Barry Bannan

villianusa

even if his villa career does come to an end, he will just be stuck in the reserves for 18 months like warnock and hutton was as nobody will want him until hes really cheap

we cant even give away the cr ap we have at this club

I would play this new DM ahead of a non-DM.

Whether that is Westwood, Delph or Bannan don't mind - whoever is playing the better, whoever is the most dangerous creatively, gets to play next to this physical DM.

I think that will be Bannan but right now Westwood is playing better and could prove to be as creative. 

We could also play three in CM - Sylla, Westwood, Bannan.

the vitriol from the stands last night whenever he got bullied off the ball, being slow to react, pass went astray........ I think it's best for him he moves on.

Bannan would probably do a job in the french or dutch leagues where it's slow paced and not physical. He's been in and around the team for about 4 years. I remember him playing a few uefa games when mon was the gaffer. we lost those as well.

There are players like Shaun Maloney and Wayne Routelidge who I thought it would be worth persevering with and now looking at opposition team sheets I think they will cause us problems.

But if I ever see an opponents team with Bannan in I'll think 3 easy pts today.

the vitriol from the stands last night whenever he got bullied off the ball, being slow to react, pass went astray........ I think it's best for him he moves on.

Bannan would probably do a job in the french or dutch leagues where it's slow paced and not physical. He's been in and around the team for about 4 years. I remember him playing a few uefa games when mon was the gaffer. we lost those as well.

There are players like Shaun Maloney and Wayne Routelidge who I thought it would be worth persevering with and now looking at opposition team sheets I think they will cause us problems.

But if I ever see an opponents team with Bannan in I'll think 3 easy pts today.

Where are Maloney and Routledge? Wigan and Swansea. Two short-passing teams.

That is why I suggested Bannan would be sold to Swansea if we go down.

We've won 4 times in PL this season and each time Bannan played so I don't think we've got a problem winning with him in the side. 

It's the whole team performance. 

We've won 4 times in PL this season and each time Bannan played so I don't think we've got a problem winning with him in the side.

Surely that shows we do have a problem winning with bannan in the side.

We also have a problem with winning with most of our players in the side but that stat is hardly one to say bannan must play all the time.

I think it will.

Delph, Westwood and Sylla.

With Lowton and Bennet playing outside those 3 in Lambert's midfield 5 - where are the opportunities coming from? None of them are creative.

If not Bannan, then perhaps Ireland? N'Zogbia?

As terrible as he has been, I think he could offer something if he was played further up the pitch where if he did lose the ball he wouldn't be putting us under as much pressure as he would be more than a yard away from Clark. I think there is a case for him to play left wing in a 4-4-2, he lacks pace but if he could swing in a decent ball to Benteke there might be a few goals in it. That being said you would have to play Baker left back as Bennet & Bannan just could not work on a defensive basis.

With Lowton and Bennet playing outside those 3 in Lambert's midfield 5 - where are the opportunities coming from? None of them are creative.

Lambert needs to stop playing 3 defenders. You may agree with this.

Even when we began with the system and won against Liverpool we should have been 5 down in the first 20 minutes.

When Bennett and Lowton are wide, as they were against Newcastle, they don't defend so are not defenders. This leaves us weak at the back with 3 defenders.

This movement map is evidence that Lowton and Bennett don't get near our penalty area very often to defend in the 3-5-2.

10hisjq.png

I agree Bannan should play in midfield but if we don't sort the defensive formation out, we're going to be lucky to win the match even if we score a couple of goals.

How often do you want to post those heat maps?

Why should they bother you?

Not everyone reads every thread on here. Most people will dip in and leave. That's what I always used to do before I signed up for an account.

This will be the first time some of the readers would have seen it and maybe the last time they revisit the site for weeks.

These maps also show a very revealing fact about the way we played the last game so are worth reposting.

I'll not be put off posting more movement maps in future.

He has definately been shit this year, no doubt about it. 

The thing I dont get is wasnt he a left midfielder at some point? he runs about alot, and can cross the ball. thats a winger isnt it?

or is that me remembering him before his head got turned by Arsenal and he started getting arrested on drink driving charges?

I dunno

Why should they bother you?

Not everyone reads every thread on here. Most people will dip in and leave. That's what I always used to do before I signed up for an account.

This will be the first time some of the readers would have seen it and maybe the last time they revisit the site for weeks.

These maps also show a very revealing fact about the way we played the last game so are worth reposting.

I'll not be put off posting more movement maps in future.

fair enough just seems like you're a broken record

Ive said for ages, whe should ship our youngsters out sooner rather than later - Just before MON left WBA were sniffing around bannan - we would have probably got £1 - £1.5m, same with Albrighton, Delfonso, - we need to make up our mind earlier.

As it is, we wait until we(and everyone else) are absolutely sure they are shit - then release them on a free. Much as I don't like the bloke we can now why MON wouldn't play the youngsters.

Hopefully Sylla Westwood/Delph sitting in front of the back 4 tomorrow with Bannan on the bench or even better back in the reserves

Bench is fine by me! **** i'd even given him a booster seat so he could actually watch the game see how to play it!!