Barry Bannan

villianusa

I've seen far more from Bannan than I have from Delph, and Im a huge fan of Delph so it's no slight on him.

For me, Bannan has played consecutively for 4 or 5 games now, and has been in the top 3 or 4 performers in every one of those games, being MOTM in a couple.

I heard someone mention he was poor against Blackpool? Not sure about this to be honest, and judging by the standing ovation he got when he came off the field then I'm not alone in that opinion.

I think Bannan's weight in this arguement is suffering from a) the last game and B) the Downing-injury symptom which Delph is currently benefitting from. If Bannan had some intelligent players who werent so stuck up their own arses infront of him, then a couple more of his hollywood passes might actually come to fruition.

I think they could probably both play together successfully, but agree that in this stage of their careers they'd need a Petrov behind them for both his leadership and defensive qualities.

If we can keep hold of Delph, Bannan, Albrighton, Clark, Gabby, Downing & Gardner for the next 3 or 4 years, we will have a much stronger squad than we've had for a good while (if we add some more players around it, which is almost guaranteed).

Does anyone know how long those players have contracts until?

Gabby, Bannan & Albrighton have just signed long contracts. What about the others?

I too don't understand what everyone is going on about with regards to Delph. He is a player with a lot of potential and was quiet and fairly solid when he has appeared whereas Bannan has been very impressive. Bannan has a lot more natural talent with the ball at his feet than most other players at the club I feel and his passing is arguably the best, certainly top 3. There is no way that I'd drop Bannan for Delph when he comes back - Delph needs to earn a place and unfortunately he can only do that when Bannan has a dip in form.

It's very nice having the options that we have but we need them to be fit first.

One thing about him that pisses me off is when he keeps trying these long 'hollywood' balls

Bet you weren't saying that after the goal away at Fulham? But yes, in general I agree, he tries the long diagonal ball a little too often and he hasn't yet found consistency in his range and accuracy

One thing about him that pisses me off is when he keeps trying these long 'hollywood' balls

The odd one has gone to the opposition but I think there have been a great deal that have worked or where the player it was intended for hasn't read the ball. If it was Cantona or Merson Making the pas people woulld blame the players for not reading it which actually happened when Merson first signed.

Keep doing it I say, the worst is Ash, some of his free kicks and passes are just so wayward that it can only be put down to the player and there has been some much easier passes to other players he could have made.

I thought he was very poor against arsenal, Blackburn and burnley and looked good against man u and fulham and did ok against blackburn.

I don't think he's ready to play regular football for us when everyone is fit

So was he very poor against Blackburn or did he do okay?

The odd one has gone to the opposition but I think there have been a great deal that have worked or where the player it was intended for hasn't read the ball. If it was Cantona or Merson Making the pas people woulld blame the players for not reading it which actually happened when Merson first signed.

Keep doing it I say, the worst is Ash, some of his free kicks and passes are just so wayward that it can only be put down to the player and there has been some much easier passes to other players he could have made.

It's more than the odd one, to be honest.

It happened twice against Arsenal and at least 3 or 4 times against Blackburn IIRC.

I'm glad he's trying it, but he needs to keep practicing to get it perfect!

Hes got "hollywood" balls in his locker, they cant come off everytime, big chance for him to become a hero tonight, hasnt been as good in last two games but he can run rings round these words removed tonight.

Got a feeling hes gonna score first

He should score, it's his 21st birthday.

Hes got "hollywood" balls in his locker, they cant come off everytime, big chance for him to become a hero tonight, hasnt been as good in last two games but he can run rings round these words removed tonight.

Got a feeling hes gonna score first

He should score, it's his 21st birthday.

Is it!?

Time to become a man Gaz Bazz

It's more than the odd one, to be honest.

It happened twice against Arsenal and at least 3 or 4 times against Blackburn IIRC.

I'm glad he's trying it, but he needs to keep practicing to get it perfect!

I don't know but it would be interesting to see what other top prem players success rate is as I am sure none or very few are 100% and few clubs would expect 100% so to mention twice against Arsenal is a little harsh in my opinion. The Blackburn game was always going to be a big learning curve for the Bannon and this was even mentioned by GH before that game.

He is not the finished article but he is showing signs that he will get there, we all rave about albrighton yet out of the two players it was faults of Marc that were raised by GH not Bannon.

Let him keep trying else we might as well play with Osbourne :|