Barry Bannan

villianusa

He was abysmal tonight. He's been on a downward spiral performance wise for a long time now but tonight took the biscuit. He's way too keen to play a low percentage pass which, as the name suggests, more often than not fails in periods of the game when we were applying constant pressure and his erratic passing gave them time to regroup.

I sincerely hope we have a centre midfielder coming in before the end of this window in some shape or form. Bannan has been asked to do too much and is simply not capable of either the holding or driving forward pressence we need from central midfield in this current team.

I don't want to see Bannan in the team against, Westwood is perfectly capable of doing what he does but better. Put Westwood next to a new big defensive midfielder (or Herd if we are not to sign someone) then we might have a chance.

That was Westwood...

Whoever it was, it was a great delivery.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Pathetic the lot of you!!! How have you come to the conclusion that Bannan is a bad player after that game? Done well, kept things ticking over and played as well Westwood did. So why isn't Westwood getting blamed? Westwood corners were similar to Bannan's...they didn't result in any goals, does that mean Westwood is the 'worst corner taker' in a Villa shirt? JUST BECAUSE WE LOST A GAME DOESN'T MEAN ITS BANNAN'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!

How is Bannan dubbed as shite after that. He misplaced a few passes, but so did everyone else, yet they don't get stick. I remember Westwood giving the ball away many a time, why doesn't he get stick? The answer: BECAUSE BANNAN IS A SCAPEGOAT! Stop jumping on the hate Bannan bandwagon and have something constructive to say. He played well today and certainly put his shift in. He pressed very well in that second half and gave I loved the moment when he had a go at Cabaye for diving.

Leave this unjustified criticism out and start supporting our players!

To be honest I came to the conclusion he was shit a while ago but tonight he was really, really shit.

Bannan the new scapegoat.Left with too much to do in the 1st half, PL got the tactics wrong, 2nd half kept the ball moving quickly, but is too weak sometimes, and gets brushed off the ball too easily.

Not up to it, but at least he tries.A choice of Ireland or Bannan.

Therefore you assume its a forgone conclusion that every time he plays he's shite, even when he isn't.

Errrr...Yes he is.

Edited by Si.

Here are the passing stats

Passes (percent accurate) Long balls  (percent accurate)

Weimann: 8 (100%) 0

Vlaar: 28 (93%) 2 (0%)

Agbonlahor: 11 (91%) 1 (100%)

Westwood: 41 (90%) 5 (60%)

Bannan: 52 (85%)  15 (87%)

Lowton: 38 (84%) 12 (60%)

Impressed by Westwood - he had 2 key passes, which includes that whipped in corner.

Bannan's 85% passing accuracy and 87% long ball accuracy isn't too shabby. I think some people on here remember the 2 crap ones and forget the 13 he did well. 

The statistics underline the fact that Bannan is not to blame for the result. We won the second half. Why didn't we play like that in the first?

All you defending Bannan clearly do not watch the games, Bannan is an AWFUL centre midfielder. He passed a 10 yard ball to baker IN THE AIR. Why? To get his "amazing long pass stats" up to a high, absolutley useless in the middle should never play CM ever again, only position I can ever see him being useful, is the CF behind the striker role.

Please use Chris Herd, KEA, Delph over Wee Barry ANYDAY.

• Like 2

All you defending Bannan clearly do not watch the games, Bannan is an AWFUL centre midfielder. He passed a 10 yard ball to baker IN THE AIR. Why? To get his "amazing long pass stats" up to a high, absolutley useless in the middle should never play CM ever again, only position I can ever see him being useful, is the CF behind the striker role.

Westwood was the better CM today. Let's not dispute that.

you can't complain about Bannan's performance.

85% passing accuracy

87% long ball accuracy

4 interceptions - joint highest with Nathan Baker

0 tackles - but you can't blame Bannan for not being a defensive midfielder

Are long balls judged over air or distance or both?