Barry Bannan

villianusa

Three subs set up and scored that goal. Three subs some would cast aside because they are young and like an occasional beer.

Bannan was so pissed he was chucking up everywhere in front of the punters and managed to be sick over someone's car in the carpark.

The very same players (Bannan, Weimann, Clark, Stevens, Lichaj) were in Molloy's bar in sutton all saturday.

I won't comment on how pissed they were... but they were there all afternoon, and were kicked out at 9.20. A few had gone by then but Bannan and Weimann were both still there.

@MMFy. Just before we get too carried away, a point of information is that Gary Gardner, one of the three subs who combined for our goal against Fulham, is not as far as I know implicated in these tales of drunkeness. I hope you will withdraw that allegation.

Secondly, if the behaviour described above is your idea of having an "occasional beer", I really really would not like to bump into you on a night when you were really on the lash. :winkold:

(Oh, and to those explaining this as natural St Patrick's day celebrations by lads brought up in Ireland, have a thnk about the nationality of Bannan and Weimann...)

I rarely drink, and never drink to extremes. However, I'm 36 and more of an Ale aficionado.

I never go out on St Paddy's day though, it's an excuse for everyone to go out and get disgracefully cunted, regardless of their geographical origin.

I'm not going to write of these players behaviour because it is nothing worse than one should expect from 95% of people their age.

And three days before the Bolton game is irrelevant. People that age will recover from a good session in a few hours.

4 academy lads out on st Paddys day having a harmless beer or three

Sack the manager

Laughable

Presumably Bannan had also been having a "harmless" beer or three when he crashed a car, under the influence of drink, at high speed, with no licence, on the M1 and ran away?

I really hope the club have made clear to him he is on notice to clean up the drinking act. If not I can see this ending badly.

Just out of interest, are you pro-prohibition?

Was he driving around the pub at the weekend? Why bring it up?

I wouldn't be bothered if, like Gazza, he had a couple of shorts before the game if he was good enough.

Or McGrath, being dragged out the pub at 2.30.

Drinking the occasional beer isn't going to make him the devil incarnate. No matter how many bullshit journos pick up on it.

I would have rather had a pissed Gascoigne in my team than a sober Heskey...

Methinks Wee Barry has banged KHV's missus or something. That's the only logical conclusion I can come to anyway

why?

he is shite and done done nothing apart from enbarrass himself off the pitch.

he hasnt been much good on it either, his problem is he thinks he is great but he isnt. he is more comparable to bamber gascoigne than paul gascoigne when it comes to ability on the pitch.

some people seem to think that everbody that comes from our academy are world beaters.

allbrighton and bannan are clearly will be poor premiership players and should be moved on.

other youngsters should be given more of a chance. gardner, clark and herd have done well and there are other young players that look promising. allbrighton and bannan have had more than enough chances and have not taken them.

bannan is too small, too arrogant and lacks quality at this lever. as i said SPL is where he belongs

Methinks Wee Barry has banged KHV's missus or something. That's the only logical conclusion I can come to anyway

why?

he hasnt been much good on it either, his problem is he thinks he is great but he isnt. he is more comparable to bamber gascoigne than paul gascoigne when it comes to ability on the pitch.

some people seem to think that everbody that comes from our academy are world beaters.

allbrighton and bannan are clearly will be poor premiership players and should be moved on.

other youngsters should be given more of a chance. gardner, clark and herd have done well and there are other young players that look promising. allbrighton and bannan have had more than enough chances and have not taken them.

bannan is too small, too arrogant and lacks quality at this lever. as i said SPL is where he belongs

So can you explain this:

1. Albrighton matched Young and Downing last season for goals and assists, proportionally for the minutes he spent on the pitch. Without them here, and with the team struggling, he has struggled. He showed last season he can perform, and that skill has not gone away. He is, like a number of other players, suffering a dip in form. If Albrighton could match Young last season stats-wise, and Young is rated and has been rated for years at over £20m (providing he has two or more years on his contract - final year values are not a true reflection), what do you think Young is worth, and what do you think Albrighton is worth?

2. Bannan, when played in his preferred central midfield role, while small, is a great passer of the ball. He made the pass that created our last league goal. He has bossed games before when he has played in that position. He has the skills to make it for sure. Why do you really think he is shit?

why?

Agree 100%

I also agree with an earlier post that given the privileges they get as professional footballers they should be able to lay off the sauce during the season.

Bannan is quite clearly a massive word removed of a man.

He's also pretty average.

I doubt he'll make it and I hope he **** off soon.

It's bad enough having to watch average players but it's twice as bad when you know that average player is a 100% massive word removed face.

Bannan is quite clearly a massive word removed of a man.

He's also pretty average.

I doubt he'll make it and I hope he **** off soon.

It's bad enough having to watch average players but it's twice as bad when you know that average player is a 100% massive word removed face.

I assume you were pissed when you wrote that shite

Hope he rams that down your throat today

If Barry Bannan isn't the type of footballer you want to watch then it would seem to me that you don't like football much.

Whether or not he's good enough to bring the things he can do at a lower level into the Premier league remains to be seen, but I think from a football perspective most people would hope he can - there's an absence of the sort of imagination, wit and joy that Barry can bring to a game in the league and especially in our side - if it turns out he's not good enough then fair enough, if he's not Mother Theresa, so what, but I think you have to give flair players that chance.

Anyone got any idea how much Bannan is on a week?

There's a lot of suggestion he should be teetotal as a sacrifice for his salary but I doubt he is on much more than £5k/week. A lot for us, but not for a Premier League footballer.

Also, what should be the demeanour of an Aston Villa player? Should we go all out to sign church going, teetotal, Blue Peter presenters? Because even if we did this, you'd still pick up the odd Richard Bacon...

Anyone got any idea how much Bannan is on a week?

There's a lot of suggestion he should be teetotal as a sacrifice for his salary but I doubt he is on much more than £5k/week. A lot for us, but not for a Premier League footballer.

Also, what should be the demeanour of an Aston Villa player? Should we go all out to sign church going, teetotal, Blue Peter presenters? Because even if we did this, you'd still pick up the odd Richard Bacon...

What a ridiculous post.

Has anyone suggested anything to this extreme?

There's having a few beers and a few laughs as a young man and then there's driving your car while a holed on the motorway putting innocent people at risk, crashing the car then fleeing the scene.

That's just the facts we know about. There were rumours of bad behaviour at Blackpool and these rumours still appear now.

The kid is nothing but a word removed and like i said, I have no interest in watching someone like him wearing the shirt.

That's just the facts we know about. There were rumours of bad behaviour at Blackpool and these rumours still appear now.

word is rumours. He made a mistake wit hthe drink driuving he owned up to it. Just cause he has been seeing having a few beers he is now a complete word removed?