Barry Bannan

villianusa

nobody has said that. You are saying he has 4 assists in his villa career that he is dreadful but when he has created so many chances he gets no praise.

just people with 1 sided opinion on him. He isnt Xavi or Scholes but he is a decent footballer and gets a lot of slack/abuse for one mistake he made when drunk

Martin Laurence@martinlaurence7

Barry Bannan has just 1 goal and 4 assists in 58 Premier League appearances for Aston Villa

That can hopefully put this thread to rest now.. that isn't good whatever you way you look at it.

Random tweet from twitter is worth more than the analysis I've provided in this thread? All he has done is mentioned his goals and assists and games and put the word "just" in front. That's not analysis. It's trolling.

Check out Leon Britton's stats for Swansea. Leon Britton is one of their key players.

We've said many times, Bannan's stats would improve in a better team. Could have had 6 assists the other night.

For someone on about 10k week that's pretty good value compared to what some of our other midfielders are earning.

AS much as I dont rate Bannan, I would play him with Westwood against Southampton. They seem to have an understanding and Westwood does alot of the work which leaves Bannan free to play his hollywood balls. If he plays at least 10 then he might get one right and we might score.

I am pretty sure that Bannan is encouraged to be more expansive in his passing than the other holding player, but he would benefit from being the one who keeps it simple and keeps the play ticking over. But in saying that Westwood is better in that role than Bannan which is why he wouldn't start for me.

Bannan did well when he came on, initially LW until Westwood subbed.

Corners started to hit their targets (N'Zog taking them before) and we got chances from set pieces.

Shocking decision not to start him after he created so many chances against Bradford.

Bannan changed the game as in the first half we had no threat going forward.

For some reason though, Lambert did not return him to CM until Westwood left the pitch.

Edited by Con

Rubbish yet again today

Out of about 10 corners he did one good one

Can only pass the ball backwards or sidewards whenever he passed it forwards it was a hollywood ball or along the ground which never hits its man

Rubbish under pressure not composed at all gives the ball away

No wonder were going down with players like this in our squad

Your comments do not reflect the match.

Bannan's delivery was superb. There was not one misplaced free kick or corner.

You must be confusing his corners with N'Zogbia's which were all over the place.

N'Zogbia was taking the corners even when Bannan was on, they on switched when N'Zog was subbed.

I won't find getting relegated because we did not play Barry Bannan often enough funny.

18/19 points he's won for us. 10k a week midifielder who's only played 50% of available minutes.

No other midfielder gets close to him. Not to his record, not to his set piece delivery.

It is bizarre why he is not first choice week in week out. Perhaps Lambert reads this thread and does not want you guys to hate him for picking Bannan?

If that's the case... better start supporting Bannan or we're going down.

Are you his brother? agent?

Does he earn enough yet to afford an agent?

I also speak with an English accent so not his brother.

Just a Villa fan.

You are trying to sound incredulous that I could say anything positive about Bannan. The compliments are not hard when you look at his actual performances without bias.

He was stuck out on LW today, not his natural position, and was still our most effective midfielder.

Does he earn enough yet to afford an agent?

I also speak with an English accent so not his brother.

Just a Villa fan.

You are trying to sound incredulous that I could say anything positive about Bannan. The compliments are not hard when you look at his actual performances without bias.

He was stuck out on LW today, not his natural position, and was still our most effective midfielder.

Sorry but he wasn't our most effective midfielder.

I find this both daft and arrogant in the extreme, that you can presume to be the only person to view his performances without bias. You appear to think that despite the vast majority of people thinking very differently to you, that you are in some way able to rise above bias and have an unaffected view of him while everyone else is incapable of being objective.

You endlessly posted the same old sats, the same old stats which seem to be doing nothing to convince anyone to change their mind about what they see with their own eyes. For all I know these stats could be made up, who knows, I don't care enough to check.

Have you ever considered that perhaps rather than everyone else being biased and incapable of being objective that perhaps you are the one who for some reason is lacking objectivity or perhaps that you might just be wrong?