also for the fact that he got done for drink driving and he's by all accounts personality wise a bit of a rocket polisher. I remember him bossing reserve games in MON's time when we had those lovely evenings out at the Bescot. He looked like a real handful then but he just hasnt been anywhere near consistent enough to warrant a place at this level. He needs to seriously bulk up and get his head right if he wants a future here, but I think his time is up.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

2 mill for Bannan

More likely to get 2 mill for the tea lady

£2mill isn't much in football these days. Bannan is still relatively young, has premier league games and international games under his belt. I think it would be a fair price...Lowton was £2.5 million and he was completely unproven at Premier League level.  

We took a gamble on Lowton and it looks like it is going to pay off. The problem with Bannan is that he is proven at this level. Proven that he can't play and therefore I would struggle to see anyone in the PL handing over money to us for a less than average Premiership player with only a year left on his contract. Championship level clubs would take a gamble on him hoping he will perform at that level though they will only be able to afford half a million tops.