Barry Bannan

villianusa

He wasn't great yesterday apart from his corners that is which were again superb. He needs to play a more advanced position not left of midfield. Too deep he was always trying to make a cutting pass to Gabby but either Gabby wasn't reading them or Manure was blocking them to be fair they did a good job on Gabby. He needs to play closer to Bent but that would be too attacking for Mclown.

I will repeat myself, as he is very wee man, he needs to play AMC behind Benty, in front of at least two strong midfielders who know how to defend (This was probably the reason why MON did not rate him). Short balls to his feet and he will feed Bent for goals. Mark my words. Our most creative player right now. But playing him in two man midfield is a suicide. There were rumours that he is best technicaly skilled player in current squad, so the instructions would be very simple for him. Beat your player, be adventurous and feed Bent. I am sure with his positional play that Petrov and Herd know how to deliver the ball to his feet.

Something like this:

------------Bent------------

Gabby--Bannan--Nzogbia

------Petrov---Herd-------

Still don't really see why he's rated so highly by many.
I completely agree. A few good passes here or there but I haven't anything else to get me excited by him, certainly have never thought he's the future of our midfield. My view seems to be in the minority, I just don't see what everybody else seems to see in him

• 3 weeks later...
thought he was really poor when he was on vs. Liverpool, just abysmal passing.

I feel sorry for him. He must sit there watching Fabian Delph starting thinking how the **** is he getting a game over me :lol:

He was poor, I didn't really rate him but then I changed my mind and thought he's the sort of player that will get better with age and experience, unfortunately he's not going to get the experience he needs to improve if he's not playing regularly enough. A lot of his game is based on decision making, playing two games and then missing the next 5 isn't going to help him at all. I guess it is a results business and maybe Bannan right now (although better than Delph IMO) isn't good enough and makes too many poor decisions on the ball despite having as much ability as anyone else in the squad. Think we'd benefit in the future as would Bannan if he was made a regular fixture in the side and at the moment, he should be. Would like to see him alongside Petrov and then maybe give Gardner a go in a role to really support the striker.

i am of the opinion that we shouldnt play more than 2 kids a a time on the pitch, i also believe that we DEFINITELY shouldnt play 2 kids in midfield, its risky, i would pick albrighton over bannan every time

i too cant quite see the hype over bannan just yet, im not saying hes no good or i dont like him, etc, i just think albrighton is already better at the moment

He was trying too hard against Liverpool and trying to force the ball.

Watch him, he will pass the ball, move and show for it back. Even Dunne ran half way up the pitch and nobody was moving so he couldn't do **** all with it. If Bannan was in a team with players who move he would fit right in. Our team is so shit everyone just stands there. Apart from Hutton, who is always stood in the wrong place.

has this already been mentioned that bannan is now the new face of WM police xmas anti-drink campaign?

he apparently earns £10k per week, far too much for a fringe youth player imo, but maybe im getting old now to value money?

obviously bannan has decided to do this himself, fair play to him, although what about the profile of the club?

has this already been mentioned that bannan is now the new face of WM police xmas anti-drink campaign?

he apparently earns £10k per week, far too much for a fringe youth player imo, but maybe im getting old now to value money?

obviously bannan has decided to do this himself, fair play to him, although what about the profile of the club?

Not sure what the connection between his wages and his drink driving are tbh.

I also find the insinuation that Bannan is lowering the club's profile by getting involved in the campaign an odd one to say the least. If anything I'd say it was the club who would of put pressure on him to get involved in a initiative such as this one... especially considering it was filmed at BMH.

am sure you are trying to make some sort of point but cant seem to figure what it is.

Is Bannan wrong? the club wrong? the police wrong?

I think this is clearly part of the club's attempts to punish him. I know it doesn't sound like a punishment, but if he was silly enough to go out drink driving, I'm sure he's not the kind of person to volunteer for this.

More likely the club told him to do it, to show he's trying to move on and be professional. Part of his education.

How in the name of Zeus' butthole is it a PR disaster?

It's a PR gaffe alright, recently convicted drink driver in full AV training regalia fronting anti drink drive campaign, the sentiment may be right, but not this way.