Barry Bannan

villianusa

He's the reason we lost today. And the reason we've lost throughout our history. He shot Archduke Ferdinand and he set fire to the HIndenbuerg. He grew the iceberg that sunk the Titanic in his freezer and made AIDS in his fridge. If he touches a plant it dies and he can often be found strangling cute little bunny rabbits round the back of the co-op.

So true. I saw him kick a pile of kittens as he walked off the pitch. EVIL!

--

Seriously people all that happened today was he was brought on when WBA were in the ascendancy and he failed to change the course of the match. That doesn't make him the worst player of all-time, never fit to play again. There are 11 players in our team and he's far from the only one who made bad passes in the 2nd half.

He's the reason we lost today. And the reason we've lost throughout our history. He shot Archduke Ferdinand and he set fire to the HIndenbuerg. He grew the iceberg that sunk the Titanic in his freezer and made AIDS in his fridge. If he touches a plant it dies and he can often be found strangling cute little bunny rabbits round the back of the co-op.

Why can't I 'like' this post? :D

I don't know what Stan Collymore is doing. Blaming Bannan just deflects attention from what really happened.

Barcelona dominate the first half against Real Madrid 0 : 2 at the Bernabau.

Come out after half time, and they are over-run by an inspired opposition. They concede.

Then, your defensive midfielder limps off injured.

Who do you bring on as sub? You have a choice between Ineista or Busquests.

How does his performance warrant this hate? Bannan was distinctly meh today and was not at his best, however he wasn't at fault for any of the goals and was not woeful. Played in the wrong half, would've thrived in the first half with the space and time we got on the ball. He came on at a time where we got none of the ball and everything was being hoofed away. Game didn't suite Bannan at all, but he was still adequate.

Nobody can defend this lightweight clown anymore. My lad play's CM at academy level under 16's and I would put money on him bullying bannan all day. I'm truly suprised he made it through the youth system. He is shit end of!

For our u16s? Who is he? Pm me if you want

People have made up their mind on him and just look for reasons to hate him more. e.g. last match he came on 2nd half and took (to my memory) 4 corners. 2 of which were poor and 2 of which caused clear chances (one Benteke flicked across goal & one Baker/Clark headed onto bar). The two poor corners got a string of comments on the matchday thread about how awful Bannan is. The two good ones got about 1 positive comment about his delivery. Westwood had similar hit/miss rate with his corners today, but doesn't get any of the criticism about delivery because he is not designated scapegoat.

• Like 1

And he is shit at football. You forgot that bit.

Barcelona dominate the first half against Real Madrid 0 : 2 at the Bernabau.

Come out after half time, and they are over-run by an inspired opposition. They concede.

Then, your defensive midfielder limps off injured.

Who do you bring on as sub? You have a choice between Ineista or Busquests.

Can you PLEASE stop comparing Bannan to Barcelona players. It's embarrassing.

Bannan was not the reason we lost today but it's become more than a coincidence that when he plays, we get over-run. Even an ardent Banann supporter, can't deny we played better in the first half, when Bannan wasn't on the field.

ship him out, got bullied yet again, no impact no presence too small...........

If you expect Bannan to do the job of a defensive midfielder he's going to fail because he's not a defensive midfielder.

Lambert set him up to fail by bringing him on.

You don't bring on Iniesta to do the job of Busquets. End of story.

Ridiculous substitution! Clark could have gone into DM.

WTF was that substitution all about.

It still remains true the only PL games we've won this season have been when Bannan has played. If he was that bad, that wouldn't be true.

Edited by Con

Bannan was not the reason we lost today but it's become more than a coincidence that when he plays' date=' we get over-run. Even an ardent Banann supporter, can't deny we played better in the first half, when Bannan wasn't on the field.[/quote']

Then again it was complete opposite vs Southampton, where we were much better in the 2nd half when Bannan came on. Essentially I think he's better for us when we're chasing the game than when we're trying to hold on.

hate the way this guy comes on and insists on taking corners and free kicks. his delivery is shit

That's probably because he is has the best delivery in the Premier League.

Leighton Baines is 32%. Bannan was 46%. Three crosses today, one accurate: 33%. 90% pass accuracy.

The reason we perceive him to have had a bad game is because he's not a defensive midfielder, which we needed! 1-2 up you don't bring on another offensive player with little defensive play - you tighten up.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/615154/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2012-2013-West-Bromwich-Albion-Aston-Villa

Why is nobody questioning Lambert and instead piling the blame on Bannan?

Leighton Baines is 32%. Bannan was 46%. Three crosses today, one accurate: 33%. 90% pass accuracy.

The reason we perceive him to have had a bad game is because he's not a defensive midfielder, which we needed! 1-2 up you don't bring on another offensive player with little defensive play - you tighten up.

http://www.whoscored...ion-Aston-Villa

Guess u aint looked at the lambert thread on here?

http://www.whoscored...ion-Aston-Villa

Because Bannan is a scapegoat and people cling on to every little reason to blame him (Y). I mean what other team's fans want to see there own players fail? Completely unjustified blame.

Reo Coker > Bannan

At being a defensive midfielder. Bannan is not a defensive midfielder. Reo-Coker is far better than Bannan in the defensive midfield. I'd play him every time over Bannan in that role.

Because Bannan is a scapegoat and people cling on to every little reason to blame him (Y). I mean what other team's fans want to see there own players fail? Completely unjustified blame.

It happened to Walcott at Arsenal.

Edited by Con

Walcott would walk into most teams in the premier league.

Bannan wouldn't get into any other team in the premier league - fact.

Walcott has always had ability and quality just not the consistency.

I've yet to see something "special" from Bannan after 50+ appearances for Villa.

I hope his contract is not renewed and we let him go on a free when his contract is up - he will most likely end up in the SPL.